Shuttle or Taxi

CruisingLover

Hi

We will be going on Oasis in January 2016. We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale and heading to Gallery One Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale pre cruise for 2 nights. There will be 5 of us with all of our luggage and I was wondering if it's cheaper to get a shuttle, or a taxi and how do we go about getting either one?

If we opt for a shuttle, do we arrange that ahead of time and, if so, how? I'm assuming if we go with taxi, we just get one when we gather our luggage?

Also, from the hotel to the ship, same question.....taxi or shuttle?

Thanks!

Tracy

We have done this both ways..taxi and shuttle, on different trips. This last time we used QLS shuttle from Miami port to FLL. They were fantastic. We set it up online and they call you to confirm. We were running early when we got off the ship and they arranged for an earlier shuttle to pick us up within 10 min so we didn't have to wait outside for over an hour.

I will say, the last time we took a taxi from port at Fort Lauderdale to Gallery One after our cruise, the cab driver was angry. He complained the entire way that he thought we were going to the airport (we never said that) and that he gets more money going to airport (which is closer, so I don't understand). My husband kept telling him "don't worry, we will take care of you", but he was annoyed.

When we left Gallery One for the airport the next day, the hotel got us a large SUV taxi to come and take all five of us to the airport, so that worked out well. We requested it from the guys out front and I think they had the car there within 15 min. You could probably do the same going to the port.

BTW,Gallery One is in a great location:)

Every hotel we've ever stayed at either has a shuttle service they use to take guests to the cruise terminal, or a shuttle service they recommend - you call them yourselves and make the arrangements. I would contact your hotel and ask who they recommend. We always stay at a Hilton/Hampton. In Tampa they arrange the shuttle; however, in Vancouver, B.C., we have to make the arrangements but they recommend the shuttle service. Enjoy your cruise!

We have done this both ways..taxi and shuttle, on different trips. This last time we used QLS shuttle from Miami port to FLL. They were fantastic. We set it up online and they call you to confirm. We were running early when we got off the ship and they arranged for an earlier shuttle to pick us up within 10 min so we didn't have to wait outside for over an hour.

I will say, the last time we took a taxi from port at Fort Lauderdale to Gallery One after our cruise, the cab driver was angry. He complained the entire way that he thought we were going to the airport (we never said that) and that he gets more money going to airport (which is closer, so I don't understand). My husband kept telling him "don't worry, we will take care of you", but he was annoyed.

When we left Gallery One for the airport the next day, the hotel got us a large SUV taxi to come and take all five of us to the airport, so that worked out well. We requested it from the guys out front and I think they had the car there within 15 min. You could probably do the same going to the port.

BTW,Gallery One is in a great location:)

I tried calling QLS. There were 3 different numbers. The first one I called, someone speaking Spanish answered, said something really fast and hung up. The other 2 numbers I called, no one answered.....just rang and rang and rang and rang.....

Needless to say, we will not be using that company.

Every hotel we've ever stayed at either has a shuttle service they use to take guests to the cruise terminal, or a shuttle service they recommend - you call them yourselves and make the arrangements. I would contact your hotel and ask who they recommend. We always stay at a Hilton/Hampton. In Tampa they arrange the shuttle; however, in Vancouver, B.C., we have to make the arrangements but they recommend the shuttle service. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks. I called the hotel and they suggested ACT Shuttle. Anyone have any experience with this company? The rate they gave me for 5 people was $55.25 from the airport to the hotel. Is that a decent rate??

depends on the Vancouver Hotel. Hampton Inn has a shuttle but it is so close you can get a cab for about $10 CAN. Or walk if you are by the pier or taking Canada Line train.

Last cruise we used a taxi. It cost us $20 from the hotel (about 10-15 minute ride) to the pier. From pier to airport we used a taxi. Cost was $20.

Our hotel (as most do) was offering shuttles to the pier. Cost was around $8-$10 per person.

We chose the taxi option because with the shuttle service, it stops at several hotels, adding passengers, until full THEN heads to the pier, where it drops off passengers at the various ship terminals. We paid $20 and went from hotel directly to the ship. No other passengers - no other stops. We could fit 4 people and luggage in one taxi. And the hotel called to arrange it for us.