Explore 4 USA 2016-2017

cp556

I'm not sure Dave. We are also on the 21 day Panama Canal Westerdam on March 12, 2016 If explore 4 is offered we will have to seriously analyze current perks/price vs drink package which is over $2000 for the two of us.

Unfortunately the March 12th, 2016 Westerdam sailing is NOT listed for the Explore4 :(

We were planning to book our next cruise on board the Westerdam August 29th... Do you think this will still be offered or shall we book July 20th? Any recommendations? Pros and cons?

It will depend on the sailing you want, the Sale is from July 20th through October 30th BUT, based on availability. HAL will only sell a set percentage for each sailing. I saw several get removed in the first couple of weeks last year. So cannot say for sure if they will do the same. Most likely you would be fine to wait but I will say I would not book a cruise on board, you would be better to wait till you got home. Just purchase the Future Cruise Deposit, then come home and book it, you will be able to also get the Welcome Home Promotion which is code ZPM, this doubles your ship board credit you get from the Future Cruise Deposit.

Interesting that price of this cruise just took a big jump - I thought it was due to Explore4.

Dave, if it makes you feel any better I have found 5 sailings so far that were not on the list that various categories took a good size jump in price in the last 2 days.

LAFFNVEGAS, If offered on my sailing, can I get the Explore 4 on an existing booking? It's 8-20-16 Alaska which will be part of the Explore 4 as I understand it. This cruise was booked with an FCD. Bottom line, is the Explore 4 for new bookings only?

Edited by qsuzi

I did not see this on another thread, so if it's a duplicate please delete. Thank you.

Sent to agents this evening:

Our popular Explore4 program is back and opens July 20 — the perfect time to invite clients to cruise with offers valued at up to US$1,700.* Explore4 features generous offers, available on all staterooms on select January 2016 through April 2017 sailings, and select 2015 holiday cruises. Explore4 offers include:

FREE SIGNATURE BEVERAGE PACKAGE up to US $1400 value*

FREE Pinnacle Grill dinner for two (US $58 value)

FREE OR REDUCED cruise fares for 3rd/4th guests *

(taxes, fees, port expenses are additional)

50% Reduced Deposit*

PLUS — when your clients book a suite, they’ll also receive US$300 onboard spending credit and a FREE Canaletto dinner!*

*Restrictions apply. Please visit hollandamerica.com/Explore4 on Monday, July 20 for full terms and conditions.

So now I will need to wait until Explore4 is over and the prices drop back to where they were to book my next HAL Cruise. I don't want unlimited drinks.

LAFFNVEGAS, If offered on my sailing, can I get the Explore 4 on an existing booking? It's 8-20-16 Alaska which will be part of the Explore 4 as I understand it. This cruise was booked with an FCD. Bottom line, is the Explore 4 for new bookings only?

You may have to rebook and get a new reservation number. Last year some did and some did not. It depends on what promotions you may currently have. Having the FCD on it makes no difference and No the Explore4 is NOT for new bookings only but if the price you are currently paying is lower you have to pay the prevailing price. But there were also cases last year where the price actually dropped.

Watch the Alaska sailing prices closely. I know of many that waited till after the Explore4 ended last year thinking the price would drop for Alaska and they never did. You have to remember that if a ship sells extremely well and a good percentage of the ship has sold why would the cruise line drop the prices. Last year Explore4 was the most successful that it ever was with having sold the largest percentage of Alaska and Canada New England than ever before. Very few sailings dropped afterward if any and for the first time in many years many of the early Alaska sailings totally sold out and they were begging people to move to another voyage and there were very few upsell offers.

Lisa - is the April 10, 2016 Panama Canal cruise included in the new Explore 4 promotion? Thanks in advance for the info.

I am guessing you are talking about the Nieuw Amsterdam, Unfortunately NO, Very few of the Panama Canal Sailings on in it mostly due to the fact they need nothing to entice them to be sold.

This is it for the list of Panama Canal, this has happened in previous years as well.

Amsterdam 4/30/16 22-Day Panama Canal Ft. Lauderdale to Seattle

Amsterdam 4/30/16 21-Day Panama Canal Ft. Lauderdale to Vancouver

Amsterdam 4/30/16 16-Day Panama Canal Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego

Maasdam 5/3/16 20-Day Panama Canal Ft. Lauderdale to Seattle

Maasdam 5/3/16 19-Day Panama Canal Ft. Lauderdale to Vancouver

Maasdam 5/3/16 15-Day Panama Canal Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego

You may have to rebook and get a new reservation number. Last year some did and some did not. It depends on what promotions you may currently have. Having the FCD on it makes no difference and No the Explore4 is NOT for new bookings only but if the price you are currently paying is lower you have to pay the prevailing price. But there were also cases last year where the price actually dropped.

Watch the Alaska sailing prices closely. I know of many that waited till after the Explore4 ended last year thinking the price would drop for Alaska and they never did. You have to remember that if a ship sells extremely well and a good percentage of the ship has sold why would the cruise line drop the prices. Last year Explore4 was the most successful that it ever was with having sold the largest percentage of Alaska and Canada New England than ever before. Very few sailings dropped afterward if any and for the first time in many years many of the early Alaska sailings totally sold out and they were begging people to move to another voyage and there were very few upsell offers.

THANK YOU so very much for responding. Our booking was when the itineraries were first posted and not during a promotion period. As of today the price per person remains the same. Our price was $300 more per person than our 2015 Alaska cruise price for the same category.

Edited by qsuzi

I am guessing you are talking about the Nieuw Amsterdam, Unfortunately NO, Very few of the Panama Canal Sailings on in it mostly due to the fact they need nothing to entice them to be sold.

This is it for the list of Panama Canal, this has happened in previous years as well.

Amsterdam4/30/1622-Day Panama CanalFt. Lauderdale to Seattle

Amsterdam4/30/1621-Day Panama CanalFt. Lauderdale to Vancouver

Amsterdam4/30/1616-Day Panama CanalFt. Lauderdale to San Diego

Maasdam5/3/1620-Day Panama CanalFt. Lauderdale to Seattle

Maasdam5/3/1619-Day Panama CanalFt. Lauderdale to Vancouver

Maasdam5/3/1615-Day Panama CanalFt. Lauderdale to San Diego

Thank you! I was curious about this as well. I'm not surprised that the NA Panama Canal cruise is excluded. It's been selling like crazy and prices just keep going up, up, up.

THANK YOU so very much for responding. Our booking was when the itineraries were first posted and not during a promotion period. As of today the price per person remains the same. Our price was $300 more per person than our 2015 Alaska cruise price for the same category.

I cannot say for sure anything can happen this next week but the pricing may remain the same and you can add the Explore4.

I cannot say for sure anything can happen this next week but the pricing may remain the same and you can add the Explore4.

I understand. You are a great resource and the information you provide is very helpful.

I am revising what I stated previous, there are a few more sailings than in past years that will be included counting several over 14 days and just a few Panama Canal cruises. The cruises that will be included will be sailings from January 2016 through March 2017 with a few exceptions. Anything prior does not appear to be included. With one exception many of the Holiday 2015 sailings will be included. Also new that had not previous always been included for Explore were the Trans Atlantics but it appears they are all there even Koningsdam. The Explore4 will be from July 20th through October 30th and if history tells us anything they will extend it one more month ;) But remember any any time a sailing can be pulled from the promotion.

The BIGGEST news is that Interior cabins will now get to have the Explore4, in the past it was always Ocean View and higher but this time ALL categories are included.

Hi Lisa,

Can you tell me if the Dec 27, 2015 14 day NA is included in this Explore4 Promotion?

Thanks.

Amsterdam 4/30/16 22-Day Panama Canal Ft. Lauderdale to Seattle

Amsterdam 4/30/16 21-Day Panama Canal Ft. Lauderdale to Vancouver

Amsterdam 4/30/16 16-Day Panama Canal Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego

Maasdam 5/3/16 20-Day Panama Canal Ft. Lauderdale to Seattle

Maasdam 5/3/16 19-Day Panama Canal Ft. Lauderdale to Vancouver

Maasdam 5/3/16 15-Day Panama Canal Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego

Thanks Lisa - I expected as much.

Appreciate ALL the help being posted by LAFFNVEGAS but curious if there is a reason WHY the entire list cannot be posted for the Explore4 upcoming cruise availability, making it easier for everyone to see. Wouldn't it make it alot easier?? Super excited for July 20th...hurry up :D

Edited by VacationingCharlene

Appreciate ALL the help being posted by LAFFNVEGAS but curious if there is a reason WHY the entire list cannot be posted for the Explore4 upcoming cruise availability, making it easier for everyone to see. Wouldn't it make it alot easier?? Super excited for July 20th...hurry up :D

Laffnvegas is a travel agent she cannot promote her agency, however, she can answer direct questions. When the prices are available, you can go to your TA for the booking.