No more carry-on bottles of anything!

jayscore

I just received an Email from CCL stating no more bottles of any kind of liquid* will be allowed to be carried on.

Sealed cans will be accepted, though........

:o

*water, pop, juice, etc.

Edited by jayscore

I just received an Email from CCL stating no more bottles of any kind of liquid* will be allowed to be carried on.

*water, pop, juice, etc.

Thanks for the update Jay. It was announced about a month ago and just prior to the announcement the Bon Voyage department lowered the price on bottled water to 2.99 per 12 pack. Strongly encouraging people to order from them rather than carry on, now since banned.

*water, pop, juice, etc.

Does that include wine?

Thanks for the update Jay. It was announced about a month ago and just prior to the announcement the Bon Voyage department lowered the price on bottled water to 2.99 per 12 pack. Strongly encouraging people to order from them rather than carry on, now since banned.

That was actually pretty amusing. Everyone was ordering or trying to beat the system because everyone was led to believe it was an error. Even someone at Carnival at some point thought it was an error, as orders started to get cancelled at their end.

Should make it interesting if there's ever a run on the banks when everyone realizes the country is going bankrupt, and word spreads like wildfire on the Internet , and not like what happened in 1929 by word of mouth when there was no internet.

Edited by SeeBurd

I ordered mine yesterday. I only carried on one bottle of water and refilled it on the Lido. I don't have to think about carrying around a bottle and refilling it whenever I run out.

Edited by elliair

I know I am knit picking but when they say no bottles does that mean no shampoo bottles, soap bottles, etc. LOL

They'll figure out a way to ban those if they could. Especially nit and lice shampoo.

Thanks for the info. I took a break from CC for a bit and missed the uproar too.

I stopped bringing bottled water a long time ago b/c it's such a waste of money and it kills the environment. I started bringing a refillable sports bottle and I now fill it each day before leaving the ship.

I know I am knit picking but when they say no bottles does that mean no shampoo bottles, soap bottles, etc. LOL

No.

People are no longer allowed to carry on cases of bottled water nor bottled soda/juice. Any drinks carried on must be in 12 oz or smaller cans.

*water, pop, juice, etc.

Thanks for the info. Even if, as some say it was old news, it was new to me. I don't read the boards every day so no telling what I have missed, but this was interesting information.