Aft facing Loft Suites (L2) on Allure?

I was just about ready to book the Allure for next February 21 in a Grand Suite, but I was doing some last minute browsing to look for any other options. I took a look at the Allure Nov 29 sailing and realized that I can stay in an aft facing L2 Loft Suite for the same price as the GS I was originally going to book. (Additionally, our traveling companions who would be booking two balconies would be saving $1200 total.) Would you make that switch? How is the privacy for the L2's since they look over the aft sports deck?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Also, is there any negative to sailing the Caribbean in Dec as opposed to Feb?

If I had to choose between a side facing GS and an aft facing L2, I'd take the GS. I'd just rather be looking out over the water, plus have the better privacy of side facing balconies.

If I had to choose between a side facing GS and an aft facing L2, I'd take the GS. I'd just rather be looking out over the water, plus have the better privacy of side facing balconies.

I just checked once more. $86 more and I can have a side facing L1. Is that worth it? :)

Love the L2's. Try for the center or towards the mini golf side. Great views of the AT, BW, FR, ZL, and the ocean. The privacy is fine, close drapes at night if needed. By the way, the drapes are controlled remotely by wall switches on both levels, so very easy to open/close. If you book a side by side, the balcony divider can be opened to make a very large space

I like the L2 over the L1 as there is something going on out your balcony. We stayed in an L2 and looked at an L1, so we have a bit of an idea of the difference. The next cruise we went back to an L2 at about the same ($50) price difference. The balcony on the L2 (and L1) is tiny compared to the GS.

You can see the ocean from the balcony but can also see the golf, basketball, and flowriders. We never had a noise issue but we were out fairly late every night.

As Bob said, there is less privacy on the L2 balcony if that concerns you. There was another thread where I posted some pictures to see the view onto and from the balcony.

I just checked once more. $86 more and I can have a side facing L1. Is that worth it? :)

I think it's worth it for the novelty of the loft suite. I would try it once for that price.:)

Bob is always right, but this time I think he might wrong. :);) Sorry Bob. I always vote L2 all the way. If you love to people watch this is the place to be, not to mention you still see the sea. Staying on deck 17 will spoil you, either in a L1 or L2. GS is great but IMHO the CLS is better. If stairs are in issue I would suggest the GS though.

I like the L2 over the L1 as there is something going on out your balcony. We stayed in an L2 and looked at an L1, so we have a bit of an idea of the difference. The next cruise we went back to an L2 at about the same ($50) price difference. The balcony on the L2 (and L1) is tiny compared to the GS.

You can see the ocean from the balcony but can also see the golf, basketball, and flowriders. We never had a noise issue but we were out fairly late every night.

As Bob said, there is less privacy on the L2 balcony if that concerns you. There was another thread where I posted some pictures to see the view onto and from the balcony.

What kind of furniture are on the balconies?

Just wanted to thank everyone for your replies.

After thinking about it, I decided against the Crown Loft switch. As much as I wanted to try it, I just couldn't justify moving my sailing from Feb to Dec, especially since I'm perfectly content in a GS. However, I did decide to move my sailing from Feb 21 back to Jan 24, as I'll be saving close to $500. And that's even better IMO!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Just wanted to thank everyone for your replies.

After thinking about it, I decided against the Crown Loft switch. As much as I wanted to try it, I just couldn't justify moving my sailing from Feb to Dec, especially since I'm perfectly content in a GS. However, I did decide to move my sailing from Feb 21 back to Jan 24, as I'll be saving close to $500. And that's even better IMO!

I would have to agree with you on that. Rather have the $500.:)