Humanitarian tours?

tidygirl

DH heard that some ships are starting to do cruises that at the ports you do different things to help the community out (like a humanitarian tour) Carnival was mentioned as one of the cruise lines that's starting to push this.

Does anyone know or have any information?

We recently did a private tour in Guatemala (different cruise line) that we brought supplies to 2 different local schools. It was the most rewarding tour I have ever done and would love to find some options to make this happen.

Not carnival ships but Carnival corp is launching a new line (1 ship for now) Fathom, I believe.

Looks like you can help out at the stops. Don't know if I would call it humanitarian, but you can do some work for the community.

IMO if you really want to make a difference donate the $1500 it would cost for the cruise to the community, it would go a lot farther then a few hours of volunteer work.

I'm not a fan of the fathom concept, but there are some cruiselines that do excursions with a humanitarian/volunteer component.

Crystal offers such excursions (though they are an extreme luxury line, so not affordable to most.) On Celebrity Xpedition one of the excursion options is to skip the chance to shop and go plant trees instead.

I'd love to see cruiselines offer more excursions like this.

Its a different cruise line. Not sure if they have a forum for them yet. Its owned by Carnival Corp but is as separate from CCL as HAL.

Yes, there's now a forum for fathom.

The .org link doesn't seem to be working.