What items are available in cabins?

You have a "mail box" outside your cabin door; your names are also posted outside your door.

They put your name on your mailbox? Not sure I like that. That cannot be safe esp. for women travelling alone.....

On my trip on the Coral I had brought a hanging door organizer but the way the top of the bathroom door was I was not able to "hang" it from the top. I ended up hanging it in our closet since we had space. Any other suggestions on how might be able to accomplish it over the bathroom door?

A small safe.

An "honor bar" in the fridge, some sodas and bottles of water...if they are in the way - put them behind the TV or in a cupboard (just let the steward know where they are).

No top sheet on the bed...bottom sheet and comforter only. If you want a top sheet, tell your steward the first time you see him.

Metal walls, bring magnets to hang papers on the wall, if desired. I hang our daily calendar, excursion tickets, notes.

Along with the shampoo/conditioner and soap - a tube of lotion. DH loves it.

Not enough electrical outlets, bring some kind of extender, so you can plug more electronics in for charging.

It is perfectly OK to tell your steward to get rid of the minibar items. Don't do it if you're Elite, though!

I bring my own alarm clock, not for the alarm necessarily but because it has big numbers and my eyes are older than they used to be. Easier to see the time than on a watch

Edited by Wehwalt

It is perfectly OK to tell your steward to get rid of the minibar items. Don't do it if you're Elite, though!

I bring my own alarm clock, not for the alarm necessarily but because it has big numbers and my eyes are older than they used to be. Easier to see the time than on a watch

Please don't ask the steward to do Room Service's job. They are already over worked. Just tuck them behind the television.

And how do I get rid of my signature when I am using a mobile device????

Please don't ask the steward to do Room Service's job. They are already over worked. Just tuck them behind the television.

And how do I get rid of my signature when I am using a mobile device????

The steward will arrange with room service to have them removed. Asking the steward simply makes sure he is in the loop that you don't want any more.

They put your name on your mailbox? Not sure I like that. That cannot be safe esp. for women travelling alone.....

I've seen a few people posting this comment but I never understood the fear of someone knowing your name? :confused:

I don't get it either! I've been traveling alone on cruises since 1982. My first Princess cruise in 1986, there were boards in the lobby with passenger names, country. It was fun to see.

What can someone do with just your name? I cannot go down the worry or what ifs road, life is too short. I've traveled worldwide, hotels have your name and credit card number, plus I'm alone in a room. I guess I'm missing the reason for concern.

Edited by susancruzs

Don't you have fridges in your hotel/motel rooms in the US - where does the mini bar go and where do you keep your milk for your tea or coffee in your room? Interested as I plan a trip over there sometime.

Some hotels have a fridge, some do not. When you make your reservation either ask the rep or read the online description.

We have stayed in very nice hotels with or without. And "fleabags" with or without. It just depends on the particular hotel.

I don't get it either! I've been traveling alone on cruises since 1982. My first Princess cruise in 1986, there were boards in the lobby with passenger names, country. It was fun to see.

What can someone do with just your name? I cannot go down the worry or what ifs road, life is too short. I've traveled worldwide, hotels have your name and credit card number, plus I'm alone in a room. I guess I'm missing the reason for concern.

Just thinking it shows that I am travelling alone--I don't necessarily think that information should be shared with anyone walking past my cabin. I've not seen that on any other cruise line I've sailed. Just seems odd to me.

[quote name='jilly08']Just thinking it shows that I am travelling alone--I don't necessarily think that information should be shared with anyone walking past my cabin. I've not seen that on any other cruise line I've sailed. Just seems odd to me.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's easy enough to remove, and they won't replace it.