Golden Review, Photos & Full Ship Video Tour (Coming soon!)

Sheebah

Hi to all you happy cruisers,

I have previously mentioned the great video tour of the 2015 Full Tour of the Golden Princess by Sheebah and her husband, there has been many viewings of this fabulous video. I would like to encourage all you budding cruisers that maybe heading down under and sailing on the refurbished Golden Princess when she is deployed to Oz to email Princess Cruises in Sydney and get behind Sheebah so that Princess may acknowlede their great PR work that this video has done for Princess. I think over 7000 viewings of this video shows the depth of the quality of this video and what it is and will do in the future to help publicise their ships and get more cruisers on board. Let's get Sheebah down to Oz and New Zealand so she can do a video of the refurbished Dawn Princess.

If you are interested there are (2) email addresses that I have found that may help.

info.princess@carnivalaustralia.com

infor@princesscruises.com

ps I do not work for Princess or any affliates, I just love cruising on Princess and I personally like to acknowledge people that have gone above and beyond, it is just my small way of saying thankyou.:):)

I'm speechless! Thank you ever so much for the compliments on our videos and for taking that incredibly kind step. My husband takes the video quality very seriously and will also be very touched by this gesture.

Hope that all is well for you and yours down under! Cheers and happy cruising from sunny (and dry) California!

Ps- if I hear from Princess, you'll be the first to hear.

Yes! Your voice is very soooothing! You sound a lot like some of the Princess videos narrator. I was lulled!! :D

You also had an instinctive knack of knowing just what a newbie cruiser would be interested in!

I did want to get in a pool, but knew access might be challenging for me. Well I now know, there's at least 1 pool where I should be able to enjoy myself, and also a hot tub! My photography's nowhere near your skills, but I intend to try a "Selfie in the pool and also in the hot tub," and will be very careful to keep the camera OUT of the water!

Hi to all you happy cruisers,

I have previously mentioned the great video tour of the 2015 Full Tour of the Golden Princess by Sheebah and her husband, there has been many viewings of this fabulous video. I would like to encourage all you budding cruisers that maybe heading down under and sailing on the refurbished Golden Princess when she is deployed to Oz to email Princess Cruises in Sydney and get behind Sheebah so that Princess may acknowlede their great PR work that this video has done for Princess. I think over 7000 viewings of this video shows the depth of the quality of this video and what it is and will do in the future to help publicise their ships and get more cruisers on board. Let's get Sheebah down to Oz and New Zealand so she can do a video of the refurbished Dawn Princess.

If you are interested there are (2) email addresses that I have found that may help.

info.princess@carnivalaustralia.com

infor@princesscruises.com

ps I do not work for Princess or any affliates, I just love cruising on Princess and I personally like to acknowledge people that have gone above and beyond, it is just my small way of saying thankyou.:):)

And if this plan of yours works, I will be the first to buy you a Sam's sidekick, my favorite gin and grapefruit cocktailsonboard!

You've made our weekend!

Edited by Sheebah

You also had an instinctive knack of knowing just what a newbie cruiser would be interested in!

I did want to get in a pool, but knew access might be challenging for me. Well I now know, there's at least 1 pool where I should be able to enjoy myself, and also a hot tub! My photography's nowhere near your skills, but I intend to try a "Selfie in the pool and also in the hot tub," and will be very careful to keep the camera OUT of the water!

Thank you. That is precisely our goal.

I'm not much of a photographer either however I believe in taking 100 photos to get 5 good ones!

Yes! Your voice is very soooothing! You sound a lot like some of the Princess videos narrator. I was lulled!! :D

Haha, thank you! It takes considerable effort to put on my "soothing tone". In my day job as a recruiter, I talk ALL day long - my husband differentiates that as my "work voice".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great pictures of Tracy Arm. It's too bad so many captains choose to turn around well before the glacier, even when there's no obvious ice in the way and other ships have gone in the day before. The last time, the excuse was that they wanted to get to Skagway on time. We were out of Tracy Arm several hours early, sat around for a while at its entrance, and were in Skagway two hours before schedule.

P1000848.jpg

Hi, here is how to transfer to a larger pic. sign up for photo bucket. after you upload your pics you put them in a album. click on any photo and it will make it larger. Once you have the photo up you will be given four options; just to the right of your photo you will see a share link; you want the bottom link which is IMG. Right click on you picture and copy the image address, then click on the IMG area and you will see (copied); go back to cruise critic and open or start your thread; right click mouse and paste. It will paste the URL and when you post the pic will look like this pic above. BTW; this was taken from our cabin on NCL Jade in May. I usually have both cruise critic and photo bucket opened together so I can copy and paste like this. It takes about a minute to do; you can also copy and paste more than one pic in your thread. Hope this helps. Loved your video on You Tube. I booked marked the video so I can watch later. Cheers

Edited by AF-1

P1000848.jpg

Hi, here is how to transfer to a larger pic. sign up for photo bucket. after you upload your pics you put them in a album. click on any photo and it will make it larger. Once you have the photo up you will be given four options; just to the right of your photo you will see a share link; you want the bottom link which is IMG. Right click on you picture and copy the image address, then click on the IMG area and you will see (copied); go back to cruise critic and open or start your thread; right click mouse and paste. It will paste the URL and when you post the pic will look like this pic above. BTW; this was taken from our cabin on NCL Jade in May. I usually have both cruise critic and photo bucket opened together so I can copy and paste like this. It takes about a minute to do; you can also copy and paste more than one pic in your thread. Hope this helps. Loved your video on You Tube. I booked marked the video so I can watch later. Cheers

Gorgeous photo, and thanks for the photo bucket instructions. Cc is the best community of cruisers who want to help one another.

I need to get an account, just haven't yet! I use shutterfly and that link option is not available.

Great pictures of Tracy Arm. It's too bad so many captains choose to turn around well before the glacier, even when there's no obvious ice in the way and other ships have gone in the day before. The last time, the excuse was that they wanted to get to Skagway on time. We were out of Tracy Arm several hours early, sat around for a while at its entrance, and were in Skagway two hours before schedule.

I couldn't agree more. We were not able to see the glacier on our first Alaskan cruise and we were so disappointed - I have had better luck with glacier bay.

Yes, Colo Cruisers photo matches what we had.

We pack a few clothespins to secure soggy swimwear to the line.

Thanks so much. I thought so, but wanted to be sure.

I have loved your review and videos, nice job.

We are sailing in 40 days to Australia via Hawaii, Tahiti and NZ on the Golden!! So excited, your review was so helpful!

Thanks so much. I thought so, but wanted to be sure.

I have loved your review and videos, nice job.

We are sailing in 40 days to Australia via Hawaii, Tahiti and NZ on the Golden!! So excited, your review was so helpful!

That itinerary sounds so neat. Post pics on your return!!! 40 DAYS - SO CLOSE! !!!

Nice not to have to pack quarters anymore.:)

Except Deck 5 this small laundry room uses quarters. The other decks 10 and 12 use your passenger room card. I found out the hard way trying to do laundry before dinner one night carrying my laundry from floor to floor. Finished it all in time.

Except Deck 5 this small laundry room uses quarters. The other decks 10 and 12 use your passenger room card. I found out the hard way trying to do laundry before dinner one night carrying my laundry from floor to floor. Finished it all in time.

I didn't know that! Thaks for the heads up!!