Summit in Bermuda: Best view?

philpcruiser

We were on Summit a few weeks ago, when our side was facing the water....it was a beautiful view, and interesting as well, because we were able to watch the high tech America's Cup catamarans practicing out in the sound.

I've sailed four times now and every time the summit has always been positioned w/ port side facing the dockyard.

Either way there's really not a bad view in Bermuda [emoji170][emoji172][emoji171][emoji560]

I've sailed four times now and every time the summit has always been positioned w/ port side facing the dockyard.

Either way there's really not a bad view in Bermuda [emoji170][emoji172][emoji171][emoji560]

Agree. Any view down there is better than most up here.

In 2013, we were in an act and stuck facing the breakaway for 3 days. Hoping for a different view this August.

I will be happy to be in Bermuda and deal with any view.

Really! We're the ships stern to stern? No privacy if that was the case.

Yes, that was my bad luck in 2013 but my only complaint about the cruise. Really hoping for a different view this year.

Good to hear no other complaints. This is our first on X. Have been checking these cruise critic boards. People seem to be pretty happy with X. Hope so. Really looking forward to the trip. We stopped in Bayonne on Sunday to check out the ship and Port area. Just felt like jumping on the boat .

Summit just before Aqua 1 refit, don't miss it.

Bermuda, I like facing the Dockyard.

17903077944_147907e3e5_c.jpg

The Aqua 1 deck 11 cabins were added soon after this cruise. This is the stern view you could get.

18525925545_70be6e6520_c.jpg

View from National Museum of Bermuda, a must see (great views).

18303650058_9e75f531ac_c.jpg

CaptDave

Good to hear no other complaints. This is our first on X. Have been checking these cruise critic boards. People seem to be pretty happy with X. Hope so. Really looking forward to the trip. We stopped in Bayonne on Sunday to check out the ship and Port area. Just felt like jumping on the boat .

We love X. I've been on NCL and Carnival. They do not compare. This will be my 3rd time on X to Bermuda. It will be 2nd trip for DD8. DH has been more than 5 times. This will be the 3rd time on the summit for DH and I.

Which way the ship docks at RND depends on many thing, and can change quickly -- bottom line, it's up to the Captain.

Two weeks ago, at our CC Connections Party, we asked the Hotel Director which side we would be docking, and he said "port". But, when we got to Bermuda, we encountered gale-force winds (which, sadly, lasted the whole three days). Our docking was delayed, because Breakaway was having difficulty getting tied down in her berth. And, when we finally did dock -- it wasn't port, but starboard-side.

We enjoyed the view of RND from our starboard balcony, and the gangway was directly below our cabin. But, I would not have wanted to be in an aft cabin for this one. For one thing, you'd just have had a view of the back end of Breakaway. There is also an eyesore "pirate party boat" that is moored very near Breakaway. Whatever their DJ plays -- that passes for music -- it's LOUD! We tried to sit out on our balcony late one evening -- but the unrelenting winds, and the infernal racket from that pirate boat, quickly drove us back inside.

Edited by wwcruisers

Which way the ship docks at RND depends on many thing, and can change quickly -- bottom line, it's up to the Captain.

Two weeks ago, at our CC Connections Party, we asked the Hotel Director which side we would be docking, and he said "port". But, when we got to Bermuda, we encountered gale-force winds (which, sadly, lasted the whole three days). Our docking was delayed, because Breakaway was having difficulty getting tied down in her berth. And, when we finally did dock -- it wasn't port, but starboard-side.

We enjoyed the view of RND from our starboard balcony, and the gangway was directly below our cabin. But, I would not have wanted to be in an aft cabin for this one. For one thing, you'd just have had a view of the back end of Breakaway. There is also an eyesore "pirate party boat" that is moored very near Breakaway. Whatever their DJ plays -- that passes for music -- it's LOUD! We tried to sit out on our balcony late one evening -- but the unrelenting winds, and the infernal racket from that pirate boat, quickly drove us back inside.

Yikes! Sounds like a bad experience. First the wind (saw the waves pounding the dock on the harbor cam), and then the noise from the pirate ship. How late did the noise go to? Not fair to the thousands of people trying to sleep on the cruise ships.

Yikes! Sounds like a bad experience. First the wind (saw the waves pounding the dock on the harbor cam), and then the noise from the pirate ship. How late did the noise go to? Not fair to the thousands of people trying to sleep on the cruise ships.

Well, it was after 11:00 pm when we finally gave up and went inside. Fortunately, we couldn't hear the infernal racket, with the cabin door closed. Quite a difference from our Summit to Bermuda cruise, last fall. We had an aft cabin for that one, and the ship docked port-side. We sat on balcony at night, watching the flash of the Gibbs Hill lighthouse in the distance, listening to the performers above us in the Sunset Bar. :cool:

we are dockside on the breakaway last year and that gets you the sunsets! also, we got to see 2 people miss the boat and running for it. that was AWESOME when they got left behind and had to shuttled over on a tugboat.

• 4 weeks later...

I was monitoring this for quite a few weeks before we left and they were switching every week from one side to the other. Then the Dawn ran aground and ever since then they continued to dock port side. We were starboard and faced out over the water which was really nice and relaxing and at first I thought I was disappointed but really wasn't.

The June 21st sailing docked portside and we had an aft facing cabin. Great views and we didn't have to look at the "monster". We loved it. We also got some really nice sunset pictures. :D

We have an act cabin on the August 23 sailing. Hoping for the same. 2013, we were stuck looking at the act of that monster for 3 days.

We have an act cabin on the August 23 sailing. Hoping for the same. 2013, we were stuck looking at the act of that monster for 3 days.

Oh, how awful. Can't imagine looking at a huge ugly rear for 3 days. :p ;)

Edited by midwestchick

Good thing you are not on this week's cruise. They are stern to stern this week.

I'll honestly be happy to be in Bermuda no matter which way the ships dock. I'll just be a little happier if the port side is the docked side. We don't spend much time in our room when we are docked anyway.