Suite upgrades

We will be sailing on the Breakaway in a few weeks= we are in a Haven Foward Facing suite- while we are very excited, as the suite looks wonderful, I was wondering if NCL ever offers complimentary upgrades. We would love an aft suite if it is available.

If complimentary upgrades are offered, do you have to call and request or will NCL contact you?

Thanks,

Watch the prices online. If you see a price you like, call to get it. The prices change daily, btw. I would look every morning by 9am. Sometimes there is one day with a big dip down and that's the price to grab. By the next day it will be up again.

Keep in mind, if you booked with a travel agent, changing or upgrading can cause you to lose your perks from the travel agent such as OBC, so check about that BEFORE you change.

Watch the prices online. If you see a price you like, call to get it. The prices change daily, btw. I would look every morning by 9am. Sometimes there is one day with a big dip down and that's the price to grab. By the next day it will be up again.

Keep in mind, if you booked with a travel agent, changing or upgrading can cause you to lose your perks from the travel agent such as OBC, so check about that BEFORE you change.

I booked directly with NCL and would not be willing to lose any perks that is one of the reasons I no longer use any TA's not worth it to me

Thanks

We will be sailing on the Breakaway in a few weeks= we are in a Haven Foward Facing suite- while we are very excited, as the suite looks wonderful, I was wondering if NCL ever offers complimentary upgrades. We would love an aft suite if it is available.

If complimentary upgrades are offered, do you have to call and request or will NCL contact you?

Thanks,

Very rare to be offered a comped upgrade. Very possible to buy an upgrade. Cost is usually the difference between what you paid and what the current price is.

Very rare to be offered a comped upgrade. Very possible to buy an upgrade. Cost is usually the difference between what you paid and what the current price is.

Same on Celebrity-but sometimes the upgrade is a bargain!

Thanks to all for the information!😀

Without being a party pooper, I have never heard (and please correct me if I'm wrong) of anyone already in the Haven being offered an upsell to an even higher Haven category.

I agree with Leavethekids with mom - not going to happen.

I have sailed in The Haven on Breakaway and Getaway three times in the past year and even though I spoke to A LOT of individuals in the Haven who were upsold from non-Haven categories, no offers came my way. In fact, on my last Breakaway sailing, there were 20 Haven suites available "above" my category 2 weeks before sailing and I was not contacted by NCL. My travel agent is fabulous at getting a hold of me the instant an offer becomes available.

Edited by Dr. Cocktail

We are on the jewel this Sat. last week the prices for a mini suite started dropping, I called Monday they told me $300 to upgrade, called Tues. they told me $160, on Wed. when I called they gave us and the couple we are cruising with upgrades from our balcony rooms to Mini suites at no charge, and now we are only 3 doors apart. Kept our OBC and our UBP with no taxes.

Edited by spotfish

We are on the jewel this Sat. last week the prices for a mini suite started dropping, I called Monday they told me $300 to upgrade, called Tues. they told me $160, on Wed. when I called they gave us and the couple we are cruising with upgrades from our balcony rooms to Mini suites at no charge, and now we are only 3 doors apart. Kept our OBC and our UBP with no taxes.

While not likely, I will call a few days before to see if I can upgrade.

Thanks

While not likely, I will call a few days before to see if I can upgrade.

Thanks

It's better to check the prices daily and make a move at the moment you favor it, there is no certain given decrease in price when nearing sail date. It could even go up.

edit; track your prices in an Excel sheet or use the cruise fish!

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Without being a party pooper, I have never heard (and please correct me if I'm wrong) of anyone already in the Haven being offered an upsell to an even higher Haven category.

I got an upsell from a Haven Spa Suite to a Deluxe Owners Suite on the Breakaway in Spring 2014.

Does it happen? Sometimes, but rare.

After all, then tend to sell out most suites, but sometimes they have some openings. On a related note, sometimes you can not even PAY for an upgrade. If the cabin is sold, no amount of money will get it for you.

As others have said.. watch the prices almost daily. If it drops, call and ask.

Given the high demand for those aft suites and your sail date in just a few weeks, I'd put money on all of them being taken, in fact, I doubt there is an aft balcony left at this point.

Actually a few are still available. No more forward facing suites available, we have one of those! I am thrilled with the ff suite- but the Aft suite looks amazing!

But, wouldn't pay anything close to it's current listed price.

Thanks again for all of the assistance!

...when I called they gave us ... upgrades from our balcony rooms to Mini suites at no charge

Congrats on the free upgrade and I would be happy if I were you as that was a nice gesture by NCL.

However, your situation may not be applicable to this thread as (1) Mini Suites aren't actually suite-level cabins as they don't come with any of the suite benefits (no early boarding, no butler, no concierge, etc..) and (2) The OP was asking about upgrades from a lower-level Haven suite cabin to a higher-end Haven unit (think of it as goign from the Penthouse to the DELUXE OWNER Suite) for FREE?

Generally, as others have stated in this thread, once NCL gets you in a suite the freebee's typically stop there. Now, someone in a suite CAN move from one suite to a higher-level suite...for a PRICE! :eek:

Edited by ndabunka

I doubt they care what room your in, if they think they can move you to another room that probably won't be sold to free up one that they can sell they will do it, they have one job and that is to sell every room on that ship. Like a lot of other things we buy, it's what you spend after the sale that makes them the most money.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually had a similar thing happen tonight ... I called to make payment on our aft PH suite for our fall cruise, and my PCC offered me a "complimentary upgrade" to a forward facing PH. I opted to stay in the aft even though the forward PH looks like a bigger cabin ;)