What are your favorite dinners items from the new menu?

MaiTaiMary

I haven't sailed with the new menus yet but I'm looking forward to trying the fried calamari, fried oysters and the spaghetti carbonara. I'm also thrilled to see the cream of ripened tomato soup is still available but disappointed that the warm fig, date and cinnamon cake is no longer being offered. They have some type of fig pudding, but I'm just not sure how I'll like it. We shall see. ;)

The tuna appetizer. It's on the same noodles as the duck appetizer on the old menu. ( this might be a West coast exclusive).

The root vegetable pot pie is also good.

The salmon on the west coast menu is very good.

The Indian vegetarian meals haven't changed.

Edited by SadieN

• 2 weeks later...

The pasta carbonara has been on the old menu for several years. I think it's pretty good and one time I found it better in the MDR than what I was served in Cucina.

I'm looking forward to the flat bread, kale Caesar salad, calamari and I'm glad they have brought back beef wellington.

I noticed this when I printed out the menus. I am a novice to this. do they serve the same exact Indian dish night after night?

It used to be different every night, and I imagine it still is. It is a mystery what you will get though. There will always be rice, yogurt, pickle, and roti. There is a type of daal each night too. Then usually two other things.

I hate it that the new menu rollout has stalled. The Conquest was to get them in August and we were looking forward to them in October.

I was excited about the flatbreads for appetizers and I was looking forward to the ribs not being on Formal night! I want prime rib one night and ribs the next. Now, we will still have the same menu. Also, loved the idea of having whatever sides I wanted. I could fill up on the veggies and the meat I love without the carbs I don't need.

Never understood the people who complained about the new menus saying there was nothing they liked. There were always 4-5 basics in addition to the 4 or 5 new ones each night for main meal. How can you not find something you like with up to 10 different main meals each night? I am a picky eater and saw something each night I would have liked (and I don't like fish!).

Never understood the people who complained about the new menus saying there was nothing they liked. There were always 4-5 basics in addition to the 4 or 5 new ones each night for main meal. How can you not find something you like with up to 10 different main meals each night? I am a picky eater and saw something each night I would have liked (and I don't like fish!).

Eh, everyone is different. On the last two menus there were always nights I couldn't find an entree I wanted to eat, so it is no surprise that there are nights on this menu that I also can't find something I want to eat. The surprise on these menus is there are days I can't find an appetizer I want to eat either. And even on days that something SOUNDED good, didn't mean it was going to taste good. I don't eat fish, pork, or any young animals (veal, lamb, etc). I'm really picky about beef and rarely eat cheese. I usually find chicken boring. It makes Carnival's menu very limiting. At home I eat more ethnic food; Carnival seems very "American standard". I am so thankful for the Indian entree, but there is only so many nights I want to eat that.

No biggie, that's what pizza and room service is for.

Edited by skittl1321

My favorites in each category were brought forward from the old menu.

Two nights I skipped the entree and had 2 appetizers and once 2 desserts.

Food is subjective so this is just opinion, but I found lots of items I missed and very few new items that I had an interest in trying.

Eh, everyone is different. On the last two menus there were always nights I couldn't find an entree I wanted to eat, so it is no surprise that there are nights on this menu that I also can't find something I want to eat. The surprise on these menus is there are days I can't find an appetizer I want to eat either. And even on days that something SOUNDED good, didn't mean it was going to taste good. I don't eat fish, pork, or any young animals (veal, lamb, etc). I'm really picky about beef and rarely eat cheese. I usually find chicken boring. It makes Carnival's menu very limiting. At home I eat more ethnic food; Carnival seems very "American standard". I am so thankful for the Indian entree, but there is only so many nights I want to eat that.

No biggie, that's what pizza and room service is for.

I really do not think that it is the menu's fault here. " I'm really picky" seems to be the problem. How can the menu be more limiting than your description of what you like to eat and don't like to eat. I think only your own menu would make you happy. Unfortunately, the only place you can get that is at your home.

oh, I've been trying to find them! thank you! :)

While Zydeco has the menus posted they are from several months ago. There have been many changes since he uploaded these. John Heald did post them on his social media site when he was on the Glory a couple of weeks ago, which is why I know they are different.

I liked the veal parm and the Beef Wellington. I also like being able to have mashed potatoes every night as well as steamed broccoli most nights.

When is the beef Wellington? I recently got off the liberty and was looking forward to that and they didn't have it the whole cruise. Is it on the longer sailings?

• 3 months later...