FCC Is this a mistake?

I booked a balcony for our next cruise. Had purchased FCC on last tri. Just noticed on my booking confirmation I only receive 30.00 on board credit instead of 50.00. Looked on my FCC confirmation deposit letter and the credit stated for outside is 30.00 and also 30.00 for balcony and suites. Is this a typo mistake or did the OBC change?

I booked a balcony for our next cruise. Had purchased FCC on last tri. Just noticed on my booking confirmation I only receive 30.00 on board credit instead of 50.00. Looked on my FCC confirmation deposit letter and the credit stated for outside is 30.00 and also 30.00 for balcony and suites. Is this a typo mistake or did the OBC change?
No. This isn't a mistake. Since you haven't actually booked a cruise with the FCC, there's no real value yet. Once you book your cruise using your FCC, the actual OBC will be applied to your booking, up to $150.

Oops... Re-read your post and saw that you have already booked your cruise. Double check with Princess.

Edited by Pam in CA

Who did you book with Princess or a TA. My Princess paperwork says $25 for 3 to 6 days and $50 for 7 - 10 days Balcony or Suite

That agrees with my most recent FCC letter.

No. This isn't a mistake. Since you haven't actually booked a cruise with the FCC, there's no real value yet. Once you book your cruise using your FCC, the actual OBC will be applied to your booking, up to $150.

Oops... Re-read your post and saw that you have already booked your cruise. Double check with Princess.

I already booked it and it says FCC on my booking>

Did you purchase the FCC onboard your last cruise or after the fact?

Good question. I have read posts stating that you can purchase FCC shortly after your cruise but you get less OBC.

Good question. I have read posts stating that you can purchase FCC shortly after your cruise but you get less OBC.

Looks like that is the reason since your letter and your conformation both say the $30.

Interestingly enough, I thought I had purchased 3 FCCs while aboard the Regal Princess in May.I filled out the form, requested three for a total of $300, and just received my credit card statement indicating only $100 had been charged. I called, and by way of explanation, Princess tells me that in order to purchase more than one, you have to personally hand it to an agent while aboard ship rather than drop it in the slot. I've always dropped my multiple orders into the slot, never a problem in the past. It seems at the very least they should post this new policy in the vicinity of the drop box. At any rate, they now offer to sell me the "welcome home" FCCs with the lesser OBC amounts. Doesn't seem like a fair resolution to me. :rolleyes: But at any rate, anyone interested in purchasing while still aboard more than one FCC for future b2b cruises should be forewarned you have to hand in your request form to a live human being rather than drop it into the slot provided.

Interestingly enough, I thought I had purchased 3 FCCs while aboard the Regal Princess in May.I filled out the form, requested three for a total of $300, and just received my credit card statement indicating only $100 had been charged. I called, and by way of explanation, Princess tells me that in order to purchase more than one, you have to personally hand it to an agent while aboard ship rather than drop it in the slot. I've always dropped my multiple orders into the slot, never a problem in the past. It seems at the very least they should post this new policy in the vicinity of the drop box. At any rate, they now offer to sell me the "welcome home" FCCs with the lesser OBC amounts. Doesn't seem like a fair resolution to me. :rolleyes: But at any rate, anyone interested in purchasing while still aboard more than one FCC for future b2b cruises should be forewarned you have to hand in your request form to a live human being rather than drop it into the slot provided.

Hopefully they gave you good information but thanks for letting us know. We normally get 2 each so from now on will be there and hand it in to a live person. :)

We recently did a BVE to buy FCCs. Turned in a request for 1 (dropped in the box), then before we got off decided it would be prudent to buy 2 more. Filled out another form for 2 and dropped in the box. A couple of days later, I realized that the credit card # I had used to make the booking was not longer valid.:eek: There was a security breach and I had been sent a new card.

Called Princess and explained. The rep said that she could see where the FCC consultant had tried to put the card through twice and it bounced back both times. The phone rep offered to take the new number and apply all 3 FCCs. No problem. I got the regular FCC (not the "welcome home" FCC).

Next time we are on a cruise, I will double check with the FCC consultant, because we will be buying more FCCs. We have used all of the FCCs we bought:D

We recently did a BVE to buy FCCs. Turned in a request for 1 (dropped in the box), then before we got off decided it would be prudent to buy 2 more. Filled out another form for 2 and dropped in the box. A couple of days later, I realized that the credit card # I had used to make the booking was not longer valid.:eek: There was a security breach and I had been sent a new card.

Called Princess and explained. The rep said that she could see where the FCC consultant had tried to put the card through twice and it bounced back both times. The phone rep offered to take the new number and apply all 3 FCCs. No problem. I got the regular FCC (not the "welcome home" FCC).

Next time we are on a cruise, I will double check with the FCC consultant, because we will be buying more FCCs. We have used all of the FCCs we bought:D

I'm wondering how recently this took place?? I dropped in my order for three FCCs on May 1. I was given the information about having to be personally present just today. There was no indication from the rep as to when this became their operating policy.

Ackk.:confused: This is news to me. We always buy a minimum of two FCC, sometimes more. If this is the case, they need to put that in writing on the very form they give us to fill out our FCC request. Without disclosure, they are being deceptive. We always use the slot just for its convenience because the office isn't always open and there often is a slow line of people just to get into the office. This is disappointing.

Is this something new since they have begun allowing people to purchase the FCC while not actually on a cruise?

Edited by iceleven

Just trying to find some history on this topic I came up with this. There is also talk of having to use these within 60 days???

http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1900262

It seems pretty clear that you have 60 days after your cruise to purchase the "welcome home" FCC. Other than the lesser amount of OBC I don't think there is a difference.

I am unhappy to hear about having to physically connect with the consultant in order to purchase multiple FCC while onboard. This has never been the case in the past. Hopefully someone can get more firm info from Princess. This could just be a case of someone screwing up and then the rep trying to cover the error.

I will definitely be wanting to purchase more FCC on our next cruise. We have two cruises booked and that only leaves us one FCC each. We definitely need to have more than that on hand!

It seems pretty clear that you have 60 days after your cruise to purchase the "welcome home" FCC. Other than the lesser amount of OBC I don't think there is a difference.

I am unhappy to hear about having to physically connect with the consultant in order to purchase multiple FCC while onboard. This has never been the case in the past. Hopefully someone can get more firm info from Princess. This could just be a case of someone screwing up and then the rep trying to cover the error.

I will definitely be wanting to purchase more FCC on our next cruise. We have two cruises booked and that only leaves us one FCC each. We definitely need to have more than that on hand!

Me thinks the FCC does not know what they are talking about. It does not make sense.

I am sure someone can verify on a current or recent cruise.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I called Princess a few days ago and was given the story about having to personally turn the order form in to a rep on board in order to purchase multiple FCCs. When I replied that I have always purchased multiple FCCs using the order form -- including 3 I purchased via a BVE in San Francisco -- I was told the person with the most knowledge of the policy was off until the 18th, and would call me back on her return. She called me back today as promised and repeated the policy. Definitely seems it's not being enforced consistently, though. Now I'm wondering if someone just screwed up my order and this is a cover story. Oh, well. Just disappointed. Not worth stewing about. But I guess I will have to wait in line next time to be sure I receive what I'm requesting. Just hope I don't need extras before then for a b2b2b.