Grand Lido Oceanview

morriscats

Has anyone sailed in one of the staterooms with the new floor to ceiling window. It is hard to find info or pics. Found one but it says the room "should" look like this but not accurate.

I do not believe such a cabin exists.

There are two ocean view cabins in the new cabin area on Sun Deck of Golden Princess; on the Princess website they have the exact same description as the ocean views on Lido Deck of Grand Princess--but I don't know if the ones on Grand Princess have floor-to-ceiling windows like the two on Golden Princess.

Oceanview cabin S704 on Golden Princess:

IMG_0290_zpswnxrc995.jpg

The Golden Princess cabins on Sun deck were added in a major dry dock in May 2009.

Not sure if the Grand has the same windows as I don't think the Grand had these added??

I know they listed the same floor to ceiling windows for the non balcony mini suites on Coral/Island only they don't have them either. Just standard ocean view windows.

we have L308 booked on grand , and it does indeed have floor to ceiling windows:)

like a balcony room with no balcony...i found a great picture before,i'll see if i can find it for you;)

dave

we have L308 booked on grand , and it does indeed have floor to ceiling windows:)

like a balcony room with no balcony...i found a great picture before,i'll see if i can find it for you;)

dave

That's good to know, would love to see the picture.

okay , that worked....the elusive photos of L306 (same as all 6 of the superior OV rooms on lido deck:p

note...this is exclusive to grand princess only if i understand correctly

looking forward to it

dave

dave

Now I am confused. Talked to my TA and she said only the Golden has these picture windows??? How did you find out Dave? Thanks.

well , i think they may be confused , if you look at lido deckplans on grand,they have a skinny hallway where 3 of these superior OV rooms are,plus a grand suite (on both port and starboard)

the sister ships have balcony rooms in these locations. there may be cabins like this on the other ships perhaps,but not in this location to the best of my research;)

i dont know princess ships as well as many folks,but pretty sure i am right on this

dave:)

the sister ships have balcony rooms in these locations. there may be cabins like this on the other ships perhaps,but not in this location to the best of my research;)

When these sister ships came out, those balcony cabins were labeled "window cabins" and priced accordingly for a long time!

Edited by Coral

Now THAT's a nice ocean view room. Too bad they don't put more of these on the ships. A nice middle ground for those who don't necessarily want to pay for a balcony but find those little portholes useless (me :eek:)

The Royal/Regal have none. (no outsides at all) :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We booked one of these for our Hawaiian cruise in November on the Grand. There are only six of them and they are all booked now. My husband is sensitive to the sun and we find we rarely sit out on our balcony unless the sun is on the other side of the ship or we have a Caribe deck balcony (partially covered.)

The location was the easiest answer to booking this cabin as it is only steps away from being outside if we have a sudden urge or need for the fresh air while we are in our cabin.

The cabins are at the high-end cost-wise for window views. The only way we would give up this cabin was if Princess offered a reasonable up-sell for a mini-suite or suite. A standard balcony is only a few bucks more a day and not worth it, for this cruise anyway.

We stayed in one on Grand for Alaska last year also on Grand for Mexican Riviera just LOVED it ...there is a door in the main hallway that leads to 3 of these cabins and one suite .Very private and hidden .

The only advice I can give is do not book the end one next to door onto the main Lido , I think it would be a bit more noisy .

Now THAT's a nice ocean view room. Too bad they don't put more of these on the ships. A nice middle ground for those who don't necessarily want to pay for a balcony but find those little portholes useless (me :eek:)

Even though they are classified as ocean view, the price is higher than a balcony cabin. They are no bargain! My TA was trying to get us upgraded from our regular OV to one of those (O5) on the Golden. Princess laughed at her and asked if she saw the price of those cabins. My TA was shocked and wound up getting us upgraded to a balcony instead. :eek:

Even though they are classified as ocean view, the price is higher than a balcony cabin. They are no bargain! My TA was trying to get us upgraded from our regular OV to one of those (O5) on the Golden. Princess laughed at her and asked if she saw the price of those cabins. My TA was shocked and wound up getting us upgraded to a balcony instead. :eek:

I can hear the Princess rep, Hahaha...........deep voice of course.......

"I laugh in your face". :eek:

i agree that they are pricy for an OV , but it still would have cost us about 80 bucks more for a balcony , and i love this location (i think) plus the savings will pay for our night at the crown grill incl drinks:D

upon my return i will post a short review to let the CC forum know more about this cabin category

dave