MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Have MSC dropped a clanger ?

The Aft Panoramic Lift / Elevators only go from Deck 7 to 15 with no stops in-between, this means anyone who has a cabin in the last third of the ship will have to walk forward into the main body of the ship in order to use the Lift / Elevator either that or only use the stairs which is not possible for some people.

Seeing as the Zip lines are some 400 feet long that is a fair way for those who are less able bodied to have to walk!

A recent photo of the on going work from a friend at the yard.

16830854_1616406471710059_4145628045596419744_n_zpsfm4qcuma.jpg

Wow Sidari, what do you do if you have an aft cabin on 10? Walk to the main cabin to get the elevator to 10 and then walk all the way back to the aft? That doesn't make any sense.

Well I guess I won't have to worry about getting my 15,000 steps in everyday. :rolleyes:

I love seeing all the pictures of the ship under construction. Thanks for posting them.

Have a great day everyone,

Gerry

Gerry it should have read Deck 7 to 16, on the deck plan there is a stair well around the area of cabin number 14238 on Deck 14 and what appears to be Two lift shafts but they are not marked as such which means they could be for the crew as they go down to Deck 5 !

For us the Lifts are outside 14182 a fair walk from 14262!

The Aft Panoramic Lift / Elevators only go from Deck 7 to 15 with no stops in-between, this means anyone who has a cabin in the last third of the ship will have to walk forward into the main body of the ship in order to use the Lift / Elevator either that or only use the stairs which is not possible for some people.

Seeing as the Zip lines are some 400 feet long that is a fair way for those who are less able bodied to have to walk!

Having just two sets of elevators/stairtowers is fairly common for many large new builds these days. One is usually slightly forward, and another slightly aft. It's on all the new builds of NCL, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity. I don't really see it as a problem, just book your cabin accordingly if it's important for you to be near stairs or an elevator.

In the case of MSC SEASIDE, another twist is that the engines are located midship instead of aft, so large chunk of the interior space midship is for the funnel uptakes. Not much room for a stair tower. Looks like there are two smaller ones on each side midship, but I'm pretty sure they will be for crew only. MSC is one of the only lines that publishes deck plans that show passenger and crew staircases. A little odd and sometimes it's difficult to know which is which.

Lots of great info and pics of SEASIDE coming from the SEAVIEW coin ceremony. Three newsworthy items that caught my eye were that a Meraviglia-Class ship will be coming to Miami, bringing the total to three North American based ships. We don't know which Meraviglia-Class ship or if the deployment will be seasonal or year-round. Second is that all the new ships (SEASIDE included I believe) will have advanced technology to help personalize the cruise experience. Technology similar to the Ocean Medallion Cruising that Carnival Corp recently announced. While the MSC version may not be wearable like the medallion (there could be that option), it will use the cruise card in conjunction with a newly developed app to personalize the experience. Royal Caribbean is also developing its own version of Ocean Medallion, so I would say this is the next wave in cruising. No doubt NCL will have no choice but to join in as well. Third is that MSC will embrace the single cruiser with dedicated single cabins (no supplement) and even a small singles complex similar to the Studio Complex on NCL. MSC MERAVIGLIA will be the first newbuild with the single cabins. I'm not sure if SEASIDE will have them or not?

For those with Twitter accounts, Cruise Critic posted quite a few photos of SEASIDE under construction during their visit there for the coin ceremony. They might be somewhere on the Cruise Critic website as well, not sure.

Unfortunately still no Deck 19 released for SEASIDE! ;)

NCL had a survey about 9 months ago regarding technology and they were asking about wearable devices to replace cards. Haven't heard anything since.

NCL had a survey about 9 months ago regarding technology and they were asking about wearable devices to replace cards. Haven't heard anything since.

This seems to be the big thing with mass-market lines, so I expect NCL will develop their own version. Anything that gets you to spend your money quicker and easier!

We have booked one of the 10th deck aft balcony suites for March 2018. I read this entire thread today and it was fun following the news over the last 15 months or so. I am getting really excited about this cruise and can't wait to see what the aft suites actually look like inside!

A recent photo of the on going work from a friend at the yard.

16830854_1616406471710059_4145628045596419744_n_zpsfm4qcuma.jpg

sidari ==) Maybe I'm asking too much, but I would really like to see a picture of the starboard side near the aft... I'm trying to see if the cabin 10222 is larger than a regular balcony cabin. According to the deckplans it is, but from the pictures I saw on the internet it doesn't. I'd really like to clarify this. I have advised Fincanteri and MSL already to update their plans.

Erlec ... Here is a photo of the starboard side, if you zoom in it certainly looks like the cabins have been changed on Deck 10 in the area you mention, also the current ship model also shows this to be true as well.Side%20star%20view_zpsu89qq7hp.jpg

Early Model shows that area with double balcony cabins from Deck 10 to 15 !

seaside1_zpszar4pyaa.jpg

Edited by sidari

Erlec ... Here is a photo of the starboard side, if you zoom in it certainly looks like the cabins have been changed on Deck 10 in the area you mention, also the current ship model also shows this to be true as well.Side%20star%20view_zpsu89qq7hp.jpgEarly Model shows that area with double balcony cabins from Deck 10 to 15 !

seaside1_zpszar4pyaa.jpg

Exactly... But if you look into the deckplan, only cabin 10222 and 10224 are now larger. But in reality the construction pictures do not show this. They all look regular.

On the picture below we see black holes around the cabin I'm talking about on deck 10. The others beside are filled already with the cabins.

I was thinking they might have found the problem and they are now building the 2 cabins to match with the deck plans (larger)

Sea%20rings_zpsrkucxy2k.jpg

1373321443_Sea20rings_zpsrkucxy2k.jpg.ae5e16ad70169fb8612960d8174f00d6.jpg

Looks like they are adjoining cabins and 1 of them is listed as a handicap cabin on the deck plan. The 2 cabins are the same size as 3 regular cabins. Looking through the deck plans, that is the only non YC handicap balcony on the entire ship. Being that it is the only one, maybe they scrapped that idea?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It is difficult to be sure because the deck plan does not appear to compare to what we can see from the actual build of the ship, if you look at the ship model above there appears to be a number of double width balcony cabins which may have been suites in the original plans.

It is difficult to be sure because the deck plan does not appear to compare to what we can see from the actual build of the ship, if you look at the ship model above there appears to be a number of double width balcony cabins which may have been suites in the original plans.

Right... We won't know until more pictures of the build shows up...

Yes Happy,,,We stayed in 16009 on Divina and loved the location so we thought we would give 18001 a try!!:D

Did you feel much more motion being that far forward while on Davina 16009? We initially had a mid-ship suite but switched to one of the forward GS cabins, Thanks