Advice for NCC booking please!!

Ok, so I bought a NCC in Sept 2013 on my Jewel sailing and just converted it into a reservation about a month ago for a balcony cabin on the Adventure in Feb 2017. I was advised that I would get the $100 onboard credit that comes with purchasing a NCC.

Today, I called to book a cruise on the Anthem for November 2016 for a studio balcony this morning. It was a 6 minute call and I paid the half price deposit of $132.50. I then realized that I'd rather the Anthem cruise than the Adventure so I called back to 1) cancel my Anthem cruise and get back my deposit and 2) change my Adventure reservation to the same Anthem sail date and cabin.

First, I was told that I would have to pay $32.50 on top of my prepaid deposit as the Anthem promotion requires the full half of the deposit but during one of the many times she had me on hold, I saw on the website that the promotion is for sailings up to April 2016. Do the agents not know this? I didn't bother to bring it up though. But, I am now being told that the onboard credit will now only be $50 since it's a single cabin. Is this correct? She gave me the number for the loyalty department to dispute this.

I thought that since I purchased it before the NCC changes took place, I would still be entitled to the full $100 credit. Is this incorrect? $50 can go a long way on a cruise after hearing about the increased drink prices.

Any advice would be appreciated! :) Just spent 50 minutes on the phone with them making these changes and I've developed a headache.

V, cancel is a bad word when you are trying to use a NCC and keep your benefits. Transfer and keep the same booking number is better.

So I don't know what you did. If you signed up for a promotion on Anthem, and cancelled...then you might have lost the benefits. Did you book a solo cabin on Anthem? There is something about solos paying 200% or such to receive full benefit.

That might have changed it too.

V, cancel is a bad word when you are trying to use a NCC and keep your benefits. Transfer and keep the same booking number is better.

So I don't know what you did. If you signed up for a promotion on Anthem, and cancelled...then you might have lost the benefits. Did you book a solo cabin on Anthem? There is something about solos paying 200% or such to receive full benefit.

That might have changed it too.

I booked a solo studio cabin with a balcony on the Anthem.

I was under the impression that since I purchased my NCC in 2013 that it would fall under the old guidelines and I'd get my full $100 OBC. However, based on the pricing of this sailing, I'd forfeit $50 OBC over paying an extra $800+ for an inside cabin.

Technically, the terms on the old NCC's state that if you cancel the booking you lose both the deposit and the OBC. Had you moved the booking from one cruise to the other (we've done this several times with NCCs), the reduced deposit and the OBC follow the booking. OBC is supposed to be per cabin. However, under the new NCC rules, if you change your booking, RCL has the right to reduce your OBC to the new amounts ( a lot lower). It sounds like the combination of cancelling and re-booking as a solo triggered their doomsday pricing model.

Edited by orville99

I think maybe the solo cabin might be the issue. Since you aren't paying the single supplement, they might reduce the OBC amount. I'm not sure if it says that anywhere though.

I know our older NCC says solos paying 200% are eligible for the full amount.