Kids Program Age Groups, Strict on ages?

We will be sailing on Allure 2/21/16 with our extended family. My niece will be 8 yrs old and sounds like she will be in "Explorers" group. Our nephew will be 5 1/2 and be in the "Aquanauts". My question is how strict are they in keeping the kids separated? I know my nephew will not want to be separated from his big sis so will they allow him to join her in the "Exolorers" group?

Thank you for any help on this!

Shelley

This is discussed here from time to time, with the token "You can ask..." but the inevitable "They are very strict.". Think about it - they really have to draw the line somewhere and be strict with the ages. Would it be prudent to let an 18 year old man in the group with 15 year old girls? Not quite your scenario but I am making a point. They are strict, and for good reason. :)

Having said that, I have read here where the age limit was suspended on a case-by-case basis after an assessment by the group leader(s).

Perhaps they can meet up later elsewhere, or in some cases, they may combine two groups with supervision.

I went on the Explorer a few years ago with my brother. My niece was 8 and my dd was 5. They would not let them join the same group. Whether it was because there were too many kids or because it was too big of an age difference I'm not sure.

It will vary from ship to ship and will also be dependant upon how many children are enrolled. Also the kids must be close to the age group to move up or down a level. You will not know until you board the ship and ask.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Be prepared for a "no". The activities are very age appropriate. It's not like he'll never see his sister....they don't have to spend every minute in the clubs! Each will be happier with their own age group. IF (and that's a big "if") they make an exception, it will be to put the 8 year old with the babies.

I should have added the the ages of the groups. Explorers is ages 6-8 and Aquanauts is ages 3-5. That is why I asked about a 5 1/2 year old being able to join the next group up. I totally understand not putting a child in an age appropriate group. And, yes, they can be separated, but I thought I would just ask the question.

Leaving on Grandeur on Friday...my oldest son is 17 and my younger son is 14 but will be 15 in a few weeks. I thought it would be easier (and more comfortable) for my boys if they could be in the 15-17 club together.

I had heard that RC was strict with the age groupings, but I called them anyhow. The gentleman indicated that if the one child is "close" to the other age group, they can accommodate our request. Was told to take my younger boy to the first night meet up and request.

Due to the differences in activity levels, They are very unlikely to allow a child to move up a level to join a sibling (I've been told "never", but I always take absolutes with a grain of salt). They have been known to allow an older sibling to join the younger one, although more than likely the older sibling will be too old for most of the activities and might get bored.

And as others said, it's also going to depend on the number of children onboard.

This is discussed here from time to time, with the token "You can ask..." but the inevitable "They are very strict.". Think about it - they really have to draw the line somewhere and be strict with the ages. Would it be prudent to let an 18 year old man in the group with 15 year old girls? Not quite your scenario but I am making a point. They are strict, and for good reason. :)

Having said that, I have read here where the age limit was suspended on a case-by-case basis after an assessment by the group leader(s).

Perhaps they can meet up later elsewhere, or in some cases, they may combine two groups with supervision.

First son was 13 other was 11. 11 year old not allowed in teen room. Had to stay with 9 year olds. He never went back.