Do UK customers booked direct get upsell offers?

Flo71

As the title suggests I am in the UK and booked with Princess direct UK for 1st Aug British Isles sailing. I have read lots about US folks getting great upsell offers, do UK direct booked customers also get these offers? Not thrilled with my gty cabin assignment (thrilled with the price though ;)) and if given a really good would consider upgrading.

As the title suggests I am in the UK and booked with Princess direct UK for 1st Aug British Isles sailing. I have read lots about US folks getting great upsell offers, do UK direct booked customers also get these offers? Not thrilled with my gty cabin assignment (thrilled with the price though ;)) and if given a really good would consider upgrading.

Not sure if UK residents booking directly are given upsell offers or not. I thought it worth mentioning, however, that here in the US, if you are not happy with your gty assignment, you can call Princess and request being moved to another available cabin in the category you were assigned. This is provided there are still unassigned cabins in that category. Not sure if this is allowed in the UK as well, but you might look into it if you are truly unhappy with your cabin assignment.

We are on British Isles cruise on 26th June, guarantee cabin booked direct with Princess in UK at the beginning of May.

We haven't been assigned a cabin yet and no offer of upsell from them.

When was your cabin allocated? Our cruise is 5 weeks before yours.I keep checking cruise personalizer daily but I know it could be any time until we go but hope it's soon cause it's driving me mad!

Also got a great price for an obstructed balcony guarantee but might consider an upsell if it was offered.

Any upsell to UK clients booking direct will come from the Southampton office.

In addition to the Uk brands, P&O and Cunard, that office handles Uk sales for Princess and Seabourn. I have had an upsell offer from Seabourn through the Southampton office.

I have never been contacted with an upsell offer from Princess, perhaps because I always specify no upgrade of any kind, but given I have had an offer from the same office, albeit for Seabourn, I rather suspect that the answer to question is Yes, you may get an upsell offer.

We were booked on 9th May Caribbean Princess cruise out of Southampton and we received a "move over" offer two days before the cruise. So we are now re-booked on another cruise with an upgraded cabin, 100% refund, and yes, we book with Princess direct.

If I were you Flo, I should phone Carnival House and speak to Princess, pose the exact question to them and see what they say. Then ask if you need to subscribe to them for emails as they often send me emails. Doing this should alert them to your being interested at least and may precipitate some kind of response in due course.

Regards John

If I were you Flo, I should phone Carnival House and speak to Princess, pose the exact question to them and see what they say. Then ask if you need to subscribe to them for emails as they often send me emails. Doing this should alert them to your being interested at least and may precipitate some kind of response in due course.

Regards John

If you do that DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR NAME OR BOOKING REFERENCE.

You will never get an upsell if they know that you are looking for one.

Why?

Because your call will be recorded against your booking and the system will then know that you are interested in moving up. As a result, they will refrain from offering you any upsell in the hope that you will be one of those folks who hope they will get an upsell and when one doesn't arrive decide to bite the bullet and pay the full price.

Why?

Because your call will be recorded against your booking and the system will then know that you are interested in moving up. As a result, they will refrain from offering you any upsell in the hope that you will be one of those folks who hope they will get an upsell and when one doesn't arrive decide to bite the bullet and pay the full price.

Well. Actually for our last cruise I rang gave my name and booking reference and got an upsell to a suite. Perhaps it depends who you talk to

Keep an eye on cabin availability and prices.

After the flash sale UK prices went up a lot on the round uk cruises.

If your cabin allocation is not to your liking check and see if there is a cabin available in the same/lower to the grade allocated that is more to your liking.

Why?

Hmmmmm a catch 22. :cool:

Hmmmmm a catch 22. :cool:

It was ever thus!!

I guess the person who got an upgrade to a suite phoned at exactly the right moment, but, not that we will ever know, I'm prepared to bet they paid at least a little more than the upsell they were about to offer to someone else simply because they have revenue maximising down to a fine art and the system would know there was less need to tempt a client who is looking for an upgrade than one they need to 'persuade' to take an upsell.

It was ever thus!!

I guess the person who got an upgrade to a suite phoned at exactly the right moment, but, not that we will ever know, I'm prepared to bet they paid at least a little more than the upsell they were about to offer to someone else simply because they have revenue maximising down to a fine art and the system would know there was less need to tempt a client who is looking for an upgrade than one they need to 'persuade' to take an upsell.

Actually it was £100 for the both of us.

Actually it was £100 for the both of us.

Well done indeed, though I still think you were fortunate to have called at exactly the right moment. The simple fact is that they rarely give upsells to folks who go looking for them because if folks believe that they can request upsells then it undermines full fare sales.

You certainly got a better deal than the one I was offered by Seabourn which was £750 each for an upsell to a higher grade of suite. I turned mine down. I'm sure you didn't turn your's down. Whatever I think we can agree that UK direct clients can get upsells.