Bookings for Main Dining Room

hazand

Going on first Celebrity cruise later in year. Have booked first night in Main Dining Room for 7.45pm. Have confirmation of reservation. Site will not let me make any more bookings for other nights. Is this usual? Have been trying for days. :)

This is a prime example of the stupidity of the website. Website will not let you reserve MDR times past the 1st night, yet you can call, and get reservations for the entire cruise.

Been on several cruises & always have trouble with reservations . I also get the first night in but no success with subsequent nights. Now I call the

dining/excursion number 1-800-722-5941 & someone else does it for me.:)

I assume you are talking about Select dining. The website isn't very user friendly, but I have never had trouble booking multiple nights- the key is you must do them each separately😁. You can't just pick a time for the first night and easily duplicate it. I usually do the first 2 nights and then tell the hostess when I would like to dine on the other nights. We vary our times based on port times, shows, etc.

Unless this a new problem (what? with the X website? Say it ain't so!) we've never had problems booking multiple nights for Select. Yes, the way it is structured is a total pain, selecting each day individually, then time, etc.) but it always worked. In fact we have timings scheduled for January, 2016 that we booked about a year in advance.

I would keep trying. Eventually the glitches get fixed (although I have been struggling with a different one for weeks).

It is much easier to give Celebrity a call, the UK contact number is 0844-493-6011, give them your reservation number and ask them to make your dinner reservations for the week. We did want the same time every night, so it was quite a short call and it was done and an email confirmation sent to us. Hope this is helpful. Not sure what number to call outside UK, but I got this number from the Celebrity website, via 'Contact Us'

I wasnt aware that was needed to make any bookings in MDR. If uou have "select dining" then you front up any time, any night.

If you dont have select dining then you have either the early or late sitting, whichever you select.

I wasnt aware that was needed to make any bookings in MDR. If uou have "select dining" then you front up any time, any night.

If you dont have select dining then you have either the early or late sitting, whichever you select.

That is correct but some people like to book in times anyway. Select dining also has busy times so people who do not want to wait book in advance. we normally just front up when hungry and sometimes they do not have a table ready for us. If that is the case, we go and have another drink.:D

It is much easier to give Celebrity a call, the UK contact number is 0844-493-6011, give them your reservation number and ask them to make your dinner reservations for the week. We did want the same time every night, so it was quite a short call and it was done and an email confirmation sent to us. Hope this is helpful. Not sure what number to call outside UK, but I got this number from the Celebrity website, via 'Contact Us'

thanks so much for this information. Do you wait until final payment before you book your dining or do you book early to ensure your timings?

thanks

jackieo

You don't have to make reservations for Select Dining. The only reason we do is we have a better chance of being seated at our preferred time. My husband does not do well with late dining.

We have never waited longer than a couple of minutes for a table. We may not have had any wait if we had just come when we were ready to eat but that 7-7:30 time frame can get pretty busy.

You don't have to make reservations for Select Dining. The only reason we do is we have a better chance of being seated at our preferred time. My husband does not do well with late dining.

We have never waited longer than a couple of minutes for a table. We may not have had any wait if we had just come when we were ready to eat but that 7-7:30 time frame can get pretty busy.

I find 7.30 -8.00 a much better time to dine.:D

Thanks for all the replys. Am in Australia on a NZ cruise. After trying every day for a week was allowed in. Yippee. Will 7.30 booking let us get to the late show? Is there any way of finding out when formal nights are? Are show times different on these night? Sorry for all the questions. As I said first time on Celebrity. :)

Thanks for all the replys. Am in Australia on a NZ cruise. After trying every day for a week was allowed in. Yippee. Will 7.30 booking let us get to the late show? Is there any way of finding out when formal nights are? Are show times different on these night? Sorry for all the questions. As I said first time on Celebrity. :)

Depends on your cruise and eating habits at home. I only booked ahead for first night cause I heard dining is crazy and our ship left really late and formal nights. Booked on cruise for 1 of the port days the night before. I did see some people waiting awhile and not happy on our full cruise!

On first formal night we ate first and ran to 9:00 PM show. Not enough time. Our cruise was port intensive. Started going to 7:00 PM show and eating right after. Worked out way better, in our opinion.