Bringing Wine Aboard

We are sailing on the Oasis on June 27th and plan on bringing with us our two allotted bottles of wine. Should we put these in our checked bags or carry them aboard ourselves with our day bags? Does it matter? Is there a rule for this? I plan on packing them in my checked bags for my flight, I just assumed I would leave them in there until my bags get to my room.

We are sailing on the Oasis on June 27th and plan on bringing with us our two allotted bottles of wine. Should we put these in our checked bags or carry them aboard ourselves with our day bags? Does it matter? Is there a rule for this? I plan on packing them in my checked bags for my flight, I just assumed I would leave them in there until my bags get to my room.

Royal has no rule for how you are allowed to bring on wine.

I suggest you carry it on, to reduce the chance of breakage, and avoid any delay in delivery of check bags because of the wine looking suspicious on the x-ray.

Wine on board: "New" rule: I just returned from a three day Bahamas cruise out of PC. The person taking luggage asked me if I had wine and when I said "yes," he told me that all wine must be carried on board and any wine found in checked in luggage would be confiscated. The last time I sailed, I was told the opposite and quickly removed my bottles from the hand carry to the checked luggage.

Wine on board: "New" rule: I just returned from a three day Bahamas cruise out of PC. The person taking luggage asked me if I had wine and when I said "yes," he told me that all wine must be carried on board and any wine found in checked in luggage would be confiscated....

We experienced this also on our last two cruises out of Port Canaveral in July of 2014 and Feb of 2015. DH always carries our wine in his carry-on. Guess it depends on the port the ship sails from.

I would carry on all liquids , you do not want to have luggage delayed, I had a wine opener which caused my luggage to go to naughty room, I did yell at the people there and told them what it was and they just told me take the suite case but it caused a several hour delay

Thanks for that info! I usually packed one and carried one. Did they "inspect" your wine? I wanted to bring my latest obsession which is a sirah port and their site says no "fortified" wines. I suppose this could be considered fortified but I dont imagine this is what they are trying to avoid.

Thanks for that info! I usually packed one and carried one. Did they "inspect" your wine? I wanted to bring my latest obsession which is a sirah port and their site says no "fortified" wines. I suppose this could be considered fortified but I dont imagine this is what they are trying to avoid.

The only time that I encountered nasty, inspection-obsessed guards was in Baltimore when the prohibition was first lifted.

Sweet. Thanks. Those diapers look cool but ill toss em in a cooler bag and hope the sirah port slips thru. Any good wine suggestions for a nice sipper to keep in room?

Where are you leaving from? We are embarking in Civitavecchia so plan on picking up some good local Italian wines. In Canada we pay $20 plus, in Italy less than 5 euros. Really anything is good there.

Where are you leaving from? We are embarking in Civitavecchia so plan on picking up some good local Italian wines. In Canada we pay $20 plus, in Italy less than 5 euros. Really anything is good there.

Sounds amazing. I hope to see italy some day. My cuz reps for a few vineyards there so we have discusse taking a trip there more than once.

We are just cruisin out of port canaveral this time. I am told theres actually some good florida wines and may look to grab a bottle of something local before we ship out. I like reds. Nothing too sweet. A great cab always makes me happy