Bottled water

Is the bottled water on the ships ice cold, warm or what? If it's ice cold I may consider a package that includes it, otherwise I would just drink ship water. TIA

If you get the bottled water package, they deliver all the bottles in your package to your stateroom at room temparature, and it's up to you to cool them.

If you get bottled water as part of the Replenish, Premium, or Ultimate beverage packages, then they are cold.

Bob, is correct. Just as an FYI...my hubby and I always pre-order the Evian water package because we drink so much of it on our sailings. Is it more expensive than bringing a small case onboard yourself? Yes. Is it more convenient to simply have the cabin stewards drop off the bottles in your room upon your arrival? Yes. We keep the bottles chilled in our cabin fridge.

Works for us.

If you get the bottled water package, they deliver all the bottles in your package to your stateroom at room temparature, and it's up to you to cool them.

If you get bottled water as part of the Replenish, Premium, or Ultimate beverage packages, then they are cold.

I didn't think the Premium package included bottled water. Am I wrong? We are planning on getting the Premium Package, but now I'm thinking of upgrading to the Ultimate pkg to get the water. I always swell pretty bad on cruises and thought it might be the water. I figured I could try drinking bottled water this time to see if it helps.

I didn't think the Premium package included bottled water. Am I wrong? We are planning on getting the Premium Package, but now I'm thinking of upgrading to the Ultimate pkg to get the water. I always swell pretty bad on cruises and thought it might be the water. I figured I could try drinking bottled water this time to see if it helps.

The Premium package does included bottled still water, but does not include bottled sparkling water.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the price for a 1 liter bottle of Evian on board? I am trying to decide if it is better to buy the water package. And is it cheaper to wait to order on board or is it the same price if I order before the cruise? Thanks :)

Edited by I'mHooked

With the premium package, we would load up on bottled water before getting off the ship. Our first stop was at the promenade cafe. The bottled water they handed us was typically luke warm at its coldest. Sometimes coming right out of the multipack, not even in the fridge. Sometimes it was a 20oz bottle, sometimes larger. Sometimes we got 2 even if only asking for 1. Other times during the day they took it from the fridge. I would describe it as cold, but not "ice cold." The coldest we got was as we were getting off the ship down on deck 1. They had a big tub of ice with water in it. We showed our card, and they wrote down our room number, and we got to take 1 ice cold one :) but why couldn't they just have a Barcode scanner or something for this? It took a while to write down all the numbers!

Does anyone know the price for a 1 liter bottle of Evian on board? I am trying to decide if it is better to buy the water package. And is it cheaper to wait to order on board or is it the same price if I order before the cruise? Thanks :)

Around $4 for the 1L.

Edited by clarea

Some are chilled..some are warm..they come warm, you know! You can also refill them and stick them in your fridge! It's the same water you get in a glass with ice!...Water is water.

Water is not water. The ships water is very hi in sodium and makes my ankles swell. I'm not the only one who has this problem.

I have the premium package and I'm also bringing a 12 pack on board for the cabin.

Water is not water. The ships water is very hi in sodium and makes my ankles swell. I'm not the only one who has this problem.

I have the premium package and I'm also bringing a 12 pack on board for the cabin.

Is it okay to bring our own water bottles on board? Also during the cruise?

I thought there were sticks policies, on what you bring onboard?

Sendt fra min GT-I9295 med Tapatalk

Sendt fra min GT-I9295 med Tapatalk

I've read on here of people who put a luggage tag on a case of water and had it deliver d to the cabin like luggage. I'm going to bring a 12 pack all sealed in its shrink wrap just like you buy it and carry it on.

Technically, you cannot bring on water, but they usually allow it.

All water on the ship is 100% pure -- in fact it is purer than Evian and the other bottled waters that are spring sourced (OR NOT!) or come right from the city water plant for the bottling company city. I find on most ships that the cold water coming out of the tap is NOT cold but warm to almost hot. So drinking water is really OK on a ship -- you will not swell or get sick because of the water and the water is very "soft" because no minerals present -- means hard to wash the soap off.

Convenience wise probably is easier to have it delivered to the room or to snatch it from the bucket on a shore excursion but it is pricey. I find my best solution is the purple water bottle with the finger ring holder (rubber maid) that I use at home and on trips. It is mine (hubby's is blue), I know I need to drink 3 bottles per day at least (this helps the swelling and leg cramps) and my bottle does not get mixed up with anyone else's drink. Fill from the tap (a paper cup helps the process) and cool in the fridge.

Traveling to Taiwan and Bali last year I lost my water bottle when it rolled all the way under the seat and I could not reach it -- too much body and too short of arms. I immediately had to replace it -- no drink unknown water -- even bottled water (other countries use local source for water and I don't know the bottling standards.)

...-- you will not swell or get sick because of the water ...

This has not been our experience. My wife experiences swelling when she drinks the ship's water. Others here will say the same thing.

I did not say that you will not swell in the legs on the ship -- I said that the water will not be cause! The process of making the water is a variation on boiling the sea water and capturing the steam which is then cooled back to liquid. The machinery is huge! The process does not allow any salts, minerals or impurities because they can not go into the steam state.(behind scenes tours on many ships and all water is produced pretty much in the same processes) Usually at the end of the cruise they tell you how many gallons of water were processed during the week or so.

According to ship's doctors and my own personal doctor, the reason your feet tend to swell on trips is difference in air pressure (on the flights), often more sitting around, SALTIER food and snacks and more food than what you cook at home, more alcohol, and more walking and activity in the heat than you are used to. Water is not the culprit. I hate my purple legs that go on vacation but I hate support hose more. I just try to make as many good decisions as I can and see the ship Dr. if they don't go down after a few days.

Totally agree with some of the posts above. Water is not water, I too have a problem with swollen ankles when drinking water on the ship and do not have this problem at home. On a recent cruise with RCL I purchases a package that included sparkling water, first day was fine, then could not find it anywhere on the ship, was sent on a wild goose chase by customer service, told to go to this bar then that one, no one had any. Finally day 3 went to CS and asked for a refund, it wasn't worth my time and effort to find the elusive bottled water. I did get a full refund ..... And swollen ankles.

I did not say that you will not swell in the legs on the ship -- I said that the water will not be cause! ....

Again, this does not correspond with our experience. We have had many cruises on many different ships. If she drinks bottled water, no swelling. If she drinks the ship's water, swelling.

Desalination of the water aboard ships does not remove all salt. It may be perfectly fine for some people, but not for others.

I am medically required to drink a minimum of three to four litres of bottled spring water per day which I mix electrolytes in. I have pre-ordered two large cases and then will order more as needed.

I ordered the Evian Water package this past time and did not experience any ankle swelling. On the last cruise that I drank the ship's lemonade, iced tea and water and my ankles were so swollen by the end of the trip it was painful.

Just my experience.

I always give the porter an extra tip and he puts a luggage tag on my water.

My ankles and legs seems to swell... I am a petite person too.

Even the ice tea, lemonade does it to me.

I even bring my little mio's or add in package for my water as well.