Complimentary Royal Refreshment Pkg??

I just called in and at first they offered the OBC but then came back on the phone and said they could not do that because I had not yet purchased the Ultimate...even though that is why I was calling..I already purchased the refreshment package back in January and had the select but then they came out with this mistaken offer, which I have the flyer for, so I cancelled his package so that I could buy the Ultimate. They told me I can give the extra cup to anyone on the ship I wanted because we have 3 packages and there are only 2 of us

I just called in and at first they offered the OBC but then came back on the phone and said they could not do that because I had not yet purchased the Ultimate...even though that is why I was calling..I already purchased the refreshment package back in January and had the select but then they came out with this mistaken offer, which I have the flyer for, so I cancelled his package so that I could buy the Ultimate. They told me I can give the extra cup to anyone on the ship I wanted because we have 3 packages and there are only 2 of us

OK, I think I need another cup of coffee this morning because I am confused with this post too.:o

What two packages do you want, Ultimate and Select? If that is the case, then I can see why you have a third package, not sure why they would offer OBC.

If you want an Ultimate and a Refreshment, then I guess I am confused to why you can't have just those two.

OK, I think I need another cup of coffee this morning because I am confused with this post too.:o

What two packages do you want, Ultimate and Select? If that is the case, then I can see why you have a third package, not sure why they would offer OBC.

If you want an Ultimate and a Refreshment, then I guess I am confused to why you can't have just those two.

I originally purchased the select and the replenish in Jan..then they came out with the special and so I was told by RCI to cancel our select package and wait until after June 15th to purchase the Ultimate package...so this is what I did and now we have 3 drink packages 1 Ultimate, 1 Replenish and 1 refresh

Edited by gizzimo156

I originally purchased the select and the replenish in Jan..then they came out with the special and so I was told by RCI to cancel our select package and wit until after June 15th to purchase the Ultimate package...so this is what I did and now we have 3 drink packages 1 Ultimate, 1 Replenish and 1 refresh

OK, I see now. In your other post, you said you had bought the refreshment package so that is why I was confused. Since it is a replenishment package that you have already purchased and actually want, I understand now. Thanks.

OK, I see now. In your other post, you said you had bought the refreshment package so that is why I was confused. Since it is a replenishment package that you have already purchased and actually want, I understand now. Thanks.

Not enough caffeine for me yet..sorry

I also bought the Ultimate Package on 6/15 in the AM and was told what everyone else was told. Free Replenish package, just needs to be purchased between the dates on the flyer. No written conformation but the "ship" would know....

I saw above someone got OBC even though they were sailing out of the new sail dates so I thought I would give it a try. I called Spoke to a nice Man, sent him the original flyer and he consulted with the resolutions department. He came back and said I don't qualify and they are not giving any compensation but I can cancel if I want.

Not much of a resolution to the whole mess. I don't sail until 2016 so I have time to decide what I want to do.

Isn't that what I said??:confused::confused:

Yep, just trying to make it very clear since it seemed to cause more confusion. We have 10 people in our group, 5 in our 2 cabins and another 5 in a Family cabin, so 3 packages is fine with us.

We will pay the extra $50 for the replenish and then look into if we want one for the 7 year old and the other 20 year old in our cabin. :rolleyes: So these packages are definitely not a waste for our cruise. It is saving us some money and I am grateful that they are allowing us to get the replenish.

Now we have to just FOCUS on 2 drinks a day for my husband and I to make it worth it. lol I think we can manage. Oh the agony of vacation! :D

Nicole

Just received confirmation via mail that an additional OBC will be added to my staterooms that covers the cost difference between the Refresh and Replenish packages.

In the mail they also told me this OBC is only to be used for the baverage packages.

So armed with the original flyer, my cc statement and the confirmation emails from RCI, I will board IOS next month. I am somewhat confident that things will work out. Let's see.

The way RCI has handled this is clumsy to say the least, but if all works out next month I give them credit for at least acknowledging their mistake and stepping up to solve it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SGP312 met Tapatalk

Ok, I'll try again.

I bought the Ultimate.. comes with everything, INCLUDING REFRESH FOR FREE (which is basically a soda cup, nothing more than that, which costs you $50 approximately for a 7 day cruise).

They are giving me enough OBC to buy a Replenish package (minus that $50) so that I don't get the Refresh package for free.

So I will STILL get Ultimate + Refresh, plus enough to buy Replenish (if I put in the extra $50 for it- which we will).

So 3 packages.. See?

They do NOT take away the free Refresh when they give you the OBC for the replenish package. So it's not an UPGRADE of that refresh package. You will end up with 3 soda cups. (if you end up buying the Replenish with your OBC). 1, with the Ultimate, 1 with the Refresh, 1 with Replenish (which you will buy with OBC).

This is how they are "resolving" the issue. And why there is not enough OBC to pay for the full amount of the Replenish package.

Nicole

OK sorry to beat a dead horse here but I don't get it. I'm in the same situation. Bought an ultimate which comes with free soda pkg (refresh)...not just a soda cup tho...a sticker on my card that says I have the soda pkg. Now I want to use my OBC to upgrade that soda pkg to the replenish pkg which is what I was promised. I already have my soda cup from the refresh pkg so now they will just change the sticker on my card to say replenish, I will keep the cup that came with the soda pkg and the other party will have gotten a cup with the ultimate pkg. That's still only 2 cups, 2 pkgs total. Where do you think you're getting a 3rd pkg for $50?

Refresh is not just a cup...they scan your card at the bar to be sure you have paid for the pkg.

Or are you saying you want 3 pkgs...then you are really buying a stand alone soda pkg for the 3rd person for the $50? :eek:

I just saw your last post and now I think I get what you are saying...you need the 3rd pkg so you are really just buying a soda pkg separately I think

Edited by green eyed lady

I also bought the Ultimate Package on 6/15 in the AM and was told what everyone else was told. Free Replenish package, just needs to be purchased between the dates on the flyer. No written conformation but the "ship" would know....

I saw above someone got OBC even though they were sailing out of the new sail dates so I thought I would give it a try. I called Spoke to a nice Man, sent him the original flyer and he consulted with the resolutions department. He came back and said I don't qualify and they are not giving any compensation but I can cancel if I want.

Not much of a resolution to the whole mess. I don't sail until 2016 so I have time to decide what I want to do.

Standard RCI, I am cruising in November and decided to bite the bullet and call in now so I don't have to start the cruise off irritated.

I was told they have ALREADY FIXED the problem by putting OBC on my account in the amount of the difference between Refresh and Replenish and all I need to do is ask at any bar/sales outlet when I get onboard to purchase the upgrade.

Just requested an updated invoice from my TA to verify the OBC is there.

If true, I cant really complain about the resolution (assuming the refresh package is actually honored in November and is upgradeable contrary to what others have reported being told) still amazing to watch the stumbling/bumbling process but if they made it right, good enough.

OK sorry to beat a dead horse here but I don't get it. I'm in the same situation. Bought an ultimate which comes with free soda pkg (refresh)...not just a soda cup tho...a sticker on my card that says I have the soda pkg. Now I want to use my OBC to upgrade that soda pkg to the replenish pkg which is what I was promised. I already have my soda cup from the refresh pkg so now they will just change the sticker on my card to say replenish, I will keep the cup that came with the soda pkg and the other party will have gotten a cup with the ultimate pkg. That's still only 2 cups, 2 pkgs total. Where do you think you're getting a 3rd pkg for $50?

Refresh is not just a cup...they scan your card at the bar to be sure you have paid for the pkg.

Or are you saying you want 3 pkgs...then you are really buying a stand alone soda pkg for the 3rd person for the $50? :eek:

I just saw your last post and now I think I get what you are saying...you need the 3rd pkg so you are really just buying a soda pkg separately I think

Yes.

I know that this has probably bee asked and answered 100 times already but I couldn't be bothered ready 17 pages so apologies if my question frustrates anyone. Does the package have to be book within the time frame or is it that the page is only available to those cruising during the stated time frame? Tx

I know that this has probably bee asked and answered 100 times already but I couldn't be bothered ready 17 pages so apologies if my question frustrates anyone. Does the package have to be book within the time frame or is it that the page is only available to those cruising during the stated time frame? Tx

The package can be booked up to 3 or 4 days before the cruise using Royal's website. After that point, it can be purchaed on the ship as long as there are at least 4 days left in the cruise.

Still confused - can it be booked for cruises sailing after Aug 31st?

Guessing if you did not book immediately, you know for sure only get the Refreshment pkg free??

As I understand it... in order to get the free Refreshment (soda package), an Ultimate package needs to be booked by August 31. It does not matter when the cruise itself is.

And yes, unless you booked within a couple hours of the sale being released on June 15, I don't think you stand a shot of getting a free Replenish package.

does anyone have an email for the resolutions department? is there a special telephone number?

To my knowledge, you have to call the regular customer service number and ask for resolutions.

As I understand it... in order to get the free Refreshment (soda package), an Ultimate package needs to be booked by August 31. It does not matter when the cruise itself is.

And yes, unless you booked within a couple hours of the sale being released on June 15, I don't think you stand a shot of getting a free Replenish package.

The booking thing may also be a bone of contention, some people have reported being told you have to book and use it by August 31st, others that you have to book by August 31st for use on any cruise.

The old flyer said you only had to book by August 31st and get the replenish package...:D:D....

The NEW flyer said,the cruise had to be by August 31st and you get the refresh package..:(:(

272766855_OLDFLYER.jpg.cf443f63824b99d59a2f437d50d0fca9.jpg

2011485427_OLDRULES.jpg.d9f70f2d38e27680edb302a7840303b6.jpg

1295820828_NEWFLYER.jpg.dfdd519ad7d830ec983a2211db0b19bf.jpg

It still reads ambiguous in the 'View Details' when about to select the Ultimate Pkg in your 'My Calendar’. It says offer is valid from June 15 thru August 31. So you would have to take that as based on purchase date, nothing to do with cruise date...as the two are not linked in their shopping cart system at all. The below screen shot is from my own calendar, for a 24 dec 16 cruise departure. (And I did indeed purchase and later received the OBC offer to compensate their error). How can a marketing dept get it so wrong?? Or is this confusion and ambiguity or part of the plan?!

64c57f9df24e95927e5b71ba85f55fbd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

BKRICKLES1,

Pretty much the same exact situation happened to my significant other and I. I called twice and was told that it was the Royal Replenish complimentary but it wasn't available until June 15.. I called again to book it after the 15th and was told "No, its the Refreshment." So, I tried to explain what I had been told previously and that I had the flyer to no avail so I did not purchase the package as the Soda package does not do us any good!

Would you be willing to provide me with the email contact you found? If so, you could email it to anbaker50@yahoo.com (girlfriend's email) if you are not comfortable posting it on here. I'd like to vent my frustration about this situation to someone that is actually willing to listen!

I've been reluctant to tell my story but your comment had me reconsider.

I also knew about the supposed promotion ahead of time and called on the 15th. I was told on my first call that the promotion was with the soda package. I looked on the forums here and I saw people stating that they called and got the mistaken promotion with the replenish package. I called rccl again and this time I got a gentleman who said that, in fact, the promotion was with the replenish and I asked him to confirm it and send me an email, which he did. My plan was to book it later in the day as I was at work and had other things to do.

In between, I continued to peruse the forums and began to see how this was one gigantic mistake/mess and determined that I didn't want to continue the fight now and especially after I boarded.

I was in another rccl forum the following day and saw that someone had posted an email address from over 2 years ago for someone at rccl that always was receptive to hearing about various experiences.

I sent an email explaining what had happened. I asked for nothing. I only stated the facts.

The next day I get a call from a lovely woman at rccl. I believe she was located in Oregon. She asked if I would be satisfied if she gave me $200 of obc that could be used to purchase the replenishment package. That would cover the cost entirely for me as I'm going on a 9 day cruise on LOS on 7/2.

I was thrilled at the response because, as I said, I asked for nothing in my email. Not even a reply.

I continued to tell her that my plan had been to get the promotion as it was perfect for my wife and I and that I was going to add the soda package for my 15 year old daughter. We finished our conversation.

The next day I ask my ta to send me over the guest confirm from rccl to see if the obc had been applied. Before she got back to me, I received an email from the rep at rccl telling me that she had added $250 obc to my account to cover my wifes package and my daughters.

Talk about making my day. I can afford a cruise and I can afford the things that go with it but that $250 gift from this woman was really just a super nice thing to do and gave me nothing but good feelings about rccl.

Until they screw something up......JUST KIDDING!!

7 days and counting for me!!

I have called twice this morning and been told both times that you have to sail BEFORE Aug 31st to get this deal. How are you all getting this pkg when you cruise after Aug 31st?

I realize it is the Refreshment and not the Replenish, but they are still telling me (including resolutions) that the cruise has to be before Aug 31st to get this deal.

I have called twice this morning and been told both times that you have to sail BEFORE Aug 31st to get this deal. How are you all getting this pkg when you cruise after Aug 31st?

I realize it is the Refreshment and not the Replenish, but they are still telling me (including resolutions) that the cruise has to be before Aug 31st to get this deal.

They are going by what the flyer says.