"Saved" cruises affect potential later offers?

greydog

I'm new to Oceania but have been reading many posts. I learned that sometimes Oceania makes incentive offers to pax to transfer their booking from a strong-selling trip (high demand cabin category) to another sailing.

My question - anyone have experience or indication that Oceania considers "saved' cruises in your Oceania planning account in contacting you for an offer?

I'm currently "GTY B3" on May '16 transoceanic trip that is significantly wait-listed already. I'd be open to shifting to May Alaska sailing that has no 'wait list' categories. Is there an effective way and preferred time window to make Oceania aware of my flexibility?

I could just shift my booking but would prefer not to lose ground on the pricing, perks I received for early booking the transoceanic. BTW, my long-time TA has minimal track record with Oceania.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I'm new to Oceania but have been reading many posts. I learned that sometimes Oceania makes incentive offers to pax to transfer their booking from a strong-selling trip (high demand cabin category) to another sailing.

My question - anyone have experience or indication that Oceania considers "saved' cruises in your Oceania planning account in contacting you for an offer?

I'm currently "GTY B3" on May '16 transoceanic trip that is significantly wait-listed already. I'd be open to shifting to May Alaska sailing that has no 'wait list' categories. Is there an effective way and preferred time window to make Oceania aware of my flexibility?

I could just shift my booking but would prefer not to lose ground on the pricing, perks I received for early booking the transoceanic. BTW, my long-time TA has minimal track record with Oceania.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sounds like you used the wrong TA. The TA would be the only one to comunicate with Oceania. Once you have a TA they will not speak to you but you can ask the TA let O know that you are open to move offers. Good luck!

I would not think having something in your "saved" section is going to affect any offers

If they want your cabin they will make the offers regardless

I had nothing in my saved file but yet the offers came to move off our TA

You may have to wait a few2 more months before any offers come

people typical book TA's a year or more in advance but some will cancel closer to Final payment

JMO

Edited by LHT28

If offers are going to be made, they will come in closer to final payment as LHT28 said.. Also the demand on the type of cabin you are in will play a big part of what you are offered. Like everyone else, our TA just started sending us (almost weekly) offers (that just got better and better) for about 3-4 months prior to our recent Sydney to Auckland cruise. These were for shoulder trips on each side of our cruise. For example, Auckland to Papeete, etc. I'm fairly certain they had nothing to do with saved cruises since we didn't have any. :)

Let your TA know and have him/her coordinate this with Oceania but plan for your original cruise just in case.

It just depends on O's whim.

We had a terrific move off offer almost 1 year before our cruise, we took the move off offer and rebooked the original cruise.

They just had space to sell, our initial cruise never did sell out.

If offers are going to be made, they will come in closer to final payment as LHT28 said.. Also the demand on the type of cabin you are in will play a big part of what you are offered. Like everyone else, our TA just started sending us (almost weekly) offers (that just got better and better) for about 3-4 months prior to our recent Sydney to Auckland cruise. These were for shoulder trips on each side of our cruise. For example, Auckland to Papeete, etc. I'm fairly certain they had nothing to do with saved cruises since we didn't have any. :)

Let your TA know and have him/her coordinate this with Oceania but plan for your original cruise just in case.

I'm on basically the same cruise next year that you were on from Sydney to Auckland. There are a couple of folks on our Roll Call that reported move over offers at 16 months out.

I'm on basically the same cruise next year that you were on from Sydney to Auckland. There are a couple of folks on our Roll Call that reported move over offers at 16 months out.

They are trying to fill the upcoming cruises that are not selling well

Do as Lou & Marsha take the offer then rebook the current cruise

win win :D

It just depends on O's whim.

We had a terrific move off offer almost 1 year before our cruise, we took the move off offer and rebooked the original cruise.

They just had space to sell, our initial cruise never did sell out.

Wow, now that's just crazy on Oceania's part.....