MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Mike ... Over the course of the planning to the building phase the actual models of the ship changed as well, the video currently available on CC at the top of the page shows the sides of the Aft with no long balconies.

No doubt there will be other changes before the ship sets sail.

Mike ... Over the course of the planning to the building phase the actual models of the ship changed as well, the video currently available on CC at the top of the page shows the sides of the Aft with no long balconies.

No doubt there will be other changes before the ship sets sail.

Yeah, it just seems like you'd have those pesky details nailed down before building an 800-million dollar anything. ;)

Lots of great info and pics of SEASIDE coming from the SEAVIEW coin ceremony. Three newsworthy items that caught my eye were that a Meraviglia-Class ship will be coming to Miami, bringing the total to three North American based ships. We don't know which Meraviglia-Class ship or if the deployment will be seasonal or year-round. Second is that all the new ships (SEASIDE included I believe) will have advanced technology to help personalize the cruise experience. Technology similar to the Ocean Medallion Cruising that Carnival Corp recently announced. While the MSC version may not be wearable like the medallion (there could be that option), it will use the cruise card in conjunction with a newly developed app to personalize the experience. Royal Caribbean is also developing its own version of Ocean Medallion, so I would say this is the next wave in cruising. No doubt NCL will have no choice but to join in as well. Third is that MSC will embrace the single cruiser with dedicated single cabins (no supplement) and even a small singles complex similar to the Studio Complex on NCL. MSC MERAVIGLIA will be the first newbuild with the single cabins. I'm not sure if SEASIDE will have them or not?

For those with Twitter accounts, Cruise Critic posted quite a few photos of SEASIDE under construction during their visit there for the coin ceremony. They might be somewhere on the Cruise Critic website as well, not sure.

Unfortunately still no Deck 19 released for SEASIDE! ;)

Three newsworthy items that caught my eye were that a Meraviglia-Class ship will be coming to Miami, bringing the total to three North American based ships. We don't know which Meraviglia-Class ship or if the deployment will be seasonal or year-round.

This?

By 2020, three of MSC's ships will be homeporting in PortMiami: Seaside, Meraviglia and Divina.

From the article pinned at the top of the forum: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7511

This?

From the article pinned at the top of the forum: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7511

I get my cruise news mainly from Seatrade Insider and Cruise Industry News. Seatrade confirmed only that a Meraviglia Class ship will make its way to North America, but pointed out that MSC Chairman Pierfrancesco Vago did not specify which one. Also it's not until 2019/2020. If you know anything about MSC, you know they are constantly changing deployments and anything can happy by 2019. So I'll go with just a Meraviglia-Class ship and leave it at that.

Yesterday MSC released their New 2018/19 brochure with a presentation in Milan.

Yeah .................. good to see what MSC has in store in advance, itinerary wise, but not for booking ahead.

One supposed advantage of booking early is the ability to snag the best cabins - it's certainly not the prices! Based on the current discussions on the 'MSC strikes again' thread, you're not even assured that the cabin you choose will be the cabin you end up with - despite paying the brochure price at the time.

I finally found a deck plan that shows Deck 19 on SEASIDE. I'm a little disappointed that the pool shown is for The One extra charge area and not exclusive to the Yacht Club which I had hoped. At the very least I hope passengers in the Yacht Club have access and use of the The One pool without an extra charge.

32561960060_a797537bcb_c.jpg

I finally found a deck plan that shows Deck 19 on SEASIDE. I'm a little disappointed that the pool shown is for The One extra charge area and not exclusive to the Yacht Club which I had hoped. At the very least I hope passengers in the Yacht Club have access and use of the The One pool without an extra charge.

32561960060_a797537bcb_c.jpg

Thanks for posting this.

How do you know that there is an extra charge pool? I agree with you that it would be nice if it was available for YC guests .

Johan

Thanks for posting this.

How do you know that there is an extra charge pool? I agree with you that it would be nice if it was available for YC guests .

Johan

Well The One private deck area on DIVINA is available for an extra charge. There is no pool though. It seems MSC is expanding this area on SEASIDE to include a pool. I'm guessing there will still be an extra charge, but hopefully included for Yacht Club passengers.

Ernie ... The only website that had added a Deck 19 plan was Cruise Deck plans, they added it a few months back based on what could be seen on an early model.

As there is still not a definative Deck 19 plan I think you may well be guessing that people will be able to pay to use the YC pool after all Divina is nothing like the Seaside.

I think you may well be confusing the small deck area that is payable on Divina as being part of the YC.

It is very likely when MSC finally decide to release the Deck 19 plan that the YC area will end just before the two small Blue dots either side of the ship which are currently shown as hot tubs.

So all the area ahead of the block containing the lifts/elevators will be all YC.

Well The One private deck area on DIVINA is available for an extra charge. There is no pool though. It seems MSC is expanding this area on SEASIDE to include a pool. I'm guessing there will still be an extra charge, but hopefully included for Yacht Club passengers.

Is that the Top 18 Solarium you're referencing? If so, that's not part of the YC enclave anyway and not included in YC fares - it's included in Aurea bookings or for a fee for non-Aurea guests. A lot of people have complained over the years that this area does not have a pool. Perhaps MSC are taking heed and incorporating one on Seaside :confused:

Looks like MSC are having problems with their photos and cabin furniture for Seaside, they have used the photo of a YC 1 for the Inside cabin which is the reverse of the one shown for a YC1, and the US site says a Queen bed while the UK site says its a Double bed! Also says the same for the Suite!!

Come on MSC get the correct picture for the YC Inside and how about a picture of the Suites as well as the Balcony pic and the graphic!

Bea ... Not sure there is any room to add another pool and the Aurea details for Seaside do not mention a separate Sun deck! there are also conflicting details for the Suites between the US and UK website.

You also have to wonder why on the UK site with everything to do with Seaside under Fleet in the Aurea Suite section there is paragraph that is for Meraviglia ? does no one check what is added to their websites ?

Reading between the two you would think that you were looking at two different ships!

UK site

• On the MSC Meraviglia guests can enjoy the My Choice dining style with a freely selectable dining time and priority access to complimentary restaurants. Reservation recommended.

• US Site
  • The most freedom in dining options: guests enjoy My Choice dining, arriving any time during dinner with priority lane access to complimentary restaurants.

UK Site

Designed to offer reinvigorating, all-inclusive comfort

Our “Aurea” Experience offers all the benefits of the “Fantastica” Experience plus a range of extra privileges:

• Superior sea view cabins on the upper decks

• US Site
  • Designed to offer reinvigorating, all-inclusive comfort
    The “Aurea” Experience offers all the benefits of the “Fantastica” Experience, plus a range of extra privileges:

• UK Site
  • ALL-INCLUSIVE 24HR DRINKS
    Nothing stands between you and pure pleasure during your Aurea Experience, with all-inclusive alcoholic and soft drinks whenever thirst strikes. Allegrissimo Package in euro areas, and More for Less Package in dollar areas. Ask our staff for full information. (Starting from summer 2017, these package will be renamed All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package and All-Inclusive Classic Drink Package)

US Site

*ALL-INCLUSIVE 24 HOUR DRINKS

Nothing stands between you and pure pleasure during your Aurea Experience, with all-inclusive alcoholic and soft drinks whenever thirst strikes through the More For Less Package. Ask our staff for full information. (Starting from summer 2017, the package will be renamed All-Inclusive Classic Drink Package)

Ernie ... The only website that had added a Deck 19 plan was Cruise Deck plans, they added it a few months back based on what could be seen on an early model.

As there is still not a definative Deck 19 plan I think you may well be guessing that people will be able to pay to use the YC pool after all Divina is nothing like the Seaside.

I think you may well be confusing the small deck area that is payable on Divina as being part of the YC.

It is very likely when MSC finally decide to release the Deck 19 plan that the YC area will end just before the two small Blue dots either side of the ship which are currently shown as hot tubs.

So all the area ahead of the block containing the lifts/elevators will be all YC.

Thanks for setting me straight. I don't know why, but I was thinking The One area was the extra pay deck, but it's actually called Top 18 that you pay for on DIVINA as pointed out by someone else. Don't know how I confused that and very sorry if I caused anyone any confusion. I see now that MSC calls the pools in the Yacht Club the One pool, so indeed it appears that this entire forward section of Deck 19 including the pool will be part of the Yacht Club. What a relief!

Thanks again for spelling it out. Much appreciated.

Is that the Top 18 Solarium you're referencing? If so, that's not part of the YC enclave anyway and not included in YC fares - it's included in Aurea bookings or for a fee for non-Aurea guests. A lot of people have complained over the years that this area does not have a pool. Perhaps MSC are taking heed and incorporating one on Seaside :confused:

Yes thank you. I had confused Top 18 with The One, thinking The One pool was the extra pay deck. I appreciate the clarification.

Looks like MSC are having problems with their photos and cabin furniture for Seaside, they have used the photo of a YC 1 for the Inside cabin which is the reverse of the one shown for a YC1, and the US site says a Queen bed while the UK site says its a Double bed! Also says the same for the Suite!!

Come on MSC get the correct picture for the YC Inside and how about a picture of the Suites as well as the Balcony pic and the graphic!

Bea ... Not sure there is any room to add another pool and the Aurea details for Seaside do not mention a separate Sun deck! there are also conflicting details for the Suites between the US and UK website.

Agreed!! Can't wait to start getting real information - and moving away from "artist renderings". ;) :D

You have all wrong the area you are talking about has nothing to do with the Yacht club, it's an area that has a hot tub and no pool and you can rent a chaise lounge for the day.

You have all wrong the area you are talking about has nothing to do with the Yacht club, it's an area that has a hot tub and no pool and you can rent a chaise lounge for the day.

Yes I think I clarified this in my subsequent posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums