Call Comfort Suites Cruiseport hotel from Fort Lauderdale Airport?

CathSmith

Arriving at Fort Lauderdale Airport for cruise later this year. Booked at Comfort Suites Cruiseport. Looking at Trip Advisor I see that they no longer have a phone line that you can call to request a shuttle pick up. According to manager "most people use their own cellphones". Would have to pay roaming charges to use my cellphone (am Canadian). Are there any other options for contacting the hotel? Pay phone? Courtesy Desk at airport?

Arriving at Fort Lauderdale Airport for cruise later this year. Booked at Comfort Suites Cruiseport. Looking at Trip Advisor I see that they no longer have a phone line that you can call to request a shuttle pick up. According to manager "most people use their own cellphones". Would have to pay roaming charges to use my cellphone (am Canadian). ?

Call your phone carrier. Plans vary.

Doesn't the hotel have a running schedule? Most run every half to full hour. Unless you arriving at some off peak hour. Lots of cruisers just cab it for the $12-15 or so cab fare. No wait time.;)

Edited by eandj

Arriving at Fort Lauderdale Airport for cruise later this year. Booked at Comfort Suites Cruiseport. Looking at Trip Advisor I see that they no longer have a phone line that you can call to request a shuttle pick up. According to manager "most people use their own cellphones". Would have to pay roaming charges to use my cellphone (am Canadian). Are there any other options for contacting the hotel? Pay phone? Courtesy Desk at airport?

I haven't seen payphones there in a long time.

Call your carrier and use your cell phone.

We too wondered how to do this last March Break. Roaming charges are brutal. There are complimentary phones to use at the end of the baggage claim area. We called the hotel and were told to call back once we had our luggage. It was a bit of a wait though. The hotel is in walking distance to a shopping area and there are a few restaurants nearby (Mexican, McD's, Taco Bell and a diner that looked like a train car which was great)

• 2 weeks later...

I would not bother getting a plan on your cell phone they are a rip off. All kinds of apps out there that you can download to make free calls to USA / Canada numbers like Magic Jack app (called magicapp) or any of the other 100 free apps.

Download one to you smartphone or tablet. Put phone in airplane mode, turn wifi on, connect to airports free wifi and make your call for FREE :D

OP, call your cellphone provider and ask about their travel packages. We always buy one when we travel. The one I have usually bought gets me approximately 100 minutes talking in US and unlimited texts incoming and a certain # of outgoing texts (maybe 200 or more) for $25.00 Puerto Rico and the US VIrgin Islands count as the US for the phone plan so if your cruise goes to either you are covered.

Seems like everyone is making things more difficult then they can be lol. Sure you can get a roaming plan, but whats the point in paying when you can do it free? And will that roaming plan work when your out of USA on an island or is that another plan you have to pay for? Even buying a prepaid USA cell phone would only work in USA.

I am pretty sure there are payphones at the airport or guest services can help you make a call to a shuttle but the best easiest way in this day and age is free apps that let you call USA/Canada free with just a wifi connection and there is free wifi at the FLL airport.

The app I use is like you have a complete cell plan over the internet but for free. Voicemail, texting, caller id, you name it same thing for free. Used it in China, Dominican, Grand Cayman, Mexico, Cuba and throughout Europe. All FREE!.

The app is called textme.

How it works.

The other person does NOT need to have the app. Some apps work great but both people need the app.. This app you can call any number, any phone.

Your given a local phone number in (or near your) real area code at home. So you can give that number to all your friends and family so they can call you.

Texting is completely free

Incoming calls is completely free

Voicemail, Caller id is completely free.

When your calling someone you need credits. For USA and Canada numbers its 1 credit is worth 1 minute. It is completely free and VERY EASY to earn FREE Credits.. In the app there is a section that says "earn credits" you can go there and simply download other apps, open that app and you will earn credits. Then you delete the app you downloaded.

Will take you like 5 minutes to earn 60 credits which equals an hour of calling time...again when people call you its free.

Test it out at home get used to it,, get some credits for your trip.. Will be the number one app for calling you will use on all your travels... ;)

When you board plane in Canada put your phone on airplane mode and manually turn wifi on, when you land in FLL, connect to their free wifi, open textme and dial the shuttles number to get picked up.

When you don't have a wifi connection, don't worry about missing a call or text...as soon as you connect to internet your texts people sent you will come in and if anyone left you a voicemail you will receive a notice right in the app.

Very easy app to use and 100% free and while your sitting on whatever island if their is wifi you have contact home FREE

Edited by jb456