Wow bands

Basically serves the same function as your Sea Pass card. Opens your room door, gets you on and off the ship, used to make purchases, etc

it won't let you on and off the ship.

Most people on our sailing took them off after the first day.

Ah you're right, my mistake.

Anyway my neighbors went on Quantum and enjoyed using the bands, found them very convenient. So like anything opinions vary I guess.

Edited by BamaGuy44

We used them on the Quantum in February. Worked well for opening our stateroom and purchases in the shops. The bars were hit or miss (probably because it was still new) so we carried our sea pass with us but the WOW bands worked about 80% of the time without issue. Much easier to just wear it on your wrist.

(please read this with a sense of humor) I wear my fitbit when I dress up

inside my Tory Burch bracelet made to carry it. I am sure the WOW band will not coordinate with my outfit.

I knew Mr Negative would say this or something similar.

I found it useful. It opens your stateroom. You can pay for purchases with it. And also you can get drinks with it. When I was at the bar getting a drink, I just tapped my drink against their reader and took my drink.

Much more convenient than getting my SeaPass card out of my wallet and putting it back again.

RC will utilize the wow bands on Harmony as well. Are they issuing Seapass cards at check in? Are they still putting the bands in the cabins and leaving all the cabin doors open when you embark? The risk of error seems very high with that process.

Thanks

Are the band's the only way you can get into your room

No you can also use your SeaPass card. Wore my wow band on Anthem and it worked most of the time. I found that by wearing it as if I was wearing a wrist watch with the dial on the inside of my wrist it improved the performance.

The main problem was that I had the type which to be fastened by pushing small studs through holes in the band not the type that fastens like a watch strap.

Being a bit clumsy and after several attempts my partner invariably ended up fastening it for me. She seemed to manage hers without any trouble !!

Selswick

(please read this with a sense of humor) I wear my fitbit when I dress up

inside my Tory Burch bracelet made to carry it. I am sure the WOW band will not coordinate with my outfit.

Perfect!!!! Would be great if they came in colors[emoji41]