Pride of America.

I can't comment on the fee, but Lahaina, from research, is somewhere in the ballpark of 45 minutes away which probably means an expensive taxi ride.

We decided to rent a car while in Maui and it seems like that is what most cruisers do here. YMMV but it might be worth having another look?

Notion of the Ocean, thx for your reply. there will be six of us, so I guess we'd share taxi fare too.

In checking rates, we see $80.00 (supposedly including tip) for a taxi between Lahaina and Kahului (where the ship docks). You might well want to check if taxis can be available for whatever times you have in mind.

Silver Sweethearts, thank you! how did you find this rate? Where online should I look? we are on a tour in morning and would like to then head to Lahani for afternoon & evening. Do you know if the ship has a curfew when docked overnight?[emoji4]

Silver Sweethearts, thank you! how did you find this rate? Where online should I look? we are on a tour in morning and would like to then head to Lahani for afternoon & evening. Do you know if the ship has a curfew when docked overnight?[emoji4]

We just googled "Lahaina Taxi Service" and it came up with a website of the same name with rates and such. Yes, unless policy has changed you are free to stay out all night on Sunday night while in Maui if you wish. If you are going to Lahaina and have not done a luau, check out Old Lahaina Luau. It has an open bar (should your party care to indulge), and if you can arrange the taxi to pick you up after luau and drive you back to the ship, that is the smart way to do it.

For both overnights, there is no curfew, and you can come and go as you please.

Google "taxi fare finder maui HI" and there is a website that will give pretty accurate fares (this can be used for nearly every city in the US) based on the regulated fare structure. It is about $85 including tip, but there may be a surcharge for additional passengers.

Does NCL still have a shopping type excursion with varying times through the day? What we did way back in 2006 is my DD and I did the sub in the a.m. and DW and DS took a mid-day bus as part of a NCL shopping excursion and we then all took the NCL bus back. We met around mid-day after the sub excursion.

Do your google search for cab companies, then CALL them direct and inquire what cab costs may be. I say "may" because- it can easily be more- there can be huge traffic delays in Lahaina, with a meter running. So, I would always suggest, budgeting 20% more than what you are told.

You can come and go on the ship as you please, it is "open" the entire port time. There is the local bus, that does go to Lahaina - could perhaps consider this one way. Or the best use of time would be to have a rental car/s.

Has anyone taken a taxi from port to Lahani? I could pay ships transport but others want to join me later.

From what I remember about NCL to Lahania was that it came back early like 3/4 pm.

It never worked for us.

You can rent a car and the drive to Lahania, it's quite an easy one along the coast and very picturesque.

Renting a car will allow you to do a whale watch tour and visit one of the best aquariums Maui Ocean Center which is located right across the street from Pacific Whale Foundation then drive into Lahania and spend some time and even do a luau at night.

We have booked with JohnnyCab (you can google him), for all our transportation needs prior to boarding the POA (and after debarking to get to the airport). He runs some really good specials - he has a Facebook page that he uses to list the specials from time to time.

He came highly recommended when I was doing research with the CC readers.

I will know for sure if those recommendations were correct in 13 days :)