On board British Isles cruise Royal Princess

Nancy48

We are sailing on Royal on 1st so this is really handy. Thanks

How many formal nights are there in total please?

What are your impressions of your cabin and the ship?

I am wanting to do ports DIY and not pay for shuttles. In Dublin did you notice a local bus stop near where you docked? I'm hoping it will now be easier but don't know which bus to get. Did you dock at Dublin or is it now a tender?

many thanks

Unless they change things 2 formal, St.Peter Port and first sea day.

The docking in Dublin is tight so will be weather dependant.

The dock is quite away from the city but some walked on our trip.

on google the ship docks at ocean pier(3branch rd) there is a bus stop near there on Alexandra road can't find any busses.

nearest major site is the 3 arena that has some options

http://3arena.ie/travel

Is the minimum age for drinking alcohol 18 or 21?

Is the minimum age for gambling 18 or 21?

Thanks

We were on the May 9-21 sailing of the Royal. As posted daily in Patters under Bars, Clubs and Lounges: Legal drinking age is 21 aboard the ship and photo ID may be required.

Darcy

Use the local shuttle bus at SouthQ Hawes pier to EDI, £10pp return($15,€15)

Closer than the ships buses which are in the car park $76pp

The Hawes inn is now a vintage inn so check for vouchers if you plan to stop for a pint.

Hi, we have done this itinerary for the past 3 years - Queen Elizabeth, Caribbean Princess and last year, Ruby Princess. Looking forward to sailing Royal Princess on July 20th.

In Edinburgh, you can get either he ship's shuttle from the dock, walk along the water front or up the hill to the bus or the train. Train is quick, frequent and easy.

In Dublin, it is a good 20 mins walk from the ship to the tram line which is next to the O2 Arena. Modern tram - only a couple of Euros - but a pretty boring walk to get there.

Can you tell me how much it costs for the Enclave for the 12 nights? On Deck 5? It probably won't be advertised now as the passes usually sell out in the first couple of days but it would be in the Patter on the first couple of days - or maybe the staff would be able to answer that question. Would much appreciate it if you could post a reply. Thanks. Enjoy your cruise!

Tracey

in Glasgow, a 15 min walk through the small shopping mall to get to the train. again, frequent services into Glasgow.

The locals also run free coach tours along the coast and to a small castle. Very informative and very helpful, welcoming people. If anyone does go on any of these tours, please leave a donation. It pays for the bus driver and the fuel. Sadly, lots of people got off our bus and didn't give anything and these local people give up their time freely. We bought bars of chocolate in advance for guide and driver as well as donation. I saw lots of people get off and leave nothing and whole families just put in a couple of pounds! I was a bit shocked.

Invergordon, bus stop right outside where ship docks which takes you into Inverness.

Cobh, station is at the port! Train into Cork frequent and cheap.

Guernsey, local buses just past tourist information (TI also has free wifi).

Liverpool, docks right in city. No bus requested.

Hope this helps. If you want to know anything else, please ask.

Tracey

Another of your followers here, Sue - I'm in Belfast and it is blowing an absolute gale today :eek: lucky you are in Liverpool. By tomorrow things should have calmed down a lot and the forecast is good.

If you have booked a tour to the Glens of Antrim, it will be one of my friends who is the tour guide on the minibus (for disabled) - she will greatly entertain you. :) I'm sure the Ancient Mariner will be making his way to the Titanic Visitors Centre to see that area of Belfast where many ships were built. ;)

There is a free shuttle bus from the Cruise Terminal to Belfast City Centre.

http://visit-belfast.com/cruise/about-cruise-belfast/services-offered

Wishing you a good day tomorrow on this side of the Irish Sea.

Well hello everyone we are just about to leave Liverpool after quite a eventful day. We moored in the early hours and the wind in Liverpool most of the day has been horrendous. Cannot believe it s June, very cold and overcast. But the city was buzzing, particularly around Pier Head and Albert Square. A carnival type weekend, with lots of live acts And activities, overhead aerial displays, you name it. Just a shame the weather was so cold

On a practical level the ship's literally a few minutes walk from all of these activities, shops, stores etc. it really is an easy port for you all. And they have also put on mobility mini buses free of charge for those with mobility issues, just to go from the ship out of the docks. not far to walk for the Ble at all

We had the Beatles tribute act on tonight, my husband said they were very good. Not wishing to brag here, but speaking as one who saw the real thing(that gives my age away)I thought they were just ok. But having said that the theatre was packed and the crowd were on their feet, so what do I know?

Well off to Belfast tomorrow. And yes the Ancient Mariner (aka my dh) is off to the Titanic thing, no doubt pushing me in front!! I get to do all the fun stuff:-)

Will answer questions on Edinburgh when we get there. They tell us in the Patter for Belfast that there will be a "limited shuttle service provided by the local authorities on a complimentary basis. The bus will take you into downtown Belfadt with drop off at Donegall P,ace (opposite Belfast Welcome Centre). Please note there will be waiting times and lines at peak hours. First bus will depart at 12.15 p.m."

We plan on taking a taxi to the Titanic place so will let you know tomorrow.

Time to turn in now, take care all,

Sue

The Titanic needs more time than any of the tours give you,

pre book your slot and give a min of 3hrs for the museum longer if you want to take it all in.

Also in the area is the slip ways and the pump room/dry dock which adds even more time.

The walking tour options are worth doing.

There are now options to VIP the walking tour Titanic with Pickup from the ship might be a good option for those that would take a taxi anyway.

Well another smooth crossing over to Belfast and we are just approaching the port now. Weather light Cloud and blue skies, but still very windy.

Aiming on a light lunch (it is at least three hours since we had breakfast after all!) and then a taxi to the Titanic experience. Theyreservewheelchairs with just a phone call so I've done that so should be easy for the Ancient Mariner. (Did I tell you he used to be a navigating officer for P & O General Cargo division?)

Will report back on that this evening.

Ship in full sales mode this a.m. All the ships in full flow, all the usual stuff.

Nothing much else to report yet. Talk later

Sue

We will be on the Ocean Princess - 8 day British Isle August 9. I did the 12 day British Isle in August 2013 on the Caribbean Princess and would highly recommend this cruise.

Do you know where the Princess shuttle for Dublin drops you off? Last time, we took a taxi and it cost us 15E each way.

We plan on seeing the Book of Kells at Trinity College then the HOHO.

Sue,

Would you be able to find out how much a pass costs for the spa area for the 12 nights (Enclave?). Thermal spa / steam rooms/ hydrotherapy pool, etc. I know they post it in the Patters on he first couple of days but have a restricted number available. I have a feeling that they will be rather expensive! Just trying to decide whether or not to buy passes for my mum and I (or just myself) in our 20 July cruise.

Thanks,

Tracey

PS a fab itinerary 😄😄