Elite Perks on Royal Caribbean ??

curtdesilets

While we prefer Celebrity for many reasons.....we were totally impressed with Diamond reciprocal perks on Oasis.(even though we did not like the ship) .

Diamond lounge was.a.great spot for morning lite breakfast...very private key card access and the Diamond rep was present to help with questions, bookings etc...very pleasant..

evening cocktails were held in a club...with a nice bar and lots of seating...great buffet that could easily replace dinner..

also enjoyed other perks mentioned already....wish we liked the Royal big ships more but Jewel and other Radiance class and Navigator were great.

Thanks for the information Hcat. We've just booked Oasis for next month, and the Diamond perks sound excellent !

Jewel doesn't have the DL yet, will get in drydock, but they do set aside Hollywood Odyssey in the Viking Crown for the evening cocktail hours. It has a dedicated bar and the crudites, etc.

Not sure about Diamond. As Diamond Plus I do get internet minutes. But I know they recently changed it from 45-60 minutes over the course of the cruise to must be used within a 24 hour period.

I also do get one free bag of laundry on a 6+ days (?) cruise. Again, don't remember if this applies to Diamond. And as I never use it, that might be gone.

They will leave a list in your cabin of the benefits loaded on your seapass.

HUH???? They give internet minutes and make you use them in a 24 hour period??! That seems silly! :eek::eek:

We sailed in a suite on Jewel a few years ago, and really loved their Concierge Lounge. It was small, but everyone enjoyed themselves and the drinks/appetizers were great. I've been looking at sailing RCCL again, but frankly, their itineraries are weak compared to X.

We are just off the Oasis last week where we celebrated our 50th anniversary. First RCL cruise after 18 Celebrity cruises. (would have done Celebrity if they sailed from Florida in the summer) We liked the Oasis, the shows were good and lots to do. Celebrity will still be our "at home" cruise line, but we would go back on Royal in addition to other lines.

We loved the Diamond lounge. It is open with key card 24 hrs. They have a coffee machine with Capuccino, latte's etc which was available all of the time. Regular and decaf coffee Tea, and juice at breakfast time. (8 to 10AM) along with Bagels, english muffins, toast, lox, cream cheese, sliced cheeses, cold cuts, pastries and fresh fruit were available.

Did not see any alcohol except from 5 to 8:30 PM. They load 3 drinks onto seapass card to use in bars and lounges in the 5-8:30 time frame but we went to the lounge. No limits that I could see in the Diamond lounge . Staff was very helpful, friendly and professional. (throughout the ship actually) Diamond lounge open for drinks and food every night and morning including debarkation. (6:30 AM to ? - we left at 8 AM).

Evening appetizers were substantial and hot ones were hot, from a station that you went to to get what you want. From what I hear they moved the Diamond lounge to Deck 11 on Oasis in the recent refurb last fall. There were always plenty of seats.

They Internet was $15 a day, with a credit given to Diamond of 29.95. Eliminating the by the minute is a recent change at least on this ship. They still have a 24hr period available but don't know the details. They have other packages available but I don't recall the numbers, sorry. (I hope Celebrity stays with their plan and doesn't change! We like by the minute just to get email).

No free laundry, but a discount on wash and fold. Don't remember details.

Everything loaded on your seapass card and they give you a list of what's on there when you arrive.

Each Diamond can get a free picture from the printed ones that they make and put in your folder.

Hope this helps, and Andy, have a great cruise!

Jewel doesn't have the DL yet, will get in drydock, but they do set aside Hollywood Odyssey in the Viking Crown for the evening cocktail hours. It has a dedicated bar and the crudites, etc.

Not sure about Diamond. As Diamond Plus I do get internet minutes. But I know they recently changed it from 45-60 minutes over the course of the cruise to must be used within a 24 hour period.

I also do get one free bag of laundry on a 6+ days (?) cruise. Again, don't remember if this applies to Diamond. And as I never use it, that might be gone.

They will leave a list in your cabin of the benefits loaded on your seapass.

What about the Brilliance? Do you know if it has a DL?

HUH???? They give internet minutes and make you use them in a 24 hour period??! That seems silly! :eek::eek:

We sailed in a suite on Jewel a few years ago, and really loved their Concierge Lounge. It was small, but everyone enjoyed themselves and the drinks/appetizers were great. I've been looking at sailing RCCL again, but frankly, their itineraries are weak compared to X.

I agree about the internet. Not quite sure how they're doing it now. Will find out on Oasis in September. But it sounds like now they're just giving C&A members a discount on a package or a single day. They used to give a block of minutes that could be used over the course of the cruise.

We are just off the Oasis last week where we celebrated our 50th anniversary. First RCL cruise after 18 Celebrity cruises. (would have done Celebrity if they sailed from Florida in the summer) We liked the Oasis, the shows were good and lots to do. Celebrity will still be our "at home" cruise line, but we would go back on Royal in addition to other lines.

We loved the Diamond lounge. It is open with key card 24 hrs. They have a coffee machine with Capuccino, latte's etc which was available all of the time. Regular and decaf coffee Tea, and juice at breakfast time. (8 to 10AM) along with Bagels, english muffins, toast, lox, cream cheese, sliced cheeses, cold cuts, pastries and fresh fruit were available.

Did not see any alcohol except from 5 to 8:30 PM. They load 3 drinks onto seapass card to use in bars and lounges in the 5-8:30 time frame but we went to the lounge. No limits that I could see in the Diamond lounge . Staff was very helpful, friendly and professional. (throughout the ship actually) Diamond lounge open for drinks and food every night and morning including debarkation. (6:30 AM to ? - we left at 8 AM).

Evening appetizers were substantial and hot ones were hot, from a station that you went to to get what you want. From what I hear they moved the Diamond lounge to Deck 11 on Oasis in the recent refurb last fall. There were always plenty of seats.

They Internet was $15 a day, with a credit given to Diamond of 29.95. Eliminating the by the minute is a recent change at least on this ship. They still have a 24hr period available but don't know the details. They have other packages available but I don't recall the numbers, sorry. (I hope Celebrity stays with their plan and doesn't change! We like by the minute just to get email).

Everything loaded on your seapass card and they give you a list of what's on there when you arrive.

Each Diamond can get a free picture from the printed ones that they make and put in your folder.

Thank you! Exactly the information I was looking for. It will be so nice to kind of know what is going on.

Royal Caribbean (Jewel of the Seas) is doing a couple California Coastal Cruises this Fall out of San Pedro. It is a great itinerary with stops in San Fran (2 days), Monterey and Santa Barbara.

We are Elite on Celebrity, and thus I think we are Diamond on RCCL due to their reciprocal agreement.

Have any Elite Celebrity people here done a RCCL and got the Diamond perks in exchange? If so, what are they? Do they have an evening cocktail hour?

Any advice would be welcome.

I'm thinking a week long RCCL cruise in late September and early October would not be all that "Family Oriented", as Royal generally markets to. We want just a nice romantic week up the awesome California coast during our Pacific High Pressure weather pattern. Any thoughts on that?

Unless things have changed recently the Jewel of the Seas has No Diamond lounge and hence no evening cocktail social hour(s) for elite passengers. That is the main reason we abandoned RCCL because they choose to abandon their loyal customers a couple of years ago by eliminating free cocktail hour for Elite and above on certain ships. We now sail Celebrity since their loyalty benefits far exceed RCCL.

Edited by kennelgang

Don't forget another major benefit. As a Diamond member (be sure you get a C&A number before or when you book) you get a discount on the cruise (not an upgrade). For a 7-night cruise you get $200 if you book less than 6 months in advance or $225 if you book more than 6 months. And if you book a 10+ night cruise, the discount is $300/325. The discounts are per cabin, not per person.

You can see all the diamond benefits here.

However that only comes with a balcony booking or higher:cool:

Unless things have changed recently the Jewel of the Seas has No Diamond lounge and hence no evening cocktail social hour(s) for elite passengers. That is the main reason we abandoned RCCL because they choose to abandon their loyal customers a couple of years ago by eliminating free cocktail hour for Elite and above on certain ships. We now sail Celebrity since their loyalty benefits far exceed RCCL.

And that is also untrue. Jewel continues to offer a Diamond Happy hour, just in different locations depending on how many diamonds are aboard.

Thanks for the information Hcat. We've just booked Oasis for next month, and the Diamond perks sound excellent !

Hi Andy...

Hope you have a great time....

check in was a breeze...amazing for such a big vessel

Diamond perks were great as I previously mentioned.

we enjoyed the hot tubs just beforeyou get to the solarium area...i think they had a big tv..

We also spent much of our time in the adult only rear solarium area...nice covered lounge area, next to a great bar...enjoyed the oversized t type pool... and nearby cafe/restarant...at night that place turns into a very nice restaurant. (Sorry the name escapes me)

other fav hideout was the Viking Crown llounge....quiet for reading in the daytime

We prefer smaller ships and X, but wanted a change of pace.,.,don't forget to make your pre res for shows and events!

...other fav hideout was the Viking Crown llounge....quiet for reading in the daytime...
Unfortunately the Viking Crown Lounge no longer exists on Oasis or Allure - the area was turned into a Suite Lounge (full suite and Pinnacle access only) with the 2014 and 2015 drydocks.

As far as whether C&A or Captains Club benefits are better - I guess that depends on what is important to you. I am both Diamond Plus and Elite Plus (those are not reciprocal) so I have a fair amount of experience with both programs. I'd rate them equivalent but certainly not identical. Lots of people rave about the 3.5 hour "Happy Hour" on RCI, and then complain about how X only does it for two hours, but X also has 2 hours of Bloody Marys in the morning, so is X offering 2 hours or 4 hours? Better Laundry and internet on X, better hors d'oevres on RCI, 24 hour cappuccino access in the DL for Diamonds versus only during 2 hour breakfast lounge on X, but if you are E+ you get better cappuccino anytime from the coffee bar. RCI gives a free photo versus nothing on X. Personally I'm happy to be the recipient of either set of benefits.

Thom

Unfortunately the Viking Crown Lounge no longer exists on Oasis or Allure - the area was turned into a Suite Lounge (full suite and Pinnacle access only) with the 2014 and 2015 drydocks.

As far as whether C&A or Captains Club benefits are better - I guess that depends on what is important to you. I am both Diamond Plus and Elite Plus (those are not reciprocal) so I have a fair amount of experience with both programs. I'd rate them equivalent but certainly not identical. Lots of people rave about the 3.5 hour "Happy Hour" on RCI, and then complain about how X only does it for two hours, but X also has 2 hours of Bloody Marys in the morning, so is X offering 2 hours or 4 hours? Better Laundry and internet on X, better hors d'oevres on RCI, 24 hour cappuccino access in the DL for Diamonds versus only during 2 hour breakfast lounge on X, but if you are E+ you get better cappuccino anytime from the coffee bar. RCI gives a free photo versus nothing on X. Personally I'm happy to be the recipient of either set of benefits.

Thom

This maybe true on the RCCL mega ships ...but as far as I know on the Jewel and Radiance of the Seas and their sister ships there is no happy hour for Elite and Elite + guests. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In addition, Celebrity often offers the inclusion of their 123 program, RCCL has no such program and pricing between the lines is very similar. Plus recently Celebrity provided a new venue restaurant for Suite guess only called Lunimea, which BTY is wonderful and the best thing Celebrity has done for its guests in years!!! RCCL does not offer anything like this.

Bob

Hi Seahorse44,

Thank you for the excellent and very helpful information. It will come in very handy !

This maybe true on the RCCL mega ships ...but as far as I know on the Jewel and Radiance of the Seas and their sister ships there is no happy hour for Elite and Elite + guests. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In addition, Celebrity often offers the inclusion of their 123 program, RCCL has no such program and pricing between the lines is very similar. Plus recently Celebrity provided a new venue restaurant for Suite guess only called Lunimea, which BTY is wonderful and the best thing Celebrity has done for its guests in years!!! RCCL does not offer anything like this.

I have a hard time keeping up with what is proposed and what has happened, and what follows is accurate to the best of my knowledge, but may be off slightly. Jewel is the ONLY Radiance class ship that has not yet gone in for the refurbishment that adds the Diamond Lounge. The RCI website lists a DL on Radiance, Brilliance and Serenade. Of the 23 ships currently in the RCI fleet only Jewel and Majesty (whose departure from the fleet has already been announced) do not currently have a DL. These ships do provide Diamonds 3 free drinks (selected menu similar to what is served in the DL) during the normal Happy Hours in most bars, and in addition have a Diamond Event in a lounge set aside only during Happy Hours for Diamonds with complimentary wine and soft drinks (I think they still have this even since the intro of the 3 free drink coupons). Jewel does have a Suite Concierge Lounge open to Diamond Plus members, but D+ and E+are not reciprocal. When I have been on RCI ships prior to addition of DLs in drydock, those ships offered a dedicated breakfast area for Diamonds in the MDR that included complimentary cappuccinos etc. When Quantum came out (this was before Lunimea existed) it included a Suite (and Pinnacle = Zenith) only restaurant Coastal Kitchen which has generally high reviews. This restaurant is now on all Q and O class ships. I hope this info is useful to understanding similarities and differences between the two sister lines.

Thom

In addition to that concierge lounge apparently Oasis had a dedicated suite restaurant for all suites except junior suites, which don't get all of the suite perks. They can request on a space available basis on board.

Also, Andy, do set up the shows in advance. It can be done on the internet, which we did for most, also called their Crown and Anchor telephone number which did one for us and set up a specialty restaurant. The Diamond host got one of our times changed. Very helpful.

• 4 weeks later...

We are about to book our first RC cruise on the Oasis, and called to get our C&A number. We are Elite Plus on X, but apparently the reciprocity is only to the Diamond level, not Diamond Plus? I thought the plus-levels were the same...

We are about to book our first RC cruise on the Oasis, and called to get our C&A number. We are Elite Plus on X, but apparently the reciprocity is only to the Diamond level, not Diamond Plus? I thought the plus-levels were the same...

Yes; the info you were given is correct. The highest levels with reciprocity are Elite / Diamond.

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr