Curious about your experience, choice air

TMaine

We have booked a cruise in October and took advantage of the choice air discount. We booked the flights at the same time and got great flights for a great price. We even went in and upgraded to business class afterwards.

I just found out that the airline has changed the departure time leaving Barcelona from 11am to 9:45am. I am not comfortable with that early of a departure having been there before. I have contacted the TA but of course it's Sunday so I will have to wait until tomorrow.

Just curious to hear what others have done in this situation. Thanks!

We have booked a cruise in October and took advantage of the choice air discount. We booked the flights at the same time and got great flights for a great price. We even went in and upgraded to business class afterwards.

I just found out that the airline has changed the departure time leaving Barcelona from 11am to 9:45am. I am not comfortable with that early of a departure having been there before. I have contacted the TA but of course it's Sunday so I will have to wait until tomorrow.

We don't use a TA, so I would contact Celebrity and/or the airline to arrange for a later flight.

We have used choice air once, when we took the Infinity transatlantic to the UK, then had a one way trip home. It worked out just fine.

I have used Choice Air many times and have yet to experience any problems. Taking a flight to Rome 10/15. Changes are generated by the airlines and are usual. Call Choice Air and they can change your flight, usually without charge. I have done this twice when I was uncomfortable with the schedule. The time of your flight will not be a problem since the airport is close to the port. I have boarded as early as 9:00am without problems, but nothing can be guaranteed. Once again: Call Choice Air.

Edited by Orator

We have flown from Barcelona many times, including last month with a flight departing at 10 am. We caught the airport bus at 7:10 and were at the airport by 7:50 - checked baggage through security and at the gate by 8:25.

Although we usually book our own flights and arrive a few days early prior to departure, wife and I used Choice Air last year for one way, first class tickets from Miami to London. The price was, in my opinion, was reasonable in price. great service and ambiance on BA, and had no problems with this option. Maybe we were lucky?

The issue with Choice Air is not whether something goes wrong it's how it is dealt with when it goes wrong.

There are several threads here recounting tales of when they missed their boat because they were on Choice Air/Cruise Air tickets, whereas if they were on regular revenue tickets they'd have been accommodated and made it.

OP- Need to contact Choice Air. You're their customer and are not the airline's customer (which is the main reason the fare is cheaper). I know you were waiting for CA to open on Monday...how was it resolved?