X lie to customers about the overnights

MarkusToe

Here's a revelation for you.

Itinerary and ports can CHANGE at anytime for whatever reason Celebrity chooses to use.

It's in your cruise contract.

If losing one port (not even losing an overnight - just a matter of hours!) on a 10+ day cruise is THAT important to you, then perhaps a land-based vacation going to the ports YOU select would be more suitable.

You'll have complete control of your vacation and you can go wherever you like, whenever you like.

I didn't find anything in the cruise contract stating that I couldn't complain about it, or did I miss that.

Not like the current actions by Celebrity where they have made a changes to a number of cruises, a change in scheduling practice, not forced by any events such as maintenance, safety, weather, port congestion, etc.

43 cruises affected out of how many hundreds a year...?

In any case, not I nor anyone else has yet to show where anyone has had a successful lawsuit regarding such matters. People claimed they were suing over the beverage package changed last year too, but nothing came of that, though X did remodify the offerings, but only after tens of thousands of people cruised.

43 cruises affected out of how many hundreds a year...?

In any case, not I nor anyone else has yet to show where anyone has had a successful lawsuit regarding such matters. People claimed they were suing over the beverage package changed last year too, but nothing came of that, though X did remodify the offerings, but only after tens of thousands of people cruised.

Of course the passengers impacted are not taking thousands of cruises, most likely only one.

Since it is such a small percentage Celebrity should allow those that want to, to cancel without penalty.

It is still a unique case where the changes were made, to multiple cruises and routes, not because of any outside reason, but because they wanted to offer over nights. Interesting to see how a regulatory authority would respond to that.

Again Celebrity can make such changes, but they should, as 1992 PTR says, notify the customers and allow them to either accept the change or cancel without penalty. After all the changes were not made because of any constraint on the cruise line.

The ironic thing is that I suspect that most would accept the change, however, grudgingly, because they would have made other investments in the trip (economic or psychological). That is why the failure to offer the option will cost them more in the long term, then giving people the option would have.

Edited by RDC1

This dog can't point out a covey of Quail that sat down in front of it.

Just as an arm chair Quarterback can't help the out come of a game.

Right or wrong, depending on which side of the Rabbit proof fence you sit on, the legal team at RCCL/ Celebrity has their 'bases' covered. We can post all we want about this trade Act, or that advertising fou-paw. Cancel and take your vacation else where, or stay and make the best of the changes.

There is no legal system anywhere that will waste the shortage of their tax payers funds to take it to Lady Justice.

Now back to the game, that pitch was inside Ump! Are you blind?:D

There is no legal system anywhere that will waste the shortage of their tax payers funds to take it to Lady Justice.

ROTFL....I've seen nothing locally or nationally in the US that would indicate anyone in the legal or government sector is focused on saving Taxpayer funds.

The cruise line contract in Europe says that they may change itineraries without compensation, unless it is a major change, which they define as more than 2 changes of port. The same contract also spells out cancellation policy and any ramification to any deposits paid.

This still leave grey areas. What if they change two ports, three times as they did with one of our TAs for which only the start and end port remained unchanged?

This still leave grey areas. What if they change two ports, three times as they did with one of our TAs for which only the start and end port remained unchanged?

That's not a grey area based on the wording in the contract - it states clearly for UK bookers that compensation is due only if 3 or more ports are changed (it defines Major and Minor changes, calling Major changes "more than 2 changes of port").

From what you describe, I'd assume you had say 4 planned ports.

Embark, A, B C, D ports, Disembark.

I gather you made it to Embark, A, B and Disembark, and that you had C and D swap out a couple times - meaning only 2 ports from the itinerary you booked into changed, that may have changed multiple times, but end of the day, you only missed 2 of your originally booked ports.

Now if you had C, D AND B or A swap out all multiple times, then you would have grounds for a claim and should have filed one with the authority or cruise line.

I recently read about a service called Airhelp that handles such claims on ones behalf relative to Airlines. Too bad there isn't a large enough population in cruising to have a service like this work for cruisers.

I am one of the cruisers affected by celebrity with these changes, and they are dropping one of the two ports that we have not had the chance to enjoy yet.

However, during the time I will be leaving home to get to Miami there is a very good chance that I will be leaving deep snow banks and the possibility of bad weather.

So, even with the changes, I plan on having a good time,,, lots of heat, warm sand, new friends and some stress free drinks (not even close to the stress induced ones).

It also gives me a couple of ports to plan for in the future.

( I know lots of people that would love to have the opportunity to have the same complaints that some have here, but will never have the chance or be able to afford the opportunity)

From what you describe, I'd assume you had say 4 planned ports.

Embark, A, B C, D ports, Disembark.

I gather you made it to Embark, A, B and Disembark, and that you had C and D swap out a couple times - meaning only 2 ports from the itinerary you booked into changed, that may have changed multiple times, but end of the day, you only missed 2 of your originally booked ports.

Now if you had C, D AND B or A swap out all multiple times, then you would have grounds for a claim and should have filed one with the authority or cruise line.

No, the cruise we booked was Embark, A, B, C, D, E, Disembark.

The cruise we actually went on was Embark, F, G, H, I, J, Disembark.

I didn't find anything in the cruise contract stating that I couldn't complain about it, or did I miss that.

I think you are right. Secondly, sometimes based on consumer input, companies do modify their responses and even change their contracts on rare occasions.

I do find it hard to accept that we book a cruise agreeing to clearly terms favorable to cruise line and then when they utilize a provision, we get upset. They would NOT invoke any of these provisions IF they had long term negative effect on their bottom line.

I interacted with a bank once that was acquiring other banks and they had an algorithm of 'how many customers would move their accounts after the merger/purchase'. First of all that was an interesting thought and secondly it was a LOW number. So, they just made their offer price based on that metric along with some others.

We all bark pretty loud, but few bite (act on their principles) AND yes acting on our principles does cost us $$$ at times!

Edited by shipshape sam