Very Sad, Allure Viking Crown Changes

[quote name='icsys']At the end of the day the ships belong to RCI so they can, and will, do whatever they like to them.[/QUOTE]

Well yes and no. They actually have to listen to their shareholders (which I do have to question how often they do) because the sole purpose of a business which sells shares is to make money for shareholders. Loyal customers and suite guests really are the last of their worries.

[quote name='tapemann']RCCL is making all the changes to MAKE more Profit! You can always charge to other Cruise Lines. RCCL really doesn't care about past Cruises. They want the New ones to spend more money. Dynamic Dinning was tried to cut down on Labor cost and turn the Tables 3 times rather that twice a night. Too many people spoke up so the changed things back. They will try again.[/QUOTE]

I do have to question how much more profit they make from a complimentary restaurant and a bar that most people will use for their free drinks in the evening

[quote name='ocav']I do have to question how much more profit they make from a complimentary restaurant and a bar that most people will use for their free drinks in the evening[/QUOTE]

They must make money (fares and continued bookings) or else they wouldn't do it. Edited by MicCanberra

[quote name='ocav']Well yes and no. They actually have to listen to their shareholders (which I do have to question how often they do) because the sole purpose of a business which sells shares is to make money for shareholders. Loyal customers and suite guests really are the last of their worries.[/QUOTE]

Shareholders come and go. Shareholders buy to make a profit and when they feel they have made a good enough profit, they sell. Royal shareholders have been making money with he decisions corporate has been making (or some could say -- inspite of some decisions -- because the WOW factor of the new ships sells them or perhaps the curiosity of the new ships sells them).

I believe corporations pay less attention to what shareholders say/want than what many people think....bean counters make most of the decisions, and too often in my 30+ years in business, when you make a decision solely because you count beans at some point that comes back to bite you in the caboose.

We also used the VCL daily. We love cruising but my husband has had multiple melanomas and as a result has to stay out of the sun. I've spoken with quite a few passengers with the same issue. The VCL is one of the most important things that drew us to RCCL. Sad.........

Yes, but you get the benefit of many days of cruising. It is simple economics.

Pay less per cruise times many cruises, you get some loyalty benefits plus many days cruising.

Pay more per cruise (for suites), you get more benefits but less days cruising.

I do not see where one or the other is unfair, it is a choice.

As a side note, I was shocked at how under used the vcl was on oasis and allure the last couple of trips. (Pre-refurb). Not surprised they saw it as an opportunity to repurpose.

Bobj

I agree. As a "lowly" emerald status, I read how many loyal cruisers feel that the benefits of their loyalty are/were being stripped away. Royal seems to have heard their complaints and is acting upon just that.

These grand new ships are indeed bringing in new cruisers, however, keeping loyal paxs loyal is much needed in any cruise line. I say good for them:D I'll find a new spot.

I agree. I will probably never afford to go in CK, but that big girl has plenty of other spaces. I'm not going to obsess and complain over it. I will have to carry my party elsewhere.

I did love the VcL , but every time I went in it was dead and apparently that was the case more often than not.

I was wondering if that bothered Pinnacle guests to share "their" lounge with folks who shelled out enough to do a (possibly) once in a lifetime suite cruise. It all evens out I guess. If you have enough money to do the suite, I guess you get to party with the elite.

Elite? I am thinking you are being factious. One of my many loves of cruising is meeting those well traveled as well as the excitement of those that are new to it. I can't imagine I'm different than most.

While our cruising history is limited in comparison to to others, our land vacations are extensive. I doubt many feel and act as you suggest. A few snarky comments on a message board does not reflect how people interact face to face on an exciting vacation. Food for thought :rolleyes:

This Pinnacle couple does not mind sharing a space with other (pleasant) cruisers whether they are suite guests, inside cabin guests, seasoned cruisers, new cruisers, etc.
thank you for your always respectful, and to the point replies. Will be sailing Grandeur august 21st this year and if I happen to run into you folks in the CL or any other RCL ship I will be sure to say hello....K.O....:)