How To Tell If You Are Addicticted To Cruising

mechcc

Thought it would be fun for everyone to share their moments of realization that they are addicted to cruising.

Mine was going shopping for clothes for work and discovering that the selections were being evaluated on "can I wear this to dinner and how well will it pack?" or "is this suitable for shore excursions?"

Thought it would be fun for everyone to share their moments of realization that they are addicted to cruising. Mine was going shopping for clothes for work and discovering that the selections were being evaluated on "can I wear this to dinner and how well will it pack?" or "is this suitable for shore excursions?"

When we're spending big money, I figure out how many cruises I could buy for the same money. That's why we don't have a swimming pool :rolleyes:

Candy <-- working on Zuidy #6 on 11/12

You know you are addicted when you have the same physical reactions to the thought of your next cruise that you used to have when you weren't feeling well ie: sweaty palms, twitching eyes, a slight fever when you see a pix of a ship. You know. :) Tee-Hee

Trish

I'm busted on all these!

Here's one more...you spend the year prior to the cruise researching and planning...then you go on your 7 day cruise...afterwards you spend the next year writing your cruise memoirs and processing the 600+ pictures you took while on that 7 day cruise. The result is a comment from your husband..."Who would have thought that a 7 day cruise could last TWO YEARS!!"

Debjo

You know you are addicted when you have the same physical reactions to the thought of your next cruise that you used to have when you weren't feeling well ie: sweaty palms, twitching eyes, a slight fever when you see a pix of a ship. You know. :) Tee-Hee

Trish

Good Morning Kakalina,

I see by your signature that you have made multiple cruises on the Statendam.:D

We are booked on the Statendam for the Jan 2006 cruise out of Auckland. You must love Statendam. Would you mind being a resource for our questions?

My wife and I know were were hooked on cruising at about our third "pampered meal" onboard NCL Dream in May 05. "Lets just move on board" sez Barbara:cool:

I know I've always loved cruises since my honeymoon 13 years ago. But this summer, leaving the Zuiderdam, I actually cried a little. We're not cruising next summer since HAL is out of the Caribbean, and I was sad thinking of all the special moments - swimming at HMC, the incredible beds, the graciousness of all the staff, Chocolate volcano cake, and that indescribable excitement/peace of sitting on the verandah watching us sail away from Ft. Lauderdale.

You know you're addicted when cruising is a regular line item in youou know you're addicted when cruising is a regular line item in your household budget ... right up there with food and utilities! :)

You know you're addicted when cruising is a regular line item in your household budget ... right up there instead of food and utilities!

I just always knew. Before I ever went on a cruise, before I ever stepped on a boat. Maybe it dates back to when I first went to the beach as a kid and saw a ship on the horizon . . . .

Or maybe it was one of the Hope-Crosby-Lamour Road movies set on a ship? ;)

For those of us living in California:

When an earthquake occurs, you think "Wow, the ship is really rocking today."

Happened to me this morning while in yoga class!! :)

Hahaha--

Too Funny!!!

You know you're addicted when friends regularly ask "When is your next cruise?"

Good Morning Kakalina,

I see by your signature that you have made multiple cruises on the Statendam.:D

We are booked on the Statendam for the Jan 2006 cruise out of Auckland. You must love Statendam. Would you mind being a resource for our questions?

My wife and I know were were hooked on cruising at about our third "pampered meal" onboard NCL Dream in May 05. "Lets just move on board" sez Barbara:cool:

Hi Jack, Sorry it took so long I missed your earlier post somehow :) I would be more than happy to give you any information I can, although I am certain there are others on the boards more qualified than I.

The Satendam is our favorite HAL ship so far. I say so far as we have not yet sailed on them all although I am trying my best to make it so. Some say she is a little bit tattered and worn and they would be right; certainly when she is finished with her SOE she should shine again.

It's really hard to say why a certain ship is your favorite, possibly because she was the first ship we sailed on.

Good luck on your cruise.

Trisha

Archived