Pros & Cons of Caribbean Princess

mellon1

I have been on older ships and have had some pretty bad smells in a cabin. I talk to the steward about it and if that doesn't work I go to the passenger services desk. They will come and do a thorough clean to even wash the carpets and curtains. We once had a cabin that smelled like dirty feet and old gym socks. By the time they finished cleaning it the odor was gone for the whole cruise. Staff is constantly cleaning and I have seen little or no mold. Rust, yes, but no mold.

Just got off yesterday after 14 day med cruise.

Toilets still blocking, got regular messages about the 'sensitive' toilet system, occasional sewage smells, which seemed to coincide withe the toilet announcements.

Inside spaces were crowded when weather colder,and open decks and pools very crowded when warm and sunny.

Internet very poor - wifi almost non- existent, and log off problems were experienced by several. The phone app gave up after two days.

Painting and varnishing going on throughout - very little sign of rust and got less throughout. Carpets were a little tired though, probably just need a very good shampooing.

food excellent, though quite a scrum to get food at peak times.

Crew were very friendly and helpful, been quite a few changes over the last couple of weeks, think there were crew changes in most ports.

theatre still very hot and stuffy.

[quote name='swm5495678']Yes, it was behind the tile wall and around the tub.

No they did not address it while we were onboard.

The same place had mildew/mold on the Island Princess and then even after the hotel manager saw it still nothing was done.[/quote]

There was mold between the back-splash and wall behind the sink in my Caribbean Princess cabin this summer. When I pointed it out to the cabin steward, he said that he would have it taken care of on the next turn-around day. Maybe it's the type of repair that needs a day to do because the caulk has to be pulled, the area cleaned, and then re-caulked.

Mold is an indication of lack of attention to detail on the part of the maintenance staff. It needs to be taken care of, though, because it can cause a great deal of damage to the wall. Edited by Mackenzie1