MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

I don't think you are looking in the same place that I am. See my post#749 and the screenshots. I am getting the sizes from going through an actual booking and then clicking the stateroom details (cabin size) button once I have selected a specific cabin. It shows the aft suites as 274 sq feet.

I went to the UK site and did the same thing and looked at cabin size and it showed that same cabin at 25.5 sq meters.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I did exactly what you have just described and the sizes in my previous post are what came up which is 16.5 sq m for all balcony cabins.

It could be that they have not been updated here, what does the US site give for sizes in the Fleet section under cabins ?

Just looked at the US site under ships/ Suite and it says 178 to 409 sq feet with balcony up to 172 sq feet.

Edited by sidari

Exactly, that's why I said I believe the sizes are correct. I don't think the size of the rooms are going to be any different for the deck 9 suites with the large balconies than the standard balconies. I think the only difference will be the size of the balcony.

I believe that the sizes listed when you go through the booking process (not when you look under fleet at the generic sizes) are accurate sizes for all the cabins. They are very specific.

I remain unconvinced as to the actual sizes for the time being, there are descrepencies between the UK and US site, there is also no category for Aurea balconies, just Balcony cabins.

I'm very happy to see a rendering of the Yacht Club Interior which is what I have booked. It looks fantastic and quite large. MSC indicates that it will be 226 sq feet, which matches my booking confirmation that shows "Cabin Area 17.00mq; Door 0.65mq; Bathroom Area 4.00mq. That is 21.65mq or 226 sq feet.

Unfortunately the floor plan that is shown with the rendering is incorrect and is for a standard inside cabin.

32832532210_804dfdc007_o.png

Also very happy to see the amenities updated for the Yacht Club. Drinks included in all venues on the ship, and access to the Thermal Suite. I'm getting excited as more details about the ship are released. It just looks incredible!

Also very happy to see the amenities updated for the Yacht Club. Drinks included in all venues on the ship, and access to the Thermal Suite. I'm getting excited as more details about the ship are released. It just looks incredible!

If you dont mind me asking where did they state drinks anywhere on ship for yacht club , i thought it was only in the Yacht club areas ?

If you dont mind me asking where did they state drinks anywhere on ship for yacht club , i thought it was only in the Yacht club areas ?

I received a free ship wide drink package when I booked in the Yacht club during the initial release. Later they changed the offer to an onboard credit for the Yacht Club .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's on the US site, under FLEET >MSC Seaside >Staterooms, then under the description for each cabin type there is a Plus + sign where you can click to expand and see all the benefits.

It now states that for Yacht Club drinks are included in all venues on the ship based upon the menu offered in that venue. Very cool!

33174518716_a9b713caea_o.png

Wow, you sure are right--what a gorgeous cabin!!

I was a bit concerned about the inside cabin but I'm not anymore after seeing the rendering. Our budget called for either a balcony cabin or inside Yacht Club cabin. The Yacht Club won out and I figure we will be just steps away from the Yacht Club pool and deck. I know we will enjoy all the benefits and escaping the rest of the ship when we are looking for a less crowded and quiet atmosphere. Best of both worlds so to speak.

Ernie ... The photo you posted is not a YC Inside cabin, it is a reverse photo of a YC deluxe cabin, the give away is the wooden wall divider next to the bed.

MSC have been made aware of it but have failed to remove the photo.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Ernie ... The photo you posted is not a YC Inside cabin, it is a reverse photo of a YC deluxe cabin, the give away is the wooden wall divider next to the bed.

MSC have been made aware of it but have failed to remove the photo.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Well the cabin is still 226 sq feet so it will be substantially larger than a standard inside, and I would also expect it will have the same upgraded finishes as other Yacht Club cabins. It may not look exactly like that rendering but I'm guessing something similar. The suite you mention has a surface area of 269 sq ft and the Yacht Club Inside suite is 226 sq ft, so not too different in size. It's quite possible it will look similar except for the window and balcony of course. I'm not disappointed. It may even be better! Looking at the deck plan, the Yacht Club inside suites appear more narrow than the YC Deluxe Suites, but longer (not counting the balcony). It's all part of the fun of booking a brand new prototype ship!

I received a free ship wide drink package when I booked in the Yacht club during the initial release. Later they changed the offer to an onboard credit for the Yacht Club .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have a $150 OBC per person on SEASIDE, and now I expect to have ship wide free drinks as well as the OBC. Apparently they decided to change the drink policy after offering the OBC's.

Yes the YC insides are a reasonable size as you say, hope they resemble something like the photo for you.

Not as big or wide, but I'm guessing the same finishes as other Yacht Club cabins and a decent size with sitting area. Hopefully upgraded bathrooms too. Perhaps no larger than a standard bathroom but with nicer finishes.

MSC are calling these inside cabins "Suites", so I am expecting them to be nicer than average cabins. Having insides in the Yacht Club is something new for MSC, so nothing really to go by. Perhaps when MERAVIGLIA comes out we can get a better idea of the finishes. The Yacht Club insides are only listed as 172 sq ft on MERAVIGLIA so they are smaller than SEASIDE, but hopefully the finishes are upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's on the US site, under FLEET >MSC Seaside >Staterooms, then under the description for each cabin type there is a Plus + sign where you can click to expand and see all the benefits.

It now states that for Yacht Club drinks are included in all venues on the ship based upon the menu offered in that venue. Very cool!

33174518716_a9b713caea_o.png

Awesome , yes that wasnt there the other day when i booked , thank you

Something else that I have noticed that I am curious about. I mentioned this earlier, but it appears that you can only book an Aft Suite if you have 4 guests. I have tried mock bookings on multiple dates using all different combinations of guests, tried different websites besides MSC. I wonder why they won't let you book one of those with only 2 or 3 guests. If you have 2 children that are basically free you can.

I found out today too from my TA, I asked him if he could get the room with only 2 people after I found out they were available if I did a mock booking for 4. Time to add 2 children to the booking, then no-show or cancel them at final payment and see if they allow us to keep the room.

I found out today too from my TA, I asked him if he could get the room with only 2 people after I found out they were available if I did a mock booking for 4. Time to add 2 children to the booking, then no-show or cancel them at final payment and see if they allow us to keep the room.

I'd be careful, as MSC states in their fine print that they can move you all the way up to your sail date. Divina has 4 person Aurea suites on the bow, and we tried to get one for two people for this summer. They allowed it, but strongly cautioned that we would more than likely be moved. Ended up cancelling that booking as we didn't want to get moved to a suite without a balcony (some have panoramic windows instead). Up to you if the risk is worth it. It's a shame some aren't marked as two person on the Seaside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi guys ... Not trying to tell people how to suck eggs here but you are aware that the ship cabins are assigned to a designated lifeboat and regardless of how many a cabin is capable of holding it is the lifeboats that dictate how many and where.

Hi guys ... Not trying to tell people how to suck eggs here but you are aware that the ship cabins are assigned to a designated lifeboat and regardless of how many a cabin is capable of holding it is the lifeboats that dictate how many and where.

That makes sense. But wouldn't this only matter if msc was only letting people book two passengers in a cabin when they wanted to book 4? Instead most of this conversation is about cabins that they will only let you book with 4 people instead of 2 or 3.

It's interesting to me how all this works!

OG ... We are sailing on the new Majestic Princess on April 4th, my son and his wife and two kids were hoping to also be on it, however despite the fact that there were plenty of cabins available that could sleep 4 people, Princess were only allowing two people in them due to lifeboat capacity.

While cabins may have the space for 3 or 4 or more the capacity of lifeboats it would seem are what dictates the numbers.

For existing ships, the following disclaimer is noted under YC staterooms:

"*Starting Summer 2017, unlimited beverage selection will also be available in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selection available in the each venue."

This is inline with the addition of Fantastica beverage package, which is also being implemented starting Summer 2017 (April 2017).

Currently looking at the info available to UK and US passengers on the various MSC sites for the Seaside Suite category.

Below is the UK version and below that the USA version for the same category!

MSC really do need to up their game with regards to information.

UK Site

• Double bed which can be converted into two single beds (on request)
  • Air conditioning. Large wardrobe. Bathroom with bathtub. Interactive TV. Telephone. Wifi connection available (for a fee).
  • Mini bar and safe. Surface approx. from 28 to 33 sq.m.

• USA site
  • Queen bed,* ample wardrobe, bathroom with shower, a sitting area, and balcony
  • Some sofas convert into a double bed to accomodate 3rd and 4th guests
  • Air conditioning, interactive LCD TV, telephone, mini bar and safe
  • Surface approximately 183 - 301 sq. ft., plus a balcony up to 172 sq. ft. (Staterooms 9002 & 9003 have balconies of 409 sq. ft.)
  • Accomodates up to 4 guests
  • Wi-Fi connection available (for a fee)
    *Queen bed can be converted to two single beds on request.Size, layout and furniture may vary from that shown (within the same stateroom category)

aft suites, reserved for 4 guests
We have several hundred guests sailing on the Seaside in April 2018. Many of us booked reservations in December 2015. Initially, we were not aware of the aft suites, but "somehow" the T/A found out about them, and was able to move many of the guests into those suites. I believe guests in our travel party now occupy all aft suites ... and believe most have 2 or 3 guests in each suite. I am not sure of the remedy, but perhaps that T/A reached out to her dedicated agent, who many have been able to process the bookings.