Complimentary Royal Refreshment Pkg??

I have called twice this morning and been told both times that you have to sail BEFORE Aug 31st to get this deal. How are you all getting this pkg when you cruise after Aug 31st?

I realize it is the Refreshment and not the Replenish, but they are still telling me (including resolutions) that the cruise has to be before Aug 31st to get this deal.

I booked on June 15th before they "realized" that they had completely messed up the whole thing.

They are (sort of) honoring the deal for those of us that booked it on the 15th, but in the meantime there still seems to be a lot of confusion.

I say sort of in regards to honoring the deal because it now consists of:

A complimentary Refresh package (not in writing though, just trust us we will give it to you when the time comes)

A complimentary Bottle of Champagne (not in writing though, just trust us we will still have some on board even though the promotion is supposed to end 8/31 and you sail in November)

An OBC sufficient to upgrade an ADULT Refresh package to a Replenish package (just trust us even though you want the Refresh/Replenish for a Child we will get it right and credit your the Adult refresh price so that it works out)

There's a whole lot of trust involved in this as you can see ... I will believe it when I see it :)

Well all of this is typical of Royal's marketing. I'm booked on Anthem for April 30, 2016. When I go to book, the following shows up on that EXACT sailing

Leaving From:

Cape Liberty, New Jersey

Cruise:

5 Night Bermuda Cruise

Travel Dates:

Sat 30 Apr - Thu 5 May 2016

Total Guests:

Ship:

Anthem Of The Seas

FREE BALCONY UPGRADE + 50% REDUCED DEPOSIT

So naturally I called asking for my free upgrade and reduced deposit. I was told...sorry it doesn't apply to your sailing. Only good on sailings up until April something-or-other, but not April 30. Huh? It's right there on the website when I go to book the cruise for the sail date of April 30. How does that make any sense??? :confused:

Talked to a Peter in the pre-cruise planning department. Said it was refreshment and I said it should be replenish. He looked at when I booked and says he made notes internally on the reservation to reflect that I should be getting replenish. We sail Friday. Should be interesting to see how this plays out

If I buy the ultimate and get the refreshment for free once on board am I allowed to upgrade the refreshment to replenish?

I believe the last version of the terms indicated no upgrading would be allowed.

Talked to a Peter in the pre-cruise planning department. Said it was refreshment and I said it should be replenish. He looked at when I booked and says he made notes internally on the reservation to reflect that I should be getting replenish. We sail Friday. Should be interesting to see how this plays out

Just go straight to Guest Services as soon as you board and take what information you have (be sure and print out any communication you have with your TA or RCCL on this issue) and they should honor the Replenish. I just got back yesterday from Navigator and did the same thing and my complimentary Replenish was honored. The way they did it was to add a line for $125 OBC and $25 OBC on the person's sea pass card who is getting the complimentary Replenish package. I saw it on the Royal TV menu when I looked at our accounts the morning after we boarded.

If I buy the ultimate and get the refreshment for free once on board am I allowed to upgrade the refreshment to replenish?

According to Guest Services on Navigator of the Seas, you are not allowed to upgrade the complimentary package whether you get the complimentary Replenish or the Refreshment.

Just go straight to Guest Services as soon as you board and take what information you have (be sure and print out any communication you have with your TA or RCCL on this issue) and they should honor the Replenish. I just got back yesterday from Navigator and did the same thing and my complimentary Replenish was honored. The way they did it was to add a line for $125 OBC and $25 OBC on the person's sea pass card who is getting the complimentary Replenish package. I saw it on the Royal TV menu when I looked at our accounts the morning after we boarded.

According to Guest Services on Navigator of the Seas' date=' you are not allowed to upgrade the complimentary package whether you get the complimentary Replenish or the Refreshment.[/quote']

This makes it even more confusing. I got $100 OBC and $5 OBC which they are telling me is the difference between the refresh and replenish so I can upgrade my free refresh to replenish. Now you are saying you got more and I can't upgrade my refresh? I give up lol :rolleyes: I am just bringing everything with me printed out and going to guest services as soon as we board. :eek:

This makes it even more confusing. I got $100 OBC and $5 OBC which they are telling me is the difference between the refresh and replenish so I can upgrade my free refresh to replenish. Now you are saying you got more and I can't upgrade my refresh? I give up lol :rolleyes: I am just bringing everything with me printed out and going to guest services as soon as we board. :eek:

I know the whole promotion fiasco has been a mess from the beginning. I can only tell you my experience having just gone through it but I would just do exactly what you said you would (bring all your printed confirmation/communication) and go to Guest Services and get it straightened out right away so you can relax and enjoy your cruise!

I guess this is where there is some confusion about being allowed to 'upgrade'. To allow for the REFRESH/REPLENISH snafu I believe RCI are providing affected customers a one off upgrade from the included REFRESH package to the 'REPLENISH' package.

And they are doing this by providing the difference between the cost of the two packages as OBC. Of course actual OBC Amount provided will vary based on duration of cruise.

They are not however allowing any other upgrade, say from the fRee REFRESH to the SELECT package, or once you got your REPLENISH pkg sorted per above, then you can't upgrade that further either.

By the sounds of it RCI have definitely taken onboard their error and are honouring the REPLENISH deal to those affected. As well they should!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

I don't think so.... Aside from those that thought were getting the replenish package initially, all new purchase of the deal are non upgradeable.

I guess this is where there is some confusion about being allowed to 'upgrade'. To allow for the REFRESH/REPLENISH snafu I believe RCI are providing affected customers a one off upgrade from the included REFRESH package to the 'REPLENISH' package.

And they are doing this by providing the difference between the cost of the two packages as OBC. Of course actual OBC Amount provided will vary based on duration of cruise.

They are not however allowing any other upgrade, say from the fRee REFRESH to the SELECT package, or once you got your REPLENISH pkg sorted per above, then you can't upgrade that further either.

By the sounds of it RCI have definitely taken onboard their error and are honouring the REPLENISH deal to those affected. As well they should!!

not true in my case. i called yesterday and they will not even honour the refreshment package deal. they tell me i need to be sailing between july and august for the deal to be valid. i booked the deal on june 15th and was told then that i not only qualified but got the royal refreshment package.

so, rccl has not taken onboard their error, they are not honouring any deal for us. this is our first cruise with royal caribbean and with this sort of customer service it could be our last.

Edited by tinkertwo

not true in my case. i called yesterday and they will not even honour the refreshment package deal. they tell me i need to be sailing between july and august for the deal to be valid. i booked the deal on june 15th and was told then that i not only qualified but got the royal refreshment package.

so, rccl has not taken onboard their error, they are not honouring any deal for us. this is our first cruise with royal caribbean and with this sort of customer service it could be our last.

Call back and try again ... ?

Call back and try again ... ?

i flipped off an email to guest relations but i'm guessing that won't help. i just have to write it off to a company that is not run very well and does not stand behind their product.

it is what it is. i'll live……..but i will not recommend rccl to anyone.

I had the same experience. I have sent a letter off to Customer service and I have yet to receive a reply. It has been a week now.

i flipped off an email to guest relations but i'm guessing that won't help. i just have to write it off to a company that is not run very well and does not stand behind their product.

it is what it is. i'll live……..but i will not recommend rccl to anyone.

I sent an email on June 15th and again on June 26th. Crickets...

So if we buy this, are they allowing us to upgrade the free soda package to a premium package for the difference?

Last I heard was no upgrades allowed on the free package.

currently aboard Liberty of the seas on five night to Bermuda.

I spoke to no less than five different people from various departments regarding this package issue. I was told twice This deal is for other ships and the others couldn't understand the difference between replenish and refreshment.

The language barrier was incredible on this cruise. I finally gave up and purchased the replenish to save myself the trouble. I intend to fight one last time before de barking after that I will dispute the charge with chase.

As an FYI , bar service at all pool bars was the worst I have ever seen . Understaffed and every bartender was miserable. Them pushing bar packages has impacted service to the point I may never sail RCI again. Some print receipts others don't.

Just when you thought there was a glimmer of hope and they had finally come to their senses....grrrrrrr. [emoji37][emoji30][emoji43]

If you purchase a package, and they print a receipt....you are under no real obligation to sign it....it is for 0 dollars.

Correct, The point I poorly tried to make was, the employees use those receipts from the packages to solicit additional tips. Perhaps Managment has asked for those to be done away with.

This is just my observation, the first day every drink purchase got a receipt even for zero dollars. Just after we sailed all of a sudden no more receipts, even from the same bar tenders. This was true for the rest of our trip.