Fanta/sunkist

SWANOZ

I don't like fountain soda and I don't drink cocktails, wine or beer. I don't like carrying soda on board, but since Princess does not have what I like, then most times I will bring some. I know that Princess can not stock every kind of soda, but a few more would help.

Yes they can't carry all. However the solution is pretty simple that would make me likely to cruise princess again after my upcoming one. Do what RCL does and have coke cola freestyle machines on the ships. These were on my recent cruise with RCL and were awesome. You got a special cup to use with the soda package and used it to self serve yourself at these machines. Something for everyone. There is over 100 different flavors to choose from, diet options and flavoring options included. It was well worth the 7/day that it cost. Hopefully in the future princess will add these machines or I might only cruise princess in order to cruise to Alaska.

As a dyed in the wool Pepsi Next fan I have to carry on a case whenever I cruise. I can't stand

:eek:coke/diet coke:eek: in any shape.

Edited by Treven

As a dyed in the wool Pepsi Next fan I have to carry on a case whenever I cruise. I can't stand :eek:coke/diet coke :eek:in any shape.

I know right. Coke is nasty. Can't stand it at all. I also don't drink Pepsi but that is better than coke. Bringing on a case is a big hassle so don't do that. So I am stuck. Princess has by far the worst options of any major cruise line. Oh well. Hopefully they add more options in the future.

I know right. Coke is nasty. Can't stand it at all. I also don't drink Pepsi but that is better than coke. Bringing on a case is a big hassle so don't do that. So I am stuck. Princess has by far the worst options of any major cruise line. Oh well. Hopefully they add more options in the future.

My rollater walker has a small basket sort of under the front portion of the seat. It really isn't big enough for much but I manage to put a few 6-packs (cans) in there. That frees up space in any of my carry-ons.

Do what RCL does and have coke cola freestyle machines on the ships. These were on my recent cruise with RCL and were awesome. You got a special cup to use with the soda package and used it to self serve yourself at these machines. Something for everyone. There is over 100 different flavors to choose from, diet options and flavoring options included.

Great if you want to go around all day and evening carrying that special cup while remembering not to leave it anywhere.

How does that cup work in the dining room?

As a dyed in the wool Pepsi Next fan I have to carry on a case whenever I cruise. I can't stand

:eek:coke/diet coke:eek: in any shape.

I love pepsi max, but hate Next, like Diet Coke but detest Zero or life.

It must be impossible for the lines to please everyone with soda / soft drink options.

I just buy the 6 for the price of 5 thru room service. works out to be around $2 per can. I am a diet pepsi person, so I do lug on several 12 packs to enjoy before I have to settle for diet coke. Hubs is really great about lugging some on for me too. I don't like the fountain soda on Princess. They never seem to get the balance right between the syrup and the carbonated water. Either tasteless or flat.

A benefit is that doing it this way I tend to limit myself to 2 cans a day and drink water or Crystal Light (which I bring with me) the rest of the time. Crystal Light now has some caffeinated versions too.

That's the problem with gun soda, if it is all set right it can be great, but 99% of the time it isn't set right.

I don't think so. I specifically asked someone at princess and they said that it is only part of the ultimate package, which is ridiculously expensive, at least to me. I think maybe it used to be part of the soda and more but it isn't anymore.

From the Princess web site:

With our Unlimited Soda Package you'll never be without your favorite fountain sodas, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and Barq's Root Beer, to nostalgic orange soda, soda water, tonic water, and ginger ale.

With our Unlimited Soda Package you'll never be without your favorite fountain sodas, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and Barq's Root Beer, to nostalgic orange soda, soda water, tonic water, and ginger ale.

Wow that is a seriously out-of-date description. But good luck getting Princess to honor it as it is found on the dining section of the website as a "teaser" for the package rather than the Gifts and Services ordering page (and PDF form) which is clear that both soda packages are fountain sodas only.

But I would love to hear from someone who takes a screenshot (time and date stamped) of that description and orders a root beer or orange soda with only the basic package onboard.

Wow that is a seriously out-of-date description. But good luck getting Princess to honor it as it is found on the dining section of the website as a "teaser" for the package rather than the Gifts and Services ordering page (and PDF form) which is clear that both soda packages are fountain sodas only.

But I would love to hear from someone who takes a screenshot (time and date stamped) of that description and orders a root beer or orange soda with only the basic package onboard.

But what Carbill quotes specifically says Fountain Soda.