Jazzbeau

Hydrokitty

Hi Jazz:

I have a question: how does the Vantage Q & A work regarding answers? I've never done one before and I'm wondering where the answers appear.

You're right, the girls could probably beat the Cosmos!! :)

Edited by Hydrokitty

Sorry for the delayed response, but I'm in Acadia National Park and the promised internet in our cottage didn't materialize [i'm sure there's a pun involving ether here, but I'm still feeling groggy from a nap!]. Anyway, it appears you figured this out because I see that you have questions and answers in the Vantage Q&A area. That is set up as its own separate forum, so each question goes in a separate thread and after Vantage answers others can comment.

Unfortunately, they're 2 days into their 3-day Q&A and they've only provided an answer to 3 questions. :(

Yes...and I'm not too thrilled with the answer to my question either. He just spit out the party line.

Sorry for the delayed response, but I'm in Acadia National Park and the promised internet in our cottage didn't materialize [i'm sure there's a pun involving ether here, but I'm still feeling groggy from a nap!]. Anyway, it appears you figured this out because I see that you have questions and answers in the Vantage Q&A area. That is set up as its own separate forum, so each question goes in a separate thread and after Vantage answers others can comment.

Hey have fun.....I'm ashamed to admit that Maine is one of the 7 states I haven't visited yet....but will be on our Celebrity Cruise, including Acadia NP. Yes, I discovered it this morning, although as ewizabeff pointed out, he's only answered 3 questions all day!!

LL Bean has become a huge operation in Freeport, and a shopping mall has grown up around it. When I first went there, it was one building -- the retail store was the second story over the mail-order warehouse -- and was about the only thing in Freeport. It was open all night though -- that was mind-blowing then, before we got spoiled by the internet and Amazon prime shipping! I've been a fan forever.

We waved as we went by (on 95) this time, because we had stocked up on so much hiking gear for the Camino trip last year. Driving up on July 4 was either going to be brilliant or crazy -- brilliant won! No traffic at all. Good thing we had a reservation though because everything was sold out for miles from Bah Ha-bah [until Sunday night, when every place put up the Vacancy signs] Had lobster three times today [not breakfast, but lobster rolls for lunch, lobster bisque to start dinner, and then lobster newburg for dinner. I had read that lobster was very cheap the last few years, but this year prices are through the roof. We'll keep eating it though :D:D:D

Yes...and I'm not too thrilled with the answer to my question either. He just spit out the party line.

Looks like he is missing an opportunity to engage with current and potential customers.

I had a quick read through the questions (and an even quicker read through the few answers :) ) and it looks like Vantage will be staying off of our list.

Lots of good and reasonable questions which seem to characterize a slow decline in service levels and no engagement from senior management in actually addressing them head-on.

I do love it when the answer comes back as 'our guests asked for this'.

So when asked the question 'who would like a depersonalized service on shore and onboard staff too busy to really help' apparently most people said 'yes please' it seems :)

Looks like he is missing an opportunity to engage with current and potential customers.

I had a quick read through the questions (and an even quicker read through the few answers :) ) and it looks like Vantage will be staying off of our list.

Lots of good and reasonable questions which seem to characterize a slow decline in service levels and no engagement from senior management in actually addressing them head-on.

I do love it when the answer comes back as 'our guests asked for this'.

So when asked the question 'who would like a depersonalized service on shore and onboard staff too busy to really help' apparently most people said 'yes please' it seems :)

Yes the Q & A is quite disappointing both for the lack of responses and for the few responses that were made. And I love your "question and answer".....begs the question "who are these people who are asking for one person to do nothing but make them dinner reservations, because in 7 cruises with Vantage, I've never seen, let alone met, any of them!! :D

That being said: I would not write off Vantage...Management is terrible but the people who actually do the work on and with the passengers are fantastic. I have never had anyone on any of my trips make me feel that I was "interrupting their work" with a question or request. The TM'S are all wonderful, even when frazzled....the only concierge I had dealings with was not so much but I only interacted with her that one time....the dining room staff is always more than willing to meet a special request, even when I sent something back because I didn't like it....they made me a new plate without the offending sauce and served it within 10 minutes! The cabin stewards have always been great, once coming to my cabin at 10 pm. because there was a HUGE (not yelling jb) spider on the wall and I am terrified of them! (he had to use his key to get in the room because I locked myself in the bathroom)...so my complaint is not with the Vantage employees, it's with the management and I think they're a little out of touch with the reality of who it is that's paying the freight...

LL Bean has become a huge operation in Freeport, and a shopping mall has grown up around it. When I first went there, it was one building -- the retail store was the second story over the mail-order warehouse -- and was about the only thing in Freeport. It was open all night though -- that was mind-blowing then, before we got spoiled by the internet and Amazon prime shipping! I've been a fan forever.

We waved as we went by (on 95) this time, because we had stocked up on so much hiking gear for the Camino trip last year. Driving up on July 4 was either going to be brilliant or crazy -- brilliant won! No traffic at all. Good thing we had a reservation though because everything was sold out for miles from Bah Ha-bah [until Sunday night, when every place put up the Vacancy signs] Had lobster three times today [not breakfast, but lobster rolls for lunch, lobster bisque to start dinner, and then lobster newburg for dinner. I had read that lobster was very cheap the last few years, but this year prices are through the roof. We'll keep eating it though :D:D:D

You do what you have to do and if that means forcing yourself to eat lobster 3x a day, well.....what can I say besides "pass the butter please" :D:D:D

Virtually my entire wardrobe is LL Bean....he is my "designer of choice" although having never been to Maine, I haven't visited their store. Maybe when I'm on the Fall Foliage cruise.

Interesting comment on the traffic July 4th. My daughter said the same thing. They went camping up near New Paltz and left LI at 5 a.m. Friday thinking it would take them 5-6 hours due to traffic. She said they hit none on the way up and while it was heavier on the way back Sunday, it was moving well and only took them 3 hours.