What Hotel in Seattle?

cruzcactus

Can anyone recommend a Nice,Reasonable Priced Hotel? My Mom is handicap, so we need a handicap room. Under $175 if possible. Any ideas???????? And we need to be near Pier 91. So many to choose from, but so many way to high price.

Can anyone recommend a Nice,Reasonable Priced Hotel? My Mom is handicap, so we need a handicap room. Under $175 if possible. Any ideas???????? And we need to be near Pier 91. So many to choose from, but so many way to high price.

Try the Silver Cloud Lake Union.

Fantastic breakfast buffet, free shuttle downtown

and to the pier (not the airport)

Beautiful views. About 5 miles from the pier.

Internet rate usually around $179

http://www.silvercloud.com/seattlelakeunion/

Pier 91 isn't near any hotels. Lots of transportation options, so you may want to stay the night by the airport, where you'll have lots of choices that should mostly be less expensive than downtown.

Pier 91 isn't near any hotels. Lots of transportation options, so you may want to stay the night by the airport, where you'll have lots of choices that should mostly be less expensive than downtown.

Please noooo......

Enjoy Seattle! Stay downtown. Smell the water, see the sites. The airport is just another airport and who knows when you might be back?

Boohoo, there are lots of reasonable places other then downtown with great views and free shuttles. :)

I have stayed at the Marriott, the Westin, the W (twice), the Sheraton. I would recommend any of these except the W. Our first time was wonderful and the next time, not so much.

One thing to watch for (in any large city) is being "walked". If you get in past a certain point, and all rooms are occupied, even if you paid for your room in advance, you can be "walked" to a comparable hotel. This means you will have to schlep all of your goods to another location. We really thought my in-laws were going to be walked from the W last summer when they still did not have a room at 7 pm. The front desk staff were not terribly polite about it either.

We just stayed at the Roosevelt downtown about two weeks ago. No free shuttle, but it was about $17 cab ride (without tip). No breakfast either, but you are right across the street from a very upscale-store mall (Pacific Place or something like that). I believe it was right around $179. We couldn't find anything else even close to that price downtown. They upgraded us to a corner "suite" that was very nice. Good luck in your search.

For the most part, downtown Seattle hotels are not "inexpensive" during the summer, but I agree that it's worth spending a little bit more to spend some time enjoying this beautiful city. My personal favorite is the Mayflower Park, which is adjacent to Westlake Center and the monorail, across the street from Macy's, and just blocks from Pikes Market. The Silver Cloud on Lake Union, suggested earlier, is a nice option. Not downtown but not far away, and a little less expensive. Also some good restaurants in the area.

Last year in September, we stayed here:

Travelodge Seattle By The Space Needle

200 6th Avenue North

Seattle , WA 98109

Tel. +1 (206) 4417878

It's not fancy, but the people were nice and it was clean. We paid $135.00, plus taxes. I think the total was around $160.00. We were able to walk to the the Space Needle and the Monorail.

Thank you All for advice. And Peety3, your absolutely correct, staying by the airport is cheaper. We are arriving late, after 9pm and the airport area would be better for us to stay at, and really there is no time for sightseeing in Seattle, we are there to cruise Alaska. Now on my mission to make the final reservation.

If you stay by the airport, the Seattle Express picks up from the airport Doubletree and 2 other hotels and takes you to the port for $12.00 per person. I don't have their number anymore but you could probably Google them. Or call the hotel and ask. I originally learned about them from the Doubletree. They also pick up at disembarkation and take you to the airport. It is a shared shuttle.