Tobacco Bay chair rentals

jdro

We just came from Tobacco a little over 2 weeks ago.

The chairs are like the ones in these pictures. There is a cover that you can adjust in any direction, which I actually liked because you could move it as the sun moved without having to more the actual chair.

P6080783%20copy-L.jpg

As you can see from the next picture, the people in front of us had theirs all the way back since the sun was behind us at that point.

10592640_10153312529266772_2320122416602960506_n%20copy-L.jpg

If you are interested in seeing my pictures from our day there, you can find them all HERE.

We absolutely LOVED it there. Yea, maybe not the nicest beach, but it has some awesome snorkeling.

Hi, I apologize if this has been asked and answered, but my search only found old posts, are there chairs and umbrellas to rent? What other facilities? Thanks in advance!

Jennifer

That's all right yes there are:)

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for all this information.

Mistygirl, thank you very much for all your pictures. I so appreciate it.

I see a lot of people walking. I'll be with my family as well as my mom and

she will not be able to walk up/down that hill. Can I take a cab ride down the hill?

I am on the Breakaway next August (our third time) but we haven't been to Tobacco so thinking this will be something new. Once I am off the ship, how exactly do we get there. I would like the easiest way, not the most cost effective.

Thank you all so much!

she will not be able to walk up/down that hill. Can I take a cab ride down the hill?

I am on the Breakaway next August (our third time) but we haven't been to Tobacco so thinking this will be something new. Once I am off the ship, how exactly do we get there. I would like the easiest way, not the most cost effective.

Thank you all so much!

You can take a taxi there from either the ferry terminal to Tobacco Bay or walk to the St. George Town Square and take the taxi from there. You would want to see the town either before or after going to Tobacco Bay. It won't be expensive as it is a short trip from either location.

• 2 weeks later...
You can take a taxi there from either the ferry terminal to Tobacco Bay or walk to the St. George Town Square and take the taxi from there. You would want to see the town either before or after going to Tobacco Bay. It won't be expensive as it is a short trip from either location.

Perfect! Thank you Charles!

I appreciate your help!

Thank you all so much!

Hi, I just wanted to say that we just returned (today) from our Breakaway cruise and once again, we went to tobacco bay. IF you decide to take the HOHO (Hop On, Hop Off, beach bus for $6 and you can ride all day and go to different areas if you'd like), then they have changed their policy a little. Instead of dropping off the passengers at the top of the hill at the road that leads down to Tobacco Bay, they take you all the way down to the building now. :D Much much easier and nicer. (They also pick you up down there at the building as well). :)

Hi, I just wanted to say that we just returned (today) from our Breakaway cruise and once again, we went to tobacco bay. IF you decide to take the HOHO (Hop On, Hop Off, beach bus for $6 and you can ride all day and go to different areas if you'd like), then they have changed their policy a little. Instead of dropping off the passengers at the top of the hill at the road that leads down to Tobacco Bay, they take you all the way down to the building now. :D Much much easier and nicer. (They also pick you up down there at the building as well). :)

Thanks so much! Welcome back! Im reading your review too! Hope you had fun at Halloween party last night and cant wait to see more of your review! :)

We were in St. George last week (10/13) for the 2nd time on the Dawn, love the town, sites, shopping the reenactment etc....

My wife and I were shocked :eek: that in the Lobby of the Dawn they had a warning about Tobacco Bay advising people not to swim there as the town discharges raw sewage directly into the ocean about a mile out from the beach.:eek:

Has anybody else got warnings like this on your ship?:confused:

Is it true?:confused:

Edited by VtBowMan1

We were in St. George last week (10/13) for the 2nd time on the Dawn, love the town, sites, shopping the reenactment etc....

My wife and I were shocked :eek: that in the Lobby of the Dawn they had a warning about Tobacco Bay advising people not to swim there as the town discharges raw sewage directly into the ocean about a mile out from the beach.:eek:

Has anybody else got warnings like this on your ship?:confused:

Is it true?:confused:

It is true, but in all the cruises I've taken to Bermuda, including many on NCL, I can't ever recall seeing a warning from the cruise line about it.

I think the sign is a little odd given that I can't recall any sewage discharge problems in recent years at Tobacco Bay. If anything the more recent problems were at South Shore beaches near Elbow Beach.

I think this is a case of something NCL decided to do 10 years ago and no one has bothered to check if it's still necessary so they continue to post the notice because they always post the notice, not because there's a real problem.

FWIW, they could probably post that type of notice at almost every port the ship visits outside the US.

Edited by njhorseman