Differences of these suites on Dawn

Go-Bucks!

My good friend and I are considering cruising on the Dawn for the first time, but are completely confused about the layouts of several suite options. Hoping some of you can answer these questions and provide some photos too. :p We need one bedroom that has TWIN beds or 2 bedrooms that are equally as nice (not one that is small and windowless). And we definitely need a balcony - the bigger, the better. Unfortunately, can't afford the Haven suite.

1) Deluxe Owner's Suite (SA) - NCL floor plan shows no balcony and 1 bedroom/1 bath. Says the bed does not make into twins. But I have been reading that it actually has 2 bedrooms/2 baths. Which is true? If it's one bedroom, does the bed separate into twins? If it has 2 bedrooms, are they both nice, big rooms with windows? Photos anyone?

2) Owner's Suite with 2 balconies (SB) - does the bed separate into 2 twins? Can't find this cabin on the NCL deck plan. Any photos?

3) 2 Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony (SC) - does the bed separate into 2 twins? The floor plan makes the second bedroom look like the size of a closet with no windows and the bath appears to be a half bath. Photos?

4) Family Suite with balcony (SD) - how does this cabin compare with the others listed above? Supposedly the beds can become twins.

Any thoughts on these 4 cabins would be much appreciated. Have looked in the "search" but can't find answers to these questions. My friend and I would love separate bedrooms, but neither of us wants to pay suite prices but sleep in a tiny little bedroom while the other gets a lovely bedroom. And if it's one bed, we need twins - don't share. ;)

Thanks so much!!

Edited by Go-Bucks!

No Haven on the Dawn only the 3 bedroom Garden Villas. The large bed does not separate in any of these suites except maybe the SD (Family Suite w/balcony). We were in a SJ (Family suite with no balcony) and the big bed did not separate, but there was a murphy bed that was comfortable. Someone posted awhile ago that the bed separates in the SD's, but as suggested, look for you tube videos of those rooms to confirm. From the deck plans, it looks like the SD's have a murphy bed which could be the second bed if the large bed doesn't separate.

The SA's do not have a balcony and only 2 of the 4 have the inside 2nd bedroom/bathroom like the SC. The bed in those inside 2nd bedrooms is a sofa sleeper. The other 2 SA's and the SC's have a sofa sleeper in the living room.

Edited by herdingdogmom

If you google the name of the ship and suite you can see lots of u tube videos.

I will do that, but am also looking for actual answers to my questions from those who have had those cabins or can tell me. Anything you can answer?

No Haven on the Dawn only the 3 bedroom Garden Villas.

Yes, I meant Garden Villas. I've been looking at so many different suites that I'm getting them mixed up. Would love one of these, but they're not in the budget.

There are two floorplans for the DOS. The outer suites are one bedroom and the inner suites have two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The second bedroom is small, no windows. It has a fold out sofa bed and when it is open it pretty much fills up the whole room.

Hope this helps. It is the only one of the four I have stayed in.

There is a lot of room and the two bathrooms are nice. They will bring you rollaway beds if you request them.

We have stayed in the DOS w/2 bedrooms and the 2 bedroom family suite. Neither of these match your needs as the 2nd bedroom is small and windowless in both. I don't think that the bed in the Owners Suite w/2 balconies splits. I do think that you would like the Family Suite w/balcony. We stayed in the SJ Family suite without balcony, because we required a HC room, and that bed does not split but I have read that the bed does split in the Family Suite w/balcony. These suites are spacious and well priced.

My good friend and I are considering cruising on the Dawn for the first time, but are completely confused about the layouts of several suite options. Hoping some of you can answer these questions and provide some photos too. :p We need one bedroom that has TWIN beds or 2 bedrooms that are equally as nice (not one that is small and windowless). And we definitely need a balcony - the bigger, the better. Unfortunately, can't afford the Haven suite.

1) Deluxe Owner's Suite (SA) - NCL floor plan shows no balcony and 1 bedroom/1 bath. Says the bed does not make into twins. But I have been reading that it actually has 2 bedrooms/2 baths. Which is true? If it's one bedroom, does the bed separate into twins? If it has 2 bedrooms, are they both nice, big rooms with windows? Photos anyone?

2) Owner's Suite with 2 balconies (SB) - does the bed separate into 2 twins? Can't find this cabin on the NCL deck plan. Any photos?

3) 2 Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony (SC) - does the bed separate into 2 twins? The floor plan makes the second bedroom look like the size of a closet with no windows and the bath appears to be a half bath. Photos?

4) Family Suite with balcony (SD) - how does this cabin compare with the others listed above? Supposedly the beds can become twins.

Any thoughts on these 4 cabins would be much appreciated. Have looked in the "search" but can't find answers to these questions. My friend and I would love separate bedrooms, but neither of us wants to pay suite prices but sleep in a tiny little bedroom while the other gets a lovely bedroom. And if it's one bed, we need twins - don't share. ;)

Thanks so much!!

I have been on the Dawn three times and I have stayed in some of these types of cabins. I have toured the others as a way to make plans for the next cabin. I like to do this right before debarkation.

As others have said, the Deluxe Owners Suites (SA) do not have balconies. The 2 middle ones 12000 and 12500 have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The outer ones have one bedroom and the living room couch is used a a sleeper. With the middle SA's 12000 and 12500, one of the bedrooms is small and no window. The other bedroom is beautiful and has a wall of windows in which to look out above the bridge and see the bow and the sea in front of you. It is my understanding that the bed in the master bedroom does not separate. We will be staying in this cabin when we go on the Dawn next.

I have toured the Owners suites on deck 9 and 10 and friends have stayed in one. It is a great suite with 2 balconies. However, the master bed does not separate and it is only a half bathroom off the living room where the other person would sleep.

We have stayed in an SC on the Dawn. It has the balcony but the second bedroom/bathroom is small and windowless. The beautiful master bedroom/bathroom has a bed that does not separate.

Finally, we have not been in a SD but have been in the SJ. The cabin layout is quite similar. The SD has the balcony, the SJ does not. This is a large bedroom/living area. There is a large bed and I am almost certain that it does separate (someone will correct me if I am wrong). There is also a Murphy bed and a pull out couch. At least the SJ had this. There was only one large bathroom with a shower and a tub, double sinks. The SJ was a nice cabin and when I toured the SD, next door, it was similar.

I hope that this helps some.

Edited by jimswims

I have been on the Dawn three times and I have stayed in some of these types of cabins. I have toured the others as a way to make plans for the next cabin. I like to do this right before debarkation.

As others have said, the Deluxe Owners Suites (SA) do not have balconies. The 2 middle ones 12000 and 12500 have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The outer ones have one bedroom and the living room couch is used a a sleeper. With the middle SA's 12000 and 12500, one of the bedrooms is small and no window. The other bedroom is beautiful and has a wall of windows in which to look out above the bridge and see the bow and the sea in front of you. It is my understanding that the bed in the master bedroom does not separate. We will be staying in this cabin when we go on the Dawn next.

I have toured the Owners suites on deck 9 and 10 and friends have stayed in one. It is a great suite with 2 balconies. However, the master bed does not separate and it is only a half bathroom off the living room where the other person would sleep.

We have stayed in an SC on the Dawn. It has the balcony but the second bedroom/bathroom is small and windowless. The beautiful master bedroom/bathroom has a bed that does not separate.

Finally, we have not been in a SD but have been in the SJ. The cabin layout is quite similar. The SD has the balcony, the SJ does not. This is a large bedroom/living area. There is a large bed and I am almost certain that it does separate (someone will correct me if I am wrong). There is also a Murphy bed and a pull out couch. At least the SJ had this. There was only one large bathroom with a shower and a tub, double sinks. The SJ was a nice cabin and when I toured the SD, next door, it was similar.

I hope that this helps some.

Thank you, Jim, for your helpful reply. I think we'll have to get an SC or SD if we would choose this cruise. But with an SC, whoever would have to sleep in the little bedroom shouldn't pay half - maybe a third - since they're not able to enjoy the same level of luxury that the other one would have. This has been very confusing because our favorite cruise lines, Princess and Celebrity, can separate nearly all their beds so this has never been an issue. I don't understand why NCL doesn't do it that way to accommodate people who aren't a couple? The only reason we are considering NCL is because my friend wants to sail out of New Orleans so I guess we'll have to decide what is most important to us.

Thanks again!! :D

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Just off the Dawn and we had the 2 bedroom 2 bath suite. The main bedroom is awesome but bed cannot be separated. The second bedroom is very small and no windows. There is a pullman bed and a small(rock hard) bed on floor. This would be ok for kids, but adults would be tight. The bed takes up entire room. The suite however is the nicest we have ever had(we do suites).

My friend and I have stayed the last 2 years in an SC on the Dawn. Yes, the 2nd bedroom is small but she said with the foam topper the bed was wonderful. The bath in that room is larger than one in a regular cabin or at least appeared that way to us. It has a nice layout and was not cramped feeling at all. The closet was outside of the bathroom so where the bed when opened up took up most of the "room" it was not a bad deal.

Where the master had a big bed and it does not split, it is at the end of the big bath and frankly I did not like that as it meant no privacy if we wanted to share the big shower or tub for either of us. The balcony is small but so are all NCL balconies. They are the smallest in the industry and getting smaller on the larger ships. But it is off of the living room so is easily accessed for either bedroom.

We found this to be our favorite suite other than the Royal Suites on RCCL and Celebrity due to them only having one bedroom. Consider one of you having the small room for the first half of the cruise and swapping mid cruise. We talked about that both times but once settled in my friend was quite happy with the inner bedroom as we lived on the balcony or in the living area.

I had one of the Delux Owner's suite on the Dawn. The master bedroom had a king sized bed which did not split. There was a sofa-bed in the livingroom, but no balcony. Both rooms had ceiling-to-floor windows, which offered awesome views. Both rooms have large closets.

We were steps from the pool, so didn't miss the balcony at all. If the price was right, I'd book this suite 12502 again. I got it as an upgrde.

Thanks so much!!

In the two bedroom family suite the second bedroom is small, but very functional. The second bath is a full bath including a shower. In the second bedroom the lower bed does not split into two but there is a bunk bed too. The bed in the larger bed room will split into two beds that are referred to as twins.

Finally, we have not been in a SD but have been in the SJ. The cabin layout is quite similar. The SD has the balcony, the SJ does not. This is a large bedroom/living area. There is a large bed and I am almost certain that it does separate (someone will correct me if I am wrong).

Unfortunately the bed in the SJ does NOT separate. (On the Dawn, anyway -- perhaps it does on the sister ship, because multiple people have claimed that they've seen it, but I've been in several SJs on the Dawn and they do not).

The Murphy bed is very comfortable, however. Don't know how comfy the pull out couch is, but it's comfortable enough to curl up on (not folded out) to watch tv.

The bed in the larger bed room will split into two beds that are referred to as twins.

That's not what everyone else is saying. I've been told that only the Family Suite with balcony has a bed that separates into twins - not the 2 Bedroom Family Suite with balcony.

That's not what everyone else is saying. I've been told that only the Family Suite with balcony has a bed that separates into twins - not the 2 Bedroom Family Suite with balcony.

Just relaying our personal experience from 2.5 years ago. Maybe they have changed them since then.