All night long?

Hinano

I never, ever wear stilettos on a cruise ship. They certainly can't enforce it, because they'd be looking to pay out a lot in medical. I opt for lower, wider heels that can be more stable when the ship is rocking. I was much happier (and still looking cuter 😇) than those that had to take off their stilettos & walk barefoot when the ship was too rocky.

We usually stay fairly dressed up, but I definitely untie my bow tie, and if it's warm, I take off my tuxedo jacket.

I think you'll be fine. :)

I prefer this look. Shows you had enough class to dress up for dinner and are now ready to loosen up & have fun.

My wife is not here right now, but after a couple of decades of marriage, I can assure you that her answer would be, "Yes. Any excuse to buy new shoes is a good one." Also purses.

Is your wife also my wife??:confused::confused::D

My wife is not here right now, but after a couple of decades of marriage, I can assure you that her answer would be, "Yes. Any excuse to buy new shoes is a good one." Also purses.

Ahh, you get it!!! :)

People look just as good, if not better, in crisp, nice casual clothes than worn-out suits or tuxedos from the 1960s.

Just because you are wearing clothing that was once formal doesn't necessarily it's nice. :) (not intending that for you! Just in general, we have seen so many hideous formal attire I'd greatly prefer country club casual over it).

There actually is something between formal and worn-out/from the 1960's. :) Many of us actually update our wardrobe on a rather frequent basis..... including the above mentioned shoes. :)

There actually is something between formal and worn-out/from the 1960's. :) Many of us actually update our wardrobe on a rather frequent basis..... including the above mentioned shoes. :)

Oh I'm aware. :)

But I was wearing a polo shirt and khakis one night on the Eurodam when a dude in a baaaaad tuxedo told me off for not dressing well. I just laughed and told him to have a nice trip.

That's the equivalent of saying "squirrel" to most of us ladies.

Btw, do you think I could wear these sandals to the Mariners Brunch? :)

Very nice! They should be dressy enough for anything - except maybe rocky seas if you're not used to higher heels

That's the equivalent of saying "squirrel" to most of us ladies.

Btw, do you think I could wear these sandals to the Mariners Brunch? :)

IMO, these are very nice. I never knew sandals were allowed at the Mariners lunch. I've worn dressy sandals and no one looked or commented. I also wouldn't consider these sandals just because they are strappy.

I wonder if they mean more plain, flip-flops styles are not permitted?

I say if you can wear them without falling or twisting your ankle, more power to you. ☺

Not into crappy clothes but I will change into casual clothes: I pay hundreds of dollars for a hydrotherapy pool/thermal suite pass and I intend to use it without having to walk to the spa in formal wear. Getting rid of aches and pains and relaxation is high on the list of why we take cruises with Holland America. If HAL has a problem with that then they should close the spa, close the gym, close the pool, close the sauna... on formal/gala evenings.

i agree with you. we have a late seating usually and often wear the formal gear for about four hours. well past ten p.m., when we change, who cares. it is dinner and toasts and staircases where it is important. the rest of the cruise is your home. i don't own crappy clothes either. i think that person may be regretting that comment. but is okay. all is fair in love and cruising.

i love your witticisms.

• 3 weeks later...
Forget the extremely high heals and buy new shoes with a lower heal. Most people stay dressed for the evening. I certainly do and appreciate other who stay dressed.

So it really matters to you what others wear as they enjoy the ship after dinner. WOW

People look just as good, if not better, in crisp, nice casual clothes than worn-out suits or tuxedos from the 1960s.

Just because you are wearing clothing that was once formal doesn't necessarily it's nice. :) (not intending that for you! Just in general, we have seen so many hideous formal attire I'd greatly prefer country club casual over it).

It's not a question of "what looks good" but of what your contract spells out.

Then again, people look better in crisp, nice formal attire than in worn out casual clothes from the 1960's.