Number of power outlets in cabin

sh2738

Am I the only one who cruises without having to bring extension cords and power blocks to charge 6 things at once? I don't carry my phone around with me on the ship so don't need to charge it. I charge my tablet/Kindle and camera when they need it and that can happen one at a time, and not always on the same day. It doesn't take long. I understand about those who need a CPAP and extra plugs/cords, but most of us are just charging our toys. For me, I can't see adding one more piece of 'stuff' to my luggage.

Am I the only one who cruises without having to bring extension cords and power blocks to charge 6 things at once? I don't carry my phone around with me on the ship so don't need to charge it. I charge my tablet/Kindle and camera when they need it and that can happen one at a time, and not always on the same day. It doesn't take long. I understand about those who need a CPAP and extra plugs/cords, but most of us are just charging our toys. For me, I can't see adding one more piece of 'stuff' to my luggage.

Depends. Two people traveling need to charge both phones overnight, especially when having a port the next day. Also have two cameras that need to be charged overnight so there is enough battery to take all the pics and video. That is all necessary, at least in my case to be charged each night. Possibly more. Depends on different people's needs.

I love the plug behind the TV. I put a short cord strip there and plug everything in and leave it under the TV out of the way. Normally 1-medium laptop, 1 tablet, a cell phone, and camera battery charger sits up there for the night.

This leaves the lower one for the wife's needs or whatever but keeps the charging stuff off the desk.

I see I have only 180 short days to my next cruise:cool:

framer

When you bring a power strip or extension cord be sure that it's relatively new, as they can take away any strip that might be a fire hazard. We keep one in our travel bag just for cruising.

From experience, I'd rather have a power strip on the desk than try to get to the outlet behind the TV.

We have been in cabin's with an outlet under the little shelf just as you enter the cabin (under the mirror), but it's really just for the Room Steward to plug in the vacuum.

Every outlet I've ever seen in the bathroom is labeled "for razors only".

Have a wonderful cruise,

THANK YOU1 You have most discreetly reminded me to make sure I bring a brand new power board WITH THE ORIGINAL SALES DOCKET with me. The new laptop is ok, already asked the salesperson about using it on 110 volts, and he checked the display model and said it would be ok. Have my camera, and will also have an extra camera battery to recharge-heavy use of the camera documenting photographically everything I can to share with friends staying home. I can charge my mobile at my cousins' place where I'm staying a couple of days before being taken to Circular Quay down in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia-I'm from another State, to embark. I wouldn't have thought about bringing the sales receipt with me to prove how new the power board is, but as an Ex-Fireman's daughter, that makes a LOT of sense.

Planning to use consumables that are discarded as much as I can to leave room for carefully selected souvenirs for friends and family. have learnt EVER such a lot from Cruise Critic, there's always a new point of view shedding new light on something, or providing the information to eliminate a problem for me. Too many names to remember but THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS ENLARGED MY KNOWLEDGE!

THANK YOU1 You have most discreetly reminded me to make sure I bring a brand new power board WITH THE ORIGINAL SALES DOCKET with me. The new laptop is ok, already asked the salesperson about using it on 110 volts, and he checked the display model and said it would be ok. Have my camera, and will also have an extra camera battery to recharge-heavy use of the camera documenting photographically everything I can to share with friends staying home. I can charge my mobile at my cousins' place where I'm staying a couple of days before being taken to Circular Quay down in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia-I'm from another State, to embark. I wouldn't have thought about bringing the sales receipt with me to prove how new the power board is, but as an Ex-Fireman's daughter, that makes a LOT of sense.

Planning to use consumables that are discarded as much as I can to leave room for carefully selected souvenirs for friends and family. have learnt EVER such a lot from Cruise Critic, there's always a new point of view shedding new light on something, or providing the information to eliminate a problem for me. Too many names to remember but THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS ENLARGED MY KNOWLEDGE!

Don't forget you may need an adapter, only Sun Sea and Dawn have Aussie power points.

Depends. Two people traveling need to charge both phones overnight, especially when having a port the next day. Also have two cameras that need to be charged overnight so there is enough battery to take all the pics and video. That is all necessary, at least in my case to be charged each night. Possibly more. Depends on different people's needs.

Yes we have two cameras that need charging, two phones and a laptop.the laptop is also a back up for photos.

My kindle lasts for days without charging the sensible little bit of equipment that it is. Annoyingly the laptop and the keyboard separate and need to be charges separately.

Yes we have two cameras that need charging, two phones and a laptop.the laptop is also a back up for photos.

My kindle lasts for days without charging the sensible little bit of equipment that it is. Annoyingly the laptop and the keyboard separate and need to be charges separately.

Yep

A few cameras

2 phones [normally in safe but this time we have princess@sea so may get used for patters] and to ring people when in port

2 iPads

iPod

Laptop [for photo back up and below]

Wireless modem for in port [unfortunately I'll have to do some work]

Don't forget you may need an adapter, only Sun Sea and Dawn have Aussie power points.

THANK YOU!/B] I had already noted to get the US/Australia 2 and 3 pin converters from my local motoring organisation and will pack them with the non-surge protected power board.

Crochetcruise :cool: