Any reason Caribe deck would be unpopular?

mrsgthatsme

I'm looking to book a balcony on this deck on the Ruby. There is a whole group of cat B2 premium balcony rooms available. (basically C518 - C534 on both sides). Two questions about these rooms. First why would this entire section still be available, then it's listed as a twin w/two uppers. I'd like to know if the twins could be pushed together in this cabin. Thanks in advance to anyone who knows!

I'm looking to book a balcony on this deck on the Ruby. There is a whole group of cat B2 premium balcony rooms available. (basically C518 - C534 on both sides). Two questions about these rooms. First why would this entire section still be available, then it's listed as a twin w/two uppers. I'd like to know if the twins could be pushed together in this cabin. Thanks in advance to anyone who knows!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.....no rhyme or reason why a block of cabins are available. Are there just 2 of you in the cabin? If so yes the twins can be pushed together. The 2 additional berths should fold up into the wall/ceiling out of the way.

If either of those upper berths are used then its Princess policy not to allow the twins to be pushed together for safety reasons. However Stewart will usually do it if you request. ;)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.....no rhyme or reason why a block of cabins are available. Are there just 2 of you in the cabin? If so yes the twins can be pushed together. The 2 additional berths should fold up into the wall/ceiling out of the way.

If either of those upper berths are used then its Princess policy not to allow the twins to be pushed together for safety reasons. However Stewart will usually do it if you request. ;)

Great, thanks for the quick reply. It's not just the two of us; we have 7 y/o twins. We've done 5 Disney cruises in the last 3 years with them, but they're getting older and we feel a little more comfortable with them doing stuff outside of the ever watching eye of Disney. We're actually booked on an upcoming B2B on a Disney ship, but we decided pretty last minute (at least in terms of booking on a ship) to try something new. Waiting this long left our room choices sort of limited. So unless anyone knows a great trick on how to get into a higher class cabin with a little more room we'll make this one work. Again, thanks for the prompt reply.

...So unless anyone knows a great trick on how to get into a higher class cabin with a little more room we'll make this one work...

My advice is to book a balcony cabin you can live with, then have your booking marked "meta upgrade only". That way if you do get upgraded, it will be to a mini-suite or better. You won't get "upgraded" to a less-desirable balcony cabin doing it this way.

I would recommend a Caribe deck balcony since there are four of you in one cabin. The larger balcony space on this deck will make the cabin more livable if you don't get an upgrade :).

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

I always avoided Caribe balconies because I like fully covered balconies. In April, we booked late and wanted 2 side by side cabins on the Crown. They had them available on Caribe, so we tried it. It really was OK. The uncovered portion didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. We mostly sat under the covered part and were only in the uncovered part when we stood at the rail. It was fine.

My advice is to book a balcony cabin you can live with, then have your booking marked "meta upgrade only". That way if you do get upgraded, it will be to a mini-suite or better. You won't get "upgraded" to a less-desirable balcony cabin doing it this way.

I would recommend a Caribe deck balcony since there are four of you in one cabin. The larger balcony space on this deck will make the cabin more livable if you don't get an upgrade :).

Yes!

There are four of us booked in side by side Caribe balconies for our Sept 12th cruise. I was a little hesitant at first about those cabins because of part of the balcony being uncovered, but decided to go for it because of the extra space. After reading so much about the balconies on this deck I am glad we booked them and I know we will definitely enjoy them!

I was a little hesitant at first about those cabins because of part of the balcony being uncovered...

I have a slightly different definition of what is covered on these balconies.

The picture below shows that a good part of the balcony is covered.

980A065%208.10.12%20Cabin%20C331%20balcony%20is%20half%20covered%20DSC01317_zpseehcxdhh.jpg

But this picture gives another view. The way I look at it, the entire balcony is covered. Part of the cover is from the deck immediately above. But the rest of the balcony is covered by a ceiling several decks higher.

980A184%208.10.12%20Balcony%20has%20low%20and%20high%20coverings%20DSC01442_zpsjaj7psp3.jpg

What I consider to be an uncovered balcony is the one to the right on the deck below. There is no ceiling over that balcony at all.

Not totally correct. There are Cat. BD and BE on the Caribe decks on grand class ships, with Cats. BA, BB and BC on decks above that have smaller balconies.

Shhhh. Don't tell everyone! Lol.

I have a slightly different definition of what is covered on these balconies.

The picture below shows that a good part of the balcony is covered.

980A065%208.10.12%20Cabin%20C331%20balcony%20is%20half%20covered%20DSC01317_zpseehcxdhh.jpg

But this picture gives another view. The way I look at it, the entire balcony is covered. Part of the cover is from the deck immediately above. But the rest of the balcony is covered by a ceiling several decks higher.

980A184%208.10.12%20Balcony%20has%20low%20and%20high%20coverings%20DSC01442_zpsjaj7psp3.jpg

What I consider to be an uncovered balcony is the one to the right on the deck below. There is no ceiling over that balcony at all.

Is this the Island/Coral?

Thanks for the responses. How do I go about marking my reservation "do not upgrade" or meta upgrade only to avoid being moved off the Caribe floor as an "upgrade?"

Ask your TA or Princess booking rep - depending on how you booked your cruise. It is not something you can do as self-service in Cruise Personalizer.