Concierge benefits?

pzbz

The past several Celebrity cruises, we've had C3 cabins. I agree with many of the posters that the little foot stool on the balcony doesn't seem like much, but it really does make a difference when sitting on the balcony. The one concierge benefit I haven't seen mentioned is the, "Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences." I love a body pillow. When you ask for this in the concierge cabin, they bring in this huge pillow. It must be five feet long and looks like they've literally stuffed a body into it. I love it and get it every time!!!

John

I was looking forward to the pillow menu too--but they didn't seem to have much choice, a not the style i use at home anyway (curved for neck to rest on) so it wasn't any use to me.

We typically book a CC cabin ( usually not much more than a regular balcony) as we do enjoy the extra perks and the 123 go incentives. That being said, on our upcoming Caribbean cruise on the Equinox ( next March) I just saw that the price of a Cc cabin is more than twice that of a balcony cabin ( 1600. vs 3300). I can't imagine anyone booking a CC cabin at that cost difference ( ours was closer to the balcony price when we booked). Not sure what Celebrity is thinking!

How much was Aqua? I have noticed from reading this board that since they started to promote all 3 perks when booking CC and above that most who would never consider CC booked that class because it actually worked out to be less expensive than a standard veranda. Perhaps they raised the price of CC to fill veranda rooms.

• 3 months later...

The takeaway here should be an individual choice. When Celebrity is running a promotion like they did with the 1 2 3 GO promotion I booked 4 Concierge cruises. Someone else already did the math and I agree. On Board Credit, free gratuities and drink package made it a no brainer. Do I appreciate the small perks in Concierge? Yes. I like having my shoes shined. I like to swap my bottle of bubbly for Proseco. I like the bedding. I like all the little things mentioned here to include foot stools. Even the canapes I put in a staniding order for Kalamata olives! If there is a perk comparable to what is offered that you want a substitute just ask. Oh BTW I booked a 5th cruise (trans Atlantic) that did not offer the promo so I took the most cost effective balcony. It does help that we are Elite Plus so it is not like we don't get any benefits. Terry

Can anyone tell me the perks for concierge? Is it true one can get priority tendering ? How is the stateroom menu different? If I order breakfast for my vernadah is it special in any way?

What does the concierge do for you?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Not an expert. Sailed Celebrity twice and booked for a third. Our first trip was AQ. Loved Blu and picked our location at the aft of Solstice under and over other cabins. The locations of most of the AQ cabins are not central if that is important to you.

Second sailing was on an M Class. The upgrade fairy visited us at the port and moved us from a CC Cabin to an accessible S2. It was an awesome location. I might upgrade in the future for a bargain but it was the location that I loved. You can get that same location with regular cabins. Midship higher up.

I was thinking through the same questions that you have regarding our next cruise. It is a transatlantic so we want to be comfortable. I made my choice based on the itinerary and the fact that Celebrity offered quite a bargain on the CC guarantee. The price of the CC guarantee was less than or equal to choosing the location of a regular cabin. I picked this category because with such a long trip I wanted a nice balcony. I decided I could live with the location of any of the CC cabins. Some are very far forward and very far aft but not obstructed. Luckily, we have already been assigned our cabin. I requested a more midship location in the same category and my request was honored.

Bottom line is that you need to look at the particulars of your sailing, determine how important location is to you and decide if the above listed perks matter. We bring nice champagne on board and ask the steward to trade the cabin champagne for a white wine. Another option might be to save it for in cabin breakfast mimosas on the balcony!

Good luck! Are we lucky to be cruising :)

With the diminished benefits, we now either book aqua or just 1A balconies. We are elite plus and will be long gone before we could make it to zenith so the captain's club points which are probably the most important remaining perk don't matter to us. Location does and we find that many of the 1A's are in great locations...in fact they are often just one deck below the C2/C3 cabins.

The only time we now book concierge cabins is if there is a guaranteed concierge rate that's less than the 1A rate. We don't book guaranteed verandah because we could (probably will) get an obstructed view cabin). If the rate for CC is higher than 1A then it really just comes down to location and has nothing to do with concierge perks.

With the diminished benefits, we now either book aqua or just 1A balconies. We are elite plus and will be long gone before we could make it to zenith so the captain's club points which are probably the most important remaining perk don't matter to us. Location does and we find that many of the 1A's are in great locations...in fact they are often just one deck below the C2/C3 cabins.

The only time we now book concierge cabins is if there is a guaranteed concierge rate that's less than the 1A rate. We don't book guaranteed verandah because we could (probably will) get an obstructed view cabin). If the rate for CC is higher than 1A then it really just comes down to location and has nothing to do with concierge perks.

The last time we booked a balcony guarantee(last January) we got a 1a off the hump on the slant. Go figure. I couldn't have picked a better cabin if we'd had the choice.

And class of ship - M class concierge cabins are slightly larger than regular verandas, which can make a difference if you have more than 2 in the cabin ;).

Our group booked CC for an upcoming Alaska cruise. We've cruised many times and if I add the bar bill and tips to the fare paid on them, we did much better with the Celebrity CC rate which included beverage package, tips, and OBC. The other perks will be nice but the bottom line is less money. Bring on the Bloody Caesars, please.

You might think it funny, but the benefit I liked the most were the footstools on the balcony so I could put my feet up after an active day!!

Sue

Sue, our upcoming cruise on the Celebrity is in a concierge cabin - we opted for it because of the perks offered on the Spring into Savings promo. I can't tell you how many times I've read people post about how much they liked the footstools. :)

We have done concierge once and another time we got upgraded,which was great.Personally we would not pay the extra,the deluxe balcony are no different from standard balcony,main extras are priority boarding,an umbrella and binoculars,couple of bigger fluffy pillows,bottle of cheap plonk that no one drinks,a few apples in a dish and a fluffy dressing gown that is to warm for the med anyway!THe up side is the cabin attendants are really attentive and the breakfast/room service menu is better.we had smoothie and v8drinks in the morning and I had smoked salmon,asparagus ext on the balcony/loved it .And the footsteps on the balcony!

It's quite good having the gold card to flash around as well we seemed to get served quicker. I have heard quite a lot of people say it is well worth paying the extra for subclass,,,May be one day!

Are the balcony tables in non concierge dining height? We love to have breakfast on the balcony.

Thank you,

Sharon

On the S class, they are. Can't remember what the story is with M class. One thing to note is that if you use the paper forms to order your breakfast (ask cabin steward for them if you can't find any) instead of using the TV order system, you can write in reasonable requests in addition to the choices offered. I have never had a problem getting poached eggs instead of scrambled, for example. I am willing to put up with lukewarm food for the pleasure of dining on the balcony; DH prefers to go to the Oceanview for hot food and more choices.