Golden Review, Photos & Full Ship Video Tour (Coming soon!)

Sheebah

Okay tbarton...here's my test run...can u see the photo or is it still appearing as a link? Trying this from my phone.

No it's still a link.

If you email me at trbarton743@aol.com I can walk you through the details of what you need to do, at least with photo bucket.

Glad to help as this is how I learned.

When I copy and past the photo bucket codes in the IMG box I get the image you see.

DSC_0618_zpsd2b0e6ad.jpg

Anyone else interested in how this works please email me.

Tom:D

Tracy Arm Part 2- icebergs and frozen Margaritas.

As we approached the glacier, the icebergs became thicker, the air colder, and the passengers more silent. We saw endless waterfalls that started hundreds of feet up the passage walls, and plunged into the sea. We saw icebergs… some blue, and some whitish. No whale or bear sightings today. I saw a gentleman enjoying a frosty melon margarita and decided this was the time to enjoy a spiked treat, so I fetched a bartender and ordered an icy margarita from the margarita bar one deck to share with Mom. It was quite funny to be sipping such a cold drink it hot chocolate weather, but ended up being a highlight of the day. After a few hours of the most amazing, peaceful journey through the passageway to Tracy Arm, we arrived at the end point, as close as the captain was willing to get (I’ve been closer, but this wasn’t bad). The captain did the standard ship rotation- positioned the ship in one direction for viewing, then switched after 30 minutes or so to allow the other side of the ship to view. We didn’t witness any calving on this trip, nor did we get as close as we came to the glacier in Glacier Bay, but it was beautiful.

TIP if you are heading to a glacier soon: An interesting thing happened when the ship turned and left the actual glacier in the late afternoon. 90% of the passengers left the decks, leaving the outer areas open and silent during some of the most scenic hours on the entire cruise, heading out of the passageway to the main channel. My son and I jumped in a hot tub to enjoy the view in warmth, but my husband roamed the decks and filmed for HOURS, marveling at how vacant the outer decks were. I assume people were getting chilly, and ready to go dress for dinner, but it is something I won’t miss on future cruises. By 7pm, we were cruising back into the open channels, bound for Haines.

1434419571103.jpg.1beb6ccd7d981183b0f1c76ec904b9db.jpg

1434419587952.jpg.eb2e3e30960617f7bc2dbbb0c60db08c.jpg

1434419691478.jpg.67d08f98c2821b2d3cf1eca62a9f1e51.jpg

1434419741176.jpg.f5ecb7aa33ac36b76ec9d65b52337f19.jpg

1434419779761.jpg.04740b865b7037dd0950bb3c5c221a43.jpg

1434419847951.jpg.01a32f894ba1059bad7537216439eebe.jpg

1434419863544.jpg.cbf52153102dd4a2d74bfa9dab0a565c.jpg

1434419931726.jpg.7776c5abcb268cad98220481a0ee5013.jpg

Great review! All my concerns about getting around the ship with my Rollator have been addressed-I see for myself the access is quite good, I expected the Horizon Court would be challenging with the Rollator so I'm not blocking other people's easy access. Looks like I and the International Café will be VERY friendly, grabbing something and sitting out in the Piazza to minimise obstruction to others.

I have been advised by a friend to wear a rashie vest over my swimsuit to protect me from sunburn-travelling alone so applying sunblock to my own back is a challenge-so I was delighted to see a pool with easy access into the water-must remember to bring a strap to secure my walking sticks to the railings while I'm in the pool as I will need them as soon as I get out, not real safe walking without them! Have got vinyl sandals so can manage in the pool and getting out, it's just keeping the sticks handy that was concerning me. I DO like the look of the hot tubs!

Have already noted to make reservations for Sabatinis, the Crown Grill and if offered, the Crab Shack as soon as possible.

It's just over 73 weeks and 2 days as far as I can calculate before I come aboard! I will be taking LOTS of still photographs to share with friends-did note respectfully that I may need to use the flash on the camera for clear photos. No criticism of your photography skills intended-I don't know HOW to make a video, but I have limited eyesight so lighting is 1 area I'm personally fussy about for my own safety under Dr's orders! I will certainly be checking out the Vines Shop re souvenirs-THANK YOU for the "Heads Up" as I'd been thinking more Calypso Cove.

Crochetcruise :cool:

Great review! All my concerns about getting around the ship with my Rollator have been addressed-I see for myself the access is quite good, I expected the Horizon Court would be challenging with the Rollator so I'm not blocking other people's easy access. Looks like I and the International Café will be VERY friendly, grabbing something and sitting out in the Piazza to minimise obstruction to others.

I have been advised by a friend to wear a rashie vest over my swimsuit to protect me from sunburn-travelling alone so applying sunblock to my own back is a challenge-so I was delighted to see a pool with easy access into the water-must remember to bring a strap to secure my walking sticks to the railings while I'm in the pool as I will need them as soon as I get out, not real safe walking without them! Have got vinyl sandals so can manage in the pool and getting out, it's just keeping the sticks handy that was concerning me. I DO like the look of the hot tubs!

Have already noted to make reservations for Sabatinis, the Crown Grill and if offered, the Crab Shack as soon as possible.

It's just over 73 weeks and 2 days as far as I can calculate before I come aboard! I will be taking LOTS of still photographs to share with friends-did note respectfully that I may need to use the flash on the camera for clear photos. No criticism of your photography skills intended-I don't know HOW to make a video, but I have limited eyesight so lighting is 1 area I'm personally fussy about for my own safety under Dr's orders! I will certainly be checking out the Vines Shop re souvenirs-THANK YOU for the "Heads Up" as I'd been thinking more Calypso Cove.

Crochetcruise :cool:

YES! Access on this ship is excellent, and you'll be very comfortable. You're so right, use that flash...there are lots of "low light" areas on the ship. Have a fabulous trip.

I thought your video was professionally done and your voice is calm and soothing just like a cruise. Well done!!

One thing tho...who's coffee cup keeps showing up?? :)

Lol! Not our coffee cups, but people DO leave them everywhere!

Really nice video. Princess should be paying you guys to go on cruises and do promotional videos.

Two things that brought a chuckle. Vista Lounge: "Not a bad seat in the house"; Have you ever sat behind one of those pillars, or, way off to the left or right side, or, on the couch with someone who is 6' plus tall in the chair on the same tier in front of you? :rolleyes: Also, "Skywalkers comes to life at night"....hmm, in our experience not so much unless there was a two-for-one happy hour up there.

We'll keep those items our secret. :cool:

Well done and very professional. Thanks for sharing.

Really nice video. Princess should be paying you guys to go on cruises and do promotional videos.

Two things that brought a chuckle. Vista Lounge: "Not a bad seat in the house"; Have you ever sat behind one of those pillars, or, way off to the left or right side, or, on the couch with someone who is 6' plus tall in the chair on the same tier in front of you? :rolleyes: Also, "Skywalkers comes to life at night"....hmm, in our experience not so much unless there was a two-for-one happy hour up there.

We'll keep those items our secret. :cool:

Well done and very professional. Thanks for sharing.

Well, I must say my hubby laughed aloud about Skywalkers too and yah, you're SO RIGHT about pillars. I am 5ft, 0 inches and always get stuck behind people with big hair..hey thanks for your honest...I know you're laughing WITH me, as they say :-)

To Sheebah,

What a fabulous video of the Golden Princess, we down in Oz have been waiting to see what she looks like on the inside. I agree Princess should be either paying you or at least giving you a cruise for this great presentation.

You have a great voice, very easy to listen to, you gave ample time to see the various venues, very professional.

My grandson will be very pleased with Vines as he loves Sushi and I will love the International Cafe. There are many places to go and see and lots of nooks and crannies to get lost in.

Could you please let us know which food venues you have to pay for and which ones comes with the package. ie is there a charge for the Sushi at Vines and a charge for the great cakes at the International Cafe, I just need to know so I can top my cc. up before I come cruising later in the year.

It looks like I will be doing a lot of walking around the Promenade Deck with all that food that is on offer.

Once again, thank you for the time and love you have put into this video.

Best Wishes :):)

Could you please let us know which food venues you have to pay for and which ones comes with the package. ie is there a charge for the Sushi at Vines and a charge for the great cakes at the International Cafe, I just need to know so I can top my cc. up before I come cruising later in the year.

All food at the IC is free.

Sushi is free at Vines with drink purchase.

Main dining rooms, buffet, burger grill, pizza counter, soft-serve ice cream counter all included.

Room service food (except for party items) is included, but there is a $3 charge for pizza from room service.

Extra cost are the steak house and Sabatini's Italian restaurant. Crab Shack, if held, also is not free.

A charge for soda at all times. Juice is included at breakfast, extra cost at other times except for children in the dining room. No charge for regular dining room and buffet and room service coffee, but many do not like the taste of this which is made from a syrup. There is a charge for fresh brewed and specialty coffees. No charge for milk (except a charge for chocolate milk for adults).

Hi,

Thanks for the information for what venues charge and what is included in the package, most appreciated, it looks like I will be having to double up on my walking around the Promanede Deck, with all that great fresh air.

I love the coffee that was served in the Atrium coffee shop on the Dawn Princess, that was always my first stop to get a special cup of coffee, I think it was made with Belgium Chocolate and milk and ? not sure what but it was so silky smooth, that with the great cakes at the International Cafe.

I will let the other cruisers from Oz and New Zealand know. :):)

All food at the IC is free.

Sushi is free at Vines with drink purchase.

Main dining rooms, buffet, burger grill, pizza counter, soft-serve ice cream counter all included.

Room service food (except for party items) is included, but there is a $3 charge for pizza from room service.

Extra cost are the steak house and Sabatini's Italian restaurant. Crab Shack, if held, also is not free.

A charge for soda at all times. Juice is included at breakfast, extra cost at other times except for children in the dining room. No charge for regular dining room and buffet and room service coffee, but many do not like the taste of this which is made from a syrup. There is a charge for fresh brewed and specialty coffees. No charge for milk (except a charge for chocolate milk for adults).

Great explanation, thank u!

Fantastic video--thanks so much for sharing! We will be in the Golden soon and I was hoping that you could answer a question for me (you already kindly did so regarding the parking garage). I see that you traveled with your son--my 2 children (10 & 11) will be coming with my husband and I as well as my parents. My mom (who wears long underwear if it dips below 75 degrees--I am not kidding) says that it is always cold in the dining room and to bring warm clothes for the kids. Just wondering if I should be packing warmer or cooler clothes for the dining room, kids clubs, etc. I will probably pack both types but we are a bit restricted on luggage space, so I am trying to figure it all out--thanks!!

Fantastic video--thanks so much for sharing! We will be in the Golden soon and I was hoping that you could answer a question for me (you already kindly did so regarding the parking garage). I see that you traveled with your son--my 2 children (10 & 11) will be coming with my husband and I as well as my parents. My mom (who wears long underwear if it dips below 75 degrees--I am not kidding) says that it is always cold in the dining room and to bring warm clothes for the kids. Just wondering if I should be packing warmer or cooler clothes for the dining room, kids clubs, etc. I will probably pack both types but we are a bit restricted on luggage space, so I am trying to figure it all out--thanks!!

That is an excellent question. This was the first cruise of many where I actually found myself underdressed in the dining rooms, and by that I mean, my normal attire of sleeveless dresses were not enough to keep me warm. I ended up gravitating toward my long sleeved dresses and skirts with sweaters in the dining rooms. I used a shawl every time we went out walking or to the theatre as well. My mom was smarter and packed cords, sweaters and other cozy (but nice) dinner wear. In my opinion, they keep this ship too cold. We had great weather all week but I was often bundled.

For the kids.... You're wise to pack both types as the temperature will vary but my son wore nice jeans and either a long sleeved shirt with buttons or something similar in the dining rooms each evening. (However, With their agegroup of 10-12 they may not be as sensitive as my boy, but better to be prepared). Sometimes we even layered a tshirt underneath our sins dinner clothes. He wore one pair of shorts on the whole trip and he complained of being cold, as he often does (he's like your mom, lol!!). He's tiny and thin though, so we were prepared and Hoodies usually remedy the issue . Also, after long days of swimming and hot tubbing (the pools are warm and heavenly on golden), he was more tired, thus the chill.

In port, our son wore a rain coat in drizzle, and a ski jacket and hat in colder places, like glacier days for example.

I hope this helps you. Please ask anything at all.

Thanks for your video.

Do you which day of the cruise that they did the ultimate Ships Tour?

Thanks again.

Tom:)

I just scanned the patters and couldn't find it. I could only find the galley tour on the last sea day at 10:15am. I'm sorry :-(

I do recall hearing about it but can't find it in writing.

I just scanned the patters and couldn't find it. I could only find the galley tour on the last sea day at 10:15am. I'm sorry :-(

I do recall hearing about it but can't find it in writing.

The time is never listed in the Patter.

It is usually held on the last full day at sea, sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon.