On the Maasdam now

amster65

Happy you enjoyed sunny weather. It makes a difference on that itinerary, IMO

So good to hear Maasdam is still providing wonderful cruises. She is by far one of my two favorites.

Enjoy the rest of your time aboard. :)

On the second leg of my b2b. No more Noro.

Did the ship start out code red from Boston? And then, on the B2B from Montreal, did they impose it again as a precaution? I ask because I am booked in August and hope I don't have to endure precautionary code reds on each leg :(

Did the ship start out code red from Boston? And then, on the B2B from Montreal, did they impose it again as a precaution? I ask because I am booked in August and hope I don't have to endure precautionary code reds on each leg :(

I would expect that you would, as HAL treats that as 2 separate cruises (for most passengers). Very often HAL will run code red for the first 2 days of a cruise.

Very often HAL will run code red for the first 2 days of a cruise.

HAL was running Code Orange for the first two days of the cruise for the last several years. That is very different from Code Red.

Recently, HAL has stopped implementing Code Orange as standard procedure. When you board, it is self-serve in the Lido, which Code Orange did not allow.

HAL was running Code Orange for the first two days of the cruise for the last several years. That is very different from Code Red.

Recently, HAL has stopped implementing Code Orange as standard procedure. When you board, it is self-serve in the Lido, which Code Orange did not allow.

Thank you for the correction.

I keep asking on the Boston to montreal Trip what are the formal nights thanks

I have been told that the Bar Harbor night and second night sailing up the St. Lawrence towards Quebec City are formal nights ...subject to change:rolleyes: At least that is what I am counting on for our July 4th cruise. I have booked specialty dining on other nights.

Laurie

Thanks so much for this news! I am taking my mom on the Montreal to Boston trip which leaves July 25th. I hope this all holds true for our trip. It's been a long time in the making!

Any others news about the Maasdam these days you would share?

Formal nights are Bar Harbor night and sea day night. Halifax today another sunny. Jamm the piano man doing Rodgers and Hammerstein tonight, saw it I last leg, fantastic. Guitar guy also very good in the mix, Neptunes, Hall Cats so so. Neptunes supposed to play ballroom dancing music, instead it's a jazz band. Did a few dances anyway. Did not go to many shows most were just ok, or bad.

Yes first two days no salt shakers food handed out, from Montreal it was back to normal.