No Bottles allowed

TXFATGUY

Interesting. I was raised by doctors, and around nurses and personal trainers. Every single one has said Gatorade and all other drinks like it are just hyped up sugar water/Kool Aid.

That's funny because many respected medical institutions, including the the Mayo Clinic, have found that Gatorade and numerous other sports drinks have legitimate rehydration uses. Not to mention the millions of dollars professional sports organizations around the world have invested into researching the clinical and practical realities of rehydration using sports drinks vs water.

No one is saying it is a magic elixir, but it definitely works.

Wife and I drink a gallon a week of fresh coconut week. Here in San Pedro, Belize it cost us a whopping 2.50us a gal. Best thing ever for a hangover or dehydration.

Unfortunately, here in the states it's not uncommon to pay $2.50 for 16 oz. :(

Edited by creef1014

A single serving of Gatorade contains 14 grams of sugar. This isn’t the simple table sugar you're familiar with, but a mix of heavily refined sucrose syrups, think liquefied empty calories. Americans already eat 2.5 pounds of sugar weekly.

Yes, Gatorade does has electrolytes, but in unreliable amounts. Gatorade, which actually contains more than twice as much sodium than potassium, is an unlikely candidate for any beneficial electrolyte restoration. When the body experiences short periods of exhaustion and fatigue, the last thing it needs is more sodium. Add loads of colorings to the growing list of ingredients, and you have a mystery cocktail of unknowing health consequences. In fact, yellow number 5, used in many tropical flavors, has been implicated in asthmatic health issues.

Just a few reasons the Dr didn't want the kids drinking it. I'm just giving you my experience w it. Google it and you will see tons of articles about its health concerns. Moderation is the key point. We all have vices, I just choose to avoid this one.

Is this effective immediately??? My in laws leave on the magic Sunday and have already purchased bottles to bring, as per the info when they signed their cruise contract...do I need to tell them to bring cans?

Am I the only one who brings gatorades on board to help hydrate after all the time in the sun? This creates a pretty big problem for me.

I know they sell Powerade on board but that stuff tastes terrible and is grossly marked up.

I am very disappointed in this new policy..

My husband takes medication that requires him to make sure he has enough electrolytes after sun exposure or he gets quite ill, so I guess we will have to bring electrolyte tablets instead of Gatorade. He's also diabetic so needs the low sugar type which probably wouldn't be available as Powerade. Last time we got off in Key West and got Gatorade. These cruise lines are getting more and more restrictive to the point that it's hard to keep track of all the rapid changes being implemented. Thank goodness for Cruise Critic or we wouldn't know till boarding day sometimes! 😳🚢🍷

I'm curious as to what percentage of people who are threatening to consider other vacation options because of the new policy will actually follow through? I hope those that do will post how well their other vacations compare to Carnival with the new policy enacted. Good luck to those jumping ship!!

I'm curious as to what percentage of people who are threatening to consider other vacation options because of the new policy will actually follow through? I hope those that do will post how well their other vacations compare to Carnival with the new policy enacted. Good luck to those jumping ship!!

It happens with every announcement of change. People are creatures of habit, they don't like change. In that same vein, they probably won't change it all up and go with another line either lol

My husband takes medication that requires him to make sure he has enough electrolytes after sun exposure or he gets quite ill, so I guess we will have to bring electrolyte tablets instead of Gatorade. He's also diabetic so needs the low sugar type which probably wouldn't be available as Powerade. [emoji15][emoji568][emoji485]

Hopefully, the kind of Gatorade you need is available in powdered form or in cans.

This may have been answered already, but does this include buying 12-pack cans of soda in port and bringing back onboard as well?

I'm wondering this as well. I like to buy coconut water in ports and take them back onto the ship rather than lug a case onboard before embarking.

It happens with every announcement of change. People are creatures of habit, they don't like change. In that same vein, they probably won't change it all up and go with another line either lol

Yea...its like flying. Did people stop flying because they couldn't bring their cheap bottles of water into the departure terminal....of course not. They just pay the exorbitant prices that the airline shops charge or they wait until they get on the plane and get their "free" 6 oz. plastic cup of water while they constantly complain about the unfairness of it all.

My husband takes medication that requires him to make sure he has enough electrolytes after sun exposure or he gets quite ill, so I guess we will have to bring electrolyte tablets instead of Gatorade. He's also diabetic so needs the low sugar type which probably wouldn't be available as Powerade. Last time we got off in Key West and got Gatorade. These cruise lines are getting more and more restrictive to the point that it's hard to keep track of all the rapid changes being implemented. Thank goodness for Cruise Critic or we wouldn't know till boarding day sometimes! 😳🚢🍷

If it is a true medical issue, contact Carnival's special needs department.

The worst they can tell you is No, and then you go with the electrolyte tablets.

(Gatorade is also available as a powder you can mix with water.)

According to the new rule, I cannot take my apple cider vinegar because it only comes in bottles, it does not come in cans. But then again I do not use it as a beverage.

I use it for medicinal purposes as a toner for my skin so I will now be contacting the special needs department. Will be interesting to see what they say.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

According to the new rule, I cannot take my apple cider vinegar because it only comes in bottles, it does not come in cans. But then again I do not use it as a beverage.

I use it for medicinal purposes as a toner for my skin so I will now be contacting the special needs department. Will be interesting to see what they say.

I can't imagine they would say no to it, since they don't sell it aboard. Worst case, if you could get a dr. Note I'm sure they would allow it. You could always put some in a small, travel size (like the ones you can fly with) bottle and I doubt it would be questioned. If they open it to insure it's not alcohol, the smell is unmistakeable!

They are just making all inclusives more desirable.

I dont cruise to see the islands, I have seen almost all of them, & in the Caribbean in all honesty they are the same.

I cruise to relax on the deck, beach, whatever

At least at an all inclusive I am not being nickel & dimed along the way. Just seems easier.

They are just making all inclusives more desirable.

Hardly.

All they're doing is protecting their bottom line by cracking down on cheapskates who smuggle booze on board. Blame those people, not Carnival.

Could you put it in toiletry bottles? I bet a lot of women bring toner on the ships.

Hands down, the best way to "hydrate" is to drink water. No additives, no sugars, no nothin'. Just plain water. Ask your doctor if you don't believe it. All that other stuff is just marketing and ad gimmicks.

And lots of sodium!! We had a dr that helped coach ds baseball team. Would not allow kids to bring gaterade/powerade to practice or games. Said it was the worse thing for hydration.

When I was younger and playing softball in the summer, my pediatrician told me to drink water and eat potato chips to deal with the heat and dehydration.

I haven't seen this question addressed, what happens if we want to bring bottles of vanilla (the only way you can buy it) home, will we have to turn it in and then get it on debark morning?