Best way to get to New York Cruise Terminal from Maine

crbinromeme

Depending on where you live in Maine, you might want to consider the express luxury bus service from Portsmouth, NH operated by C&J Trailways. You have to purchase tickets in advance and you get reserved seats, free movies, beverages, and snacks .fron Portsmouth to Penn station in 5 hours. I have done this twice now and it is a stress free and relatively inexpensive alternative. The terminal in Portsmoth is right off the highway and offers free and secure parking.

The OP must be lost in the woods. Posted 2 days ago and hasn't even been back:(

Stuck on a slow train. I took the Downeaster from Exeter NH to Boston and back the same day. Both trains were delayed by nearly 2 hours, and the trip is only 2 hours each way!

Don't forget C&J bus from Portsmouth NH that goes right into NY City. Free parking at the bus station.

http://www.ridecj.com

EXCELLENT suggestion - probably the most sane idea. This is the only express bus to NYC directly from NH or ME. You would be able to make it to the pier same day, but with a 5 or 6 hour bus trip, you might want to arrive at least a day early.

Based on the feedback her, my TC and I have changed our arrangements for our cruise next month. We're taking Amtrak from Boston to NYC overnight. We'll get into NYC at about 2-2:30 AM and we'll find a cheap hotel to crash in for a few hours before we head to the pier.

• 2 months later...

Options we are thinking about:

1.) Drive from Maine to New Haven or Stamford, CT and take train into the city and taxi to cruise terminal About $20/day parking and at least 3.5 hours of driving and a taxi and $65 train.

2.) C&J bus for $360 round trip and need a taxi once in NYC to get to cruise terminal.

3.) Drive from Maine to Boston and use NCL's bus service for $300 plus parking...and get dropped of at NYC cruise terminal.

I'm leaning towards #2 since it's much less driving, free parking or #1 to take driving in my own hands until getting to the CT/NY train line then public trans from there....

Thoughts????

Depends upon time of day and traffic. Best we ever did was $6 and worst was about $12, plus tip.

And I ended up in a gridlock, stopped traffic from Port Authority and the fare was OVER $20.

You can NOT count on the "ideal" fares, which aren't common.