Can EZ Check and Princess shore excursion be combined?

JudithLynne

I am the OP.

We just completed an Alaska cruise with Princess last weekend and used EZ Check with Alaska airline. The cut off time was 11 AM flights. It went very smoothly. As our flight was not until 5PM so we did a shore excursion through Princess with airport drop off at 1PM.

I do not know what you are thinking with hotel/pool or aquarium. With your flight time, you will need to get to SeaTac as soon as you exit the ship. Because of multiple cruise ships in port, I can tell you that the lines going thru SeaTac security are VERY long and you will need to allow time for that. Your flight can start boarding as early as 11:20 AM. The trip to SeaTac will take at least 30 mins. You must use EZ check on the day of disembarkation.

Do not go to the Passenger Service Desk to try to jump the system and get on the list early. We received our form on the third day of the cruise. Although the PSD will copy your flight plan, you can help the by taking a copy of your flights to them with your completed form. I print an extra one before I board the ship with both our names and cabin number visible. They always like that. We received our luggage tags and boarding passes at 6:30 PM the evening before disembarkation.

We have used EZ check on many times on both Princess and other cruise lines, it has always gone smoothly.

I just got off the phone with Princess trying to verify some aspects of the EZ Check program out of Seattle and was hoping you might have a copy of the forms you filled out. More specially I wanted to know which airlines participated in this program. The gal I spoke to said JETBLUE does NOT.. which makes me very sad. :( I might have to rethink who I will fly with. We used this program out of Ft Lauderdale last year and it's fantastic. What a pleasure not to have to struggle with luggage going back to the airport. Waiting til I get on the ship to see the list of participating airlines will do me no good after the fact. So if anyone has flown Jetblue out of Seatac after a Princess cruise.. was this service offered? Is it dependent on where you are going, or just a matter of whether the airline participated?

Edited by cruisingram1

I used Ez Check out of Seattle in July with Alaska Airlines. My understanding is it depends if the port and the airline participate. I was told by a Princess agent that not all ports have this service and not all airlines participate. I believe SW Airlines does not participate. The form we completed on the ship did not list which airlines do or do not participate. I was required to list our flight info PLUS provide a printed copy of each person's return flight online confirmation - make sure to print out with each person's name before you leave home. It was great to use. Around 6-7 PM the night before disembarkation we received our boarding passes plus the airline's luggage tag for each of our suitcases. We carried small day bags that had our PJs from the night before and toiletries. We next saw our suitcases at luggage claim at home airport. BUT we did not know if we were going to get EZ Check until the night before disembarkation. I didn't like that aspect. I asked if we were guaranteed Ez Check and was told no, we'd find out the night before.

I used Ez Check out of Seattle in July with Alaska Airlines. My understanding is it depends if the port and the airline participate. I was told by a Princess agent that not all ports have this service and not all airlines participate. I believe SW Airlines does not participate. The form we completed on the ship did not list which airlines do or do not participate.

The form they use in Fort Lauderdale lists every airline that participates. That way passengers know whether or not their airline participates.

I am surprised that the Seattle form does not do the same. That would mean a lot more work for Princess as they may get many forms turned in from passengers whose airlines are not included.

It would have been nice if the EZ Check form listed the airlines. As it was, I found it difficult on the Ruby Princess to find someone on staff who was knowledgeable about the process - that was disappointing. I really would have rested easier if I would have been told, yes, you definitely have EZ Check. All I could get out of anyone one was you'll find out the night before! Its a great service that I'd like to use any time I qualify. I looked online at Princess website and there are no detailed particulars there either. Only reason I had a printed copy of our return reservation for everyone in the family is I read a post here that it was required.

It would have been nice if the EZ Check form listed the airlines. As it was, I found it difficult on the Ruby Princess to find someone on staff who was knowledgeable about the process - that was disappointing. I really would have rested easier if I would have been told, yes, you definitely have EZ Check. All I could get out of anyone one was you'll find out the night before! Its a great service that I'd like to use any time I qualify. I looked online at Princess website and there are no detailed particulars there either. Only reason I had a printed copy of our return reservation for everyone in the family is I read a post here that it was required.

Echoing what you have said, in 2014 I tried to find out if we could use this service on our cruise. First, I called Carnival, and was told to call Jet Blue, our airline. I called Jet Blue, and was told to call Carnival. (Same corporation, so I would guess you would get the same results from Princess.)

And then after we did on the cruise finally find out we could use it, I got misinformation from the cruise director. After his disembarkation talk, I asked him if EZ check included having our boarding pass included for us. He incorrectly said, "No.". I later saw him and gave him the correct information so that if anyone else in the future asked that question he could reply with the correct information

The form we received on the Crown in July (RT Seattle) listed all of the airlines that participated.

Also, I have never heard of anyone not being accepted. I know there's no guarantee but as long as there's nothing wrong with your reservation and you're not on a "no fly list" ;) you're pretty much assured of being accepted.

After being passed around to three customer service agents, I finally spoke to someone at Princess who was able to give me a list of airlines in Seattle that participate in EZCheck (programs official name, not to be confused with Luggage Valet which is different) They are American, Alaska, Delta, Air Tran, United and US Airways. I was really disappointed JetBlue did not participate at Seatac.. though apparently they do out of Ft Lauderdale. I really want to use EZCheck and will make my return flight using one of the carriers that are on the current list. I am guessing additional airlines might be added down the road, but flights are not easily changed to accommodate. If anyone can confirm the above, or add to the list, that would be great.

After being passed around to three customer service agents, I finally spoke to someone at Princess who was able to give me a list of airlines in Seattle that participate in EZCheck (programs official name, not to be confused with Luggage Valet which is different) They are American, Alaska, Delta, Air Tran, United and US Airways. I was really disappointed JetBlue did not participate at Seatac.. though apparently they do out of Ft Lauderdale. I really want to use EZCheck and will make my return flight using one of the carriers that are on the current list.

Even if the current list is accurate, it can change by the time you will be cruising.

I would not pay more to be on a different airline when it could be that airline might not be participating at cruise time.

Even if the current list is accurate, it can change by the time you will be cruising.

I would not pay more to be on a different airline when it could be that airline might not be participating at cruise time.

Very true. But right now JetBlue, which does not participate in EZ check, has a great fare TO Seattle from Long Beach. Return flight is the same as American. Probably will wait til final payment to book air, but if prices stay the same, we will go on JetBlue and return on American. Taking a chance American is still participating in May. Won't cost me any more. Just need to buy two one way tickets.