June/July offers

stevejco

Thanks for posting this! I just bookd our 2016 med cruise yesterday but may rebook next week to get the UBP-even with the gratuities. Gotta do the math first!

We are new to NCL, how much do mixed drink cocktails usually cost? (Vodka and cranberry and scotch in the rocks to be precise!)

Steve - Thanks, I don't believe this is up yet (except for that Bonus Days OBC of up to $100 for 6 days this month only)

Interesting, 18% gratuity is no longer included for some of the packages. The Dining credit will be capped but one can run up a sizable tab on the soda and beverage program.

Based on the chart they provided, it seems guests would be responsible for the 18% based on the package price, so for a 7 day cruise with UBP you would be responsible for $68 and change, per person, or whatever the figure was. (Can't see the chart while I'm typing this! Lol! Not exact number but something close to that) So it's still a fixed number on the UDP and UBP, not per meal or per drink.

I wonder if they charge you on board or prior to sailing?

Okay. I'm totally new to NCL (not cruising) so bear with me. Trying to make sense of these promos.

I am booking a balcony + an inside stateroom on the Escape for back-to-back sailings late May/early June 2016. My TA has put the rooms I wanted on hold waiting for me to pay the deposit. I haven't paid it yet and may not if holding out until June will net us the better promo.

The unlimited beverage package would be a great value to us. Will the UBP be for inside staterooms, too? The reason I ask is because for the sake of booking we have my husband + 18 yro in the inside room with me + 20 yro in the balcony room. I want to make sure we can get the UBP for both the husand and me. Once we get onboard (or at check-in, whenever they can do it) we'll swap my husband into the balcony with me and my 20 yro into the inside room with his brother.

Thanks for helping the noob!

:cool:

We're in a similar situation with Hubby and sons booked on the balcony, and myself and daughter booked directly across from us in an inside. Our plan is to shuffle around once on board as well. I really hope it is for both cabin types.

We've already paid out deposit, but it may be worth cancelling and rebooking if the overall price of the cabin hasn't increased with this promo.

Will the UBP be for inside staterooms, too?
No, only for Oceanview and above. The formatting in the OP is not easy to decipher, but if you search around TA websites, you can find the same details on-line.

Insides and studios choose one of the following:

• soda package
  • $50 dining credit
  • 100 minutes Internet package
  • $50/port excursion credit

Oceanview, Balcony, and Mini-suite staterooms choose one of the following:

• UBP
  • UDP
  • 250 minutes Internet package
  • $75/port excursion credit

Suites and Haven get all 4 of the perks in this second list.

No, only for Oceanview and above. The formatting in the OP is not easy to decipher, but if you search around TA websites, you can find the same details on-line.

• soda package
  • $50 dining credit

• UBP
  • UDP

Can you tell me which website you found this on? We booked last week and are wanting to change to this promo.

Thanks, ;) - appreciate the "release" as sometimes leaking out embargo info is a "no no" & can get one into trouble. I knew that but just made my disclaimer ... so folks aren't always friendly and some are known to come along & knock the details, questioned the source and motives, etc.

Technically this info can be used by travel partners as soon as it is shared and is not considered a leak;) Your TA should provide you with the latest offers and policy changes asap. Here's a copy of the e-mail and take note that the 18% Gratuity/Service Charge is only on new bookings.

Attached are our new offers; both tactical offers along with our June/July offer.

Please note that during our June/July promotion, guests will be charged an 18% Gratuity/Service Charge in advance on the invoice on their reservation for any of the following selected promotional packages: Ultimate Dining Package, Ultimate Beverage Package, and Soda Package.

All existing reservations with CHOICE Promotional UDP, UBP, or Soda Package will not be charged the 18% Gratuity/Service Charge, only new reservations as of June 01, 2015 for the June/July CHOICE promotion will be charged.

Agency Owners/Managers if you have a marketing idea or some way we can get the word out to your clients on this sale please email me back ASAP.

Good $elling!

Regards,

Kathy Hall | Senior Business Development Manager

Edited by stevejco

Terms and Conditions:

Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify.

Surely shome mishtake?

A single, pays for another person in effect, but only gets one UBP or UDP.

Surely it should be at the prevailing single fare?

Technically this info can be used by travel partners as soon as it is shared and is not considered a leak;) Your TA should provide you with the latest offers and policy changes asap. Here's a copy of the e-mail and take note that the 18% Gratuity/Service Charge is only on new bookings.

Attached are our new offers; both tactical offers along with our June/July offer.

Please note that during our June/July promotion, guests will be charged an 18% Gratuity/Service Charge in advance on the invoice on their reservation for any of the following selected promotional packages: Ultimate Dining Package, Ultimate Beverage Package, and Soda Package.

All existing reservations with CHOICE Promotional UDP, UBP, or Soda Package will not be charged the 18% Gratuity/Service Charge, only new reservations as of June 01, 2015 for the June/July CHOICE promotion will be charged.

Agency Owners/Managers if you have a marketing idea or some way we can get the word out to your clients on this sale please email me back ASAP.

Good $elling!

Regards,

Kathy Hall | Senior Business Development Manager

Thanks for the replies Kathy, we are booking for the first time with NCL and sailing in July for a family of 6 in 2 cabins. We are also taking a leap of faith and booked a girls only trip for September with NCL.

We are also already booked with RCCL in Feb 2016 and are looking to book next summer family trip as well. Now I'm trying to decide if we go with what we know and do the RCCL for next summer or if we stick with the leap of faith and book NCL for next summer. It was a hard choice to leave the megaships from RCCL for this summer but we got the UBP and some other perks so we couldnt pass up the deal and cancelled RCCL to go with NCL.

I've heard we can get personal travel consultant types with NCL but dont know how to use that service. I also heard that NCL may call or email closer to our cruise to offer upsells. We are interested in that as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I can also be reached at email suzyrn89@yahoo.com

• soda package
  • $50 dining credit

• UBP
  • UDP

thx for the easier read!

in the OP, it said:

"Up to $1,600 in value per balcony stateroom (based on 7 itinerary) "

How do you get $1600 worth of promos from booking a balcony?

thx for the easier read!

in the OP, it said:

"Up to $1,600 in value per balcony stateroom (based on 7 itinerary) "

How do you get $1600 worth of promos from booking a balcony?

That includes the savings if one were to also be using the KSF promotion in combination with a selected perk.

• soda package
  • $50 dining credit

• UBP
  • UDP

Thank you SO much for clarifying. Still a better value to hold off and wait. Wish they'd let us book our 20 yro & 18 yro in their inside stateroom. Eeeek!

Thank you SO much for clarifying. Still a better value to hold off and wait. Wish they'd let us book our 20 yro & 18 yro in their inside stateroom.

They might, actually, if the staterooms are close to each other. They will have to temporarily falsify the date of birth of one of your kids to make the computer accept the booking (i.e. trick the computer into thinking that there is someone over 21 in the cabin). Call NCL and ask about this.

They might, actually, if the staterooms are close to each other. They will have to temporarily falsify the date of birth of one of your kids to make the computer accept the booking (i.e. trick the computer into thinking that there is someone over 21 in the cabin). Call NCL and ask about this.

The rooms are directly across from each other. We've not sailed NCL before so I think we may be able to wing it. Like with Disney Cruise Line I wouldn't be able to fudge anything because they have all our info & passports on-file. :)

-

As for the special NextCruise Norwegian (Reward) program with the extra promos, it seemed to be offered on select ships (BA & GA as a pilot test again ?? ) only, and, apparently not on the GEM or the Dawn at the moment -

Can you explain this further? I have been away and I am at a total loss about what you are referring to.

Thanks

Rochelle

Can you explain this further? I have been away and I am at a total loss about what you are referring to.

Thanks

Rochelle - whew, you missed this month's virtual fireworks, LOL.

It is, apparently, being offered on the Breakaway & Getaway on this month's sailing only - our niece/friends threw their Dailies away but SliceOfLife did a full upload of their week's sailing - it's called Next Cruise Norwegian, so it's slightly different than the FCR that most of us know. Post link is here -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2210737&highlight=breakaway (see #3 and #16, etc.)

Same deals on the GA - I can't find those links/posts at the moment. Terms & conditions are "slightly" different, only allowed one change after booking/deposit, etc. but throwing in extras if one book on the ship with PCC onboard (apparently, at least 2 of them sailing with the GA and with the BA, to capture the hot leads & followup)

For someone booking Haven/Suite - it is sweet on the perks, with 2 of these NCN purchased ($500 face value & using one to book/deposit - they give you $250 OBC instead of the usual $200, but only if 2 or more are purchased) However, the deposit requirement are higher for Haven/Suite, if I'm not mistaken so the customers end up spending more & committed to the next sailing on NCL - one can say it's a win-win & cheers for getting extras - for a limited time offer (vs. June/July's leaked offer ...) And, higher categories still have the choice of prepaid gratuities as an option on the promo.

AFAIK, it is not being offered, at the moment, with the GEM or the Dawn, both sailing out of the northeast U.S. however, based on live updates & questions I posed for those on this/last week's sailing.

Not something of interest to us and we still have existing FCR with us - but, perhaps a new thread can be started for discussion & info sharing purposes. I also have the 2 PDF's put away & can upload if needed.

As always, disclaimers applied - refer to NCL ... :D

Edited by mking8288

mking828,

Am I getting this right? there are 2 offers?

here's the .pdfs from your link:

A) NCL memo about new Nextcruise program:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=349674&d=1431973684

basically,

- while on board a ship, book another cruise (pay $250 deposit).

- Get $100 obc for the current cruise

- for the future cruise, get one of these promos (instead of whatever promo that is being currently offered on NCL.com for booking new cruises):

FREE Beverage Package

FREE Dining Package

FREE Gratuities

FREE Onboard Credit up to s300

B) Special deal for the old Cruise Rewards program:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=349729&d=1431990877

normally, it's pay $250 towards a future cruise and get $100 obc for current cruise.

You have 4 years to book.

Right now for a limited time, if you buy 2 or more future cruise certificates, the obc for the current cruise increases to $125 x # of future cruises booked.

ie: 2 future cruise certificate = $250 obc for current cruise

Edited by fstuff1

We have some friends still on the fence about joining us for our Feb. 2016 Getaway cruise. We booked in March. Our friends would likely be three adults sharing one OV or Balcony. I know the UBP promo only covers 2 guests pure cabin and the third is eligible for the soda... However all three would want the UBP. Would the third guest just have to pay the difference between the soda package and the UBP or would they pay full price to upgrade to the UBP?

I am currently booked on the Escape for 2016 with the UBP primo. There are three adults and one child in the room. All of the adults want the UBP. I asked if the 3rd adult could upgrade from the soda package to the UBP and they advised no. You have to pay the full price of the UBP. I spoke to two different reps and they both gave me the same answer.