sleep, park and cruise help

Jeanny

thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciate it. We're probably going to look into staying overnight Saturday at the Comfort Inn and going to the port around 9:30am. Now, my dilemma might be finding a parking spot near the Comfort Inn...maybe there will be some spots open at the Terminal on Saturday when we get there;) We can leave our big luggage in the car.. it's not far of a walk with the stroller and an overnight bag from what I can figure out.

Feel very relieved now!!!

Edited by Jeanny

thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciate it. We're probably going to look into staying overnight Saturday at the Comfort Inn and going to the port around 9:30am. Now, my dilemma might be finding a parking spot near the Comfort Inn...maybe there will be some spots open at the Terminal on Saturday when we get there;) We can leave our big luggage in the car.. it's not far of a walk with the stroller and an overnight bag from what I can figure out.

You won't be able to park at the cruise terminal the day before. The parking lot is only open on cruise days.

If you park at a garage near your hotel it can easily cost you $50 or more for the day.

we're sailing on the 3/6/2016 Breakaway to the Bahama's. Any suggestion for sleep, park and cruise hotels in the NY/NJ area? Someone suggested staying in the LGA area... Do any hotels have shuttles or should we just get a car service? it will be 3 adults and one infant. thanks!! :)

We stay ay Ink48 which is a Kimpton Hotel. The hotel is amazing and we can literally watch our ship come in. Also, the bellman will take your luggage etc. on a bell cart to the ship (it is about a three minute walk..and they check your luggage in with the porters so you don't have to wait for the masses.).

We stay ay Ink48 which is a Kimpton Hotel. The hotel is amazing and we can literally watch our ship come in. Also, the bellman will take your luggage etc. on a bell cart to the ship (it is about a three minute walk..and they check your luggage in with the porters so you don't have to wait for the masses.).

really??? .. ok, I'll have to check that out!! thank you :)

You won't be able to park at the cruise terminal the day before. The parking lot is only open on cruise days.

If you park at a garage near your hotel it can easily cost you $50 or more for the day.

ok, then there goes that idea... thanks!! we'll look for other parking then. I appreciate the help :) rwslv suggested another hotel that I'm going to also look into!

I assume this is a comfort in in NYC correct?

The reason for this is that you want to stay in NYC the night before?

Ok sounds reasonable and fun

Btw.....no need to try and find a parking spot....they just don't exist....

You will be parking in a parking garage and paying what they want you to pay

Call the hotel and ask where the nearest lot is and then on Sunday morning just drive to the terminal as you aren't parking there on Saturday no matter how much you might like to. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ok, then there goes that idea... thanks!! we'll look for other parking then. I appreciate the help :) rwslv suggested another hotel that I'm going to also look into!

You're going to pay for parking at any hotel in Manhattan, and many don't have their own garage, requiring you to find one on your own in the area. Some hotels may have package rates that include parking, but you're still paying for it in your room rate.

One hotel that may offer more reasonably priced parking is the Travel Inn on West 42nd St. It's an acceptable place, not fancy like Ink48. Travel Inn used to be the only hotel in Manhattan offering free parking, but it no longer does:

http://www.thetravelinnhotel.com/

Frankly I think you should consider staying at a hotel in Connecticut or Westchester as some other posters have suggested.

Anybody ever stay at the Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island with the PARK/STAY/CRUISE plan?

NCL cruises from Manhattan. The HGI package is for cruises from Cape Liberty in Bayonne.

You should post your questions about it on the East Coast Departures board.

Either save your money and just leave at 6am and drive

Or

If you really want to leave the day before just stay in Westchester and get a nice lower priced hotel on route 119 with an indoor pool and great restaurants with a 3 mile radius....heck come into white plains and see what all the fuss is about ....it's a mini manhattan north....and incredible!!!!

If for some reason you still want NYC....seriously....just book a room and put the car in any lot nearby...there is no saving money in that scenario....but a lot more headaches. Lol

I assume this is a comfort in in NYC correct?

The reason for this is that you want to stay in NYC the night before?

Ok sounds reasonable and fun

Btw.....no need to try and find a parking spot....they just don't exist....

You will be parking in a parking garage and paying what they want you to pay

Call the hotel and ask where the nearest lot is and then on Sunday morning just drive to the terminal as you aren't parking there on Saturday no matter how much you might like to. Lol

thanks Luvtheships! yeah, there is a Comfort Inn that I'm looking into ( 548 West 48th Street), how close is that to the terminal? and yes, when I say "parking spot", I actually meant in a parking garage/lot. That's what I love about these boards...someone will be able to help answer all of my questions. ink48 was also suggested.. the dates I need aren't available but I'll call the hotel directly.

We figured if we stay overnight and just go to the terminal between 9am-10am, we'd avoid having to get up really early and on the road by 6am and stress over traffic, weather or anything else that could put a wrench in our vacation. If we're down there in NYC the day/night before, we'd be able to relax a little bit and actually start our vacation early! :)

I'm still going to look into your suggestions about Tarry Town/westchester area too. My son-in-law knows that area when he has to go down there for business trips.

Edited by Jeanny

Either save your money and just leave at 6am and drive

Or

If you really want to leave the day before just stay in Westchester and get a nice lower priced hotel on route 119 with an indoor pool and great restaurants with a 3 mile radius....heck come into white plains and see what all the fuss is about ....it's a mini manhattan north....and incredible!!!!

If for some reason you still want NYC....seriously....just book a room and put the car in any lot nearby...there is no saving money in that scenario....but a lot more headaches. Lol

WOW Luvtheships!! I just checked out the Westchester area!!! those prices are way lower!! I'm going to find out where my son-in-law stays and go from there! thanks so much for those suggestions!

Edited by Jeanny

48 th and 12 th ave is where the ncl ships debark

Which if course is the west side

Not sure where the actual number you posted would be located though

Could be anywhere from 8 th ave to 12 th

Someone here is sure to chime in though

Or just call the hotel

As you know this part of NYC is one big north/south east/west square grid. So pretty easy to navigate

The Comfort Inn at 548 W.48th St. is located between 10th and 11th Aves. It's a stone's throw from Pier 88 (48th St. and 12th Ave) where the Breakaway docks. The hotel does not have a parking lot or garage.

48 th and 12 th ave is where the ncl ships debark

Which if course is the west side

Not sure where the actual number you posted would be located though

Could be anywhere from 8 th ave to 12 th

Someone here is sure to chime in though

Or just call the hotel

As you know this part of NYC is one big north/south east/west square grid. So pretty easy to navigate

yeah, I checked the directions and it shows something like .25 miles from the Comfort Inn to the terminal.. but I have no idea how long that will actually take to drive over to it:D I'm thinking only a few minutes, but it's NYC!!!

thanks Luvtheships! yeah, there is a Comfort Inn that I'm looking into ( 548 West 48th Street), how close is that to the terminal? and yes, when I say "parking spot", I actually meant in a parking garage/lot. That's what I love about these boards...someone will be able to help answer all of my questions. ink48 was also suggested.. the dates I need aren't available but I'll call the hotel directly.

We figured if we stay overnight and just go to the terminal between 9am-10am, we'd avoid having to get up really early and on the road by 6am and stress over traffic, weather or anything else that could put a wrench in our vacation. If we're down there in NYC the day/night before, we'd be able to relax a little bit and actually start our vacation early! :)

I'm still going to look into your suggestions about Tarry Town/westchester area too. My son-in-law knows that area when he has to go down there for business trips.

Living in the metro ny area all my life, I can tell you travel, even from an area 20 miles away, is a crap shoot! We have been stuck on the road due to late construction, accident closures and parades many times It is so much better to be close to the port. It is also nice to have some time to walk around in Manhattan The downside is you pay more for the location.